Drive Safely

Deleted User

Don't go flying down a right turn only lane to try and get around traffic faster and save yourself a minute. I've seen it right outside my own house way too many times, and this one is probably the worst. Deal with the traffic, even if you really can't stand it. The elderly woman who was taken away on a stretcher here (not shown) might not be able to stand ever again.

Drive safely. When you're driving irresponsibly, you're not only putting yourself at risk, but others as well.

As someone who has suffered, as some of you are aware, personal loss due to an accident on traffic - even if in my particular the motorist was in no fault at all - I feel the need to take the opportunity here to caution pedestrians as well. Too often have I seen people rushing down the street on a green light to save themselves at MAXIMUM ten seconds. We've all done it. I'm no exception to this myself, but even if this will be a fairly grim reminder, I'll state this nonetheless.

One car/bus you don't see coming as you're walking, one misstep on a place that you're not really meant to be walking on to begin with, it can cause you months of pain. It can kill you.

And in all my years I have never experienced anything as soul-crushingly despairing as having to wash the blood of someone you love off of your clothes.

I see about 3 crashes a week, but thankfully most of them aren't too severe. I do remember seeing smoke all over the place driving home one night. I have an extreme paranoia of people pulling out from the sides as one time a long time ago someone was pulling out really fast and I just barely missed them. Probably ended up saving my life as someone was making a sharp turn very fast and if I didn't notice (which I only had milliseconds) and swerve out of the way, he would've hit the driver side door very hard.

I can't say I'm the safest driver in the world, but most of the critical accidents are caused by people not paying attention. I've seen and heard of a couple people I know die because of it and my grandpa ended up in a lawsuit simply because he accidentally ran over a gas tank of a dead man's motorcycle (he did not cause the accident). So pretty much for the love of god pay attention where you're driving.

Thank you for spreading the message, Jericho. As an upcoming driver myself (I'm about to drive with an instructor and all that stuff), I'm a bit nervous and I will definitely be careful. Also, as a pedestrian, I take an extra precaution, which is to look both ways before crossing even though the light is green/white. I mean, even though, I still almost got hit by a car one time, so please do be careful.