I need a little help with my Drifblim.

Aloha

I was thinking Aftermath as my ability, Max EVs for HP and Special attack and - Baton Pass - Amnesia - Hypnosis - Hex.

Do you think Hypnosis + Hex is a good Idea or should I settle for Shadowball and drop hypnosis for minimize or some other move?

Thanks in advance

PS: I already have a vaporeon with Baton Pass, aqua ring and Acid armor I was hoping to match with drifblim to bring out a heavy attacker with reinforced defenses. Any thoughts on that?

I'm running max attack and speed with Jolly, Unburden, Flying Gem and a moveset consisting of Stockpile, Baton Pass, Acrobatics and Destiny Bond. Works like a charm. You could, however, teach it Phantom Force in the case you want more coverage. I just feel like spamming the ridiculous boosted Acrobatics and then passing the +2 boost from Unburden with some possible Stockpile boosts to someone else. Or if you feel like it, you can use that DB and pretty much always take your foe with you (considering you've consumed the Flying Gem and have doubled your speed).

For a special oriented Drifblim your set looks pretty gimmicky but still viable, I like it! However, as you have Baton Pass, I'd change the ability to Unburden like Azodian suggested. Stockpile also ups both defenses unlike Amnesia, but its really just a matter of preference.

Nice to see someone else using the awesome balloon!

I think Hypnosis + Hex is a good combo, I know that from my Chandelure. I would stay with that.

Awesome, thanks!

Since you're going with a baton passer, you should consider using Unburden as Drifblim's ability. Pair that with a consumable held item, either a berry or Ghost Gem, you'll have an abusable speed boost to pass to other team members.

Haven't thought of that! I think I will have it that way

I'm running max attack and speed with Jolly, Unburden, Flying Gem and a moveset consisting of Stockpile, Baton Pass, Acrobatics and Destiny Bond. Works like a charm. You could, however, teach it Phantom Force in the case you want more coverage. I just feel like spamming the ridiculous boosted Acrobatics and then passing the +2 boost from Unburden with some possible Stockpile boosts to someone else. Or if you feel like it, you can use that DB and pretty much always take your foe with you (considering you've consumed the Flying Gem and have doubled your speed).

For a special oriented Drifblim your set looks pretty gimmicky but still viable, I like it! However, as you have Baton Pass, I'd change the ability to Unburden like Azodian suggested. Stockpile also ups both defenses unlike Amnesia, but its really just a matter of preference.

Nice to see someone else using the awesome balloon!

Yeah it's a little gimmicky, That't why I was wonderin if I should abandon the idea of hypnosis+hex and go with plain Shadow ball + something else like minimize instead *(Maybe even droping amnesia for stockpile?).

A thing to consider: I am actually not low in options when it comes to my team: I have Arcanine, ninetails, rapidash, pangoro, honchkrow, crobat, swalot, swampert, lapras, vaporeon, Umbreon, Ampharos, magnezone, mawile, Meganium, butterfree and soon a clafeable. All of them around level 70 and most of them somewhat EV trained. That means I don't really need my drifblim to have amazing coverage and versatility.. I could use it for vary specific battles (baton passing it with vaporeon and cleafable or teaming him up with ninetales in double battles). I just want a moveset that's fun to use (even if it can't always be efectively used).

Thanks!

If you want to try for the hax, you could use minimize alongside your baton pass.

You mean dropping hex and hypnosis for shadow ball, making space for minimize?

Edited by Aloha