Help with Ninetails and clefable?

Aloha

Sorry for the advice seeking spam haha, but I'm preparing for ep 16 and could use some help from you, more experienced people.

Ninetails:

Ab: Drought

Moves: Flamethrower, Will O Wisp, Hex, ???

Should I go for Confuse ray or Extrasensory as the fourth move? I'm trying to decide before evolving...

Clefable:

No idea about abilities or moves.. Maybe minimize, cosmic power, stored power and moonblast? I need a good fairy type but I have 0 experience with any of them..

Thanks in advance again!

PS: After I'm done with these I'll be back asking about your opinion on who should be on my main team (I have like 18 fully trained pokemon and keeping them all that way is becoming imposible/too tiresome..)

For ninetales use extrasensory or confuse ray, you can even make it learn nasty plot for setup if you wish. Clefable pretty much what you said, except maybe moonlight for sustain but you can do that with ultra potions. Magic guard is a great ability too. Also I dont think swalot is too viable at this late stage :P you might wanna switch that for some utility mon like prankster meowstic, it helps a lot in double battles. Other than that you're good to go :D

For ninetales use extrasensory or confuse ray, you can even make it learn nasty plot for setup if you wish. Clefable pretty much what you said, except maybe moonlight for sustain but you can do that with ultra potions. Magic guard is a great ability too. Also I dont think swalot is too viable at this late stage :P you might wanna switch that for some utility mon like prankster meowstic, it helps a lot in double battles. Other than that you're good to go :D

Thanks for the feedback!

Well, that signature is way out of date by now haha, I will soon make a different post asking for opinions on my team/rotation structure (I have added a lot of fully trained pokemon to my pool -around 20-, but it's becoming tiresome to keep them all close to the level cap so I want to focus on a few of them and I know I will have a hard time deciding).

A lot of people have told me that, but believe it or not swalot is still one of my most reliable pokemon haha.. I don't know if I have a special one or what, but he has been great even in the most recent battles of ep 15. When he's not able to deliver himself, he shows to be bulky enough to poison massive threats and lower their defenses with one or two acid sprays, then letting someone else KO them.

Concerning Ninetales ability, does the sunny weather hurt or help the rest of your team? If it hurts more than help, you could consider changing its ability. About the moveset, I'd probably use Flamethrower, Will O Wisp, Confuse Ray, Hex/Extrasensory (depending on which coverage you want).

With Magic Bounce as its ability, Stored Power, Minimize, Cosmic Power, and Moonblast as its moves, Clefable is a beast. I'm using this moveset on my Clefable in a fairy run of Rejuvenation and it is a reason I managed to defeat some bosses.

I would go for nasty plot for now, as Ninetales is a beast for setting up (see my duo run). Not a big fan of Hex because if the target is not vulnerable, it will do less damage than flamethrower even with the burn.

Comparison :

FT : 90*1.5(stab)*1.5(sun) = 202.5

Hex : 65 * 2 (burn) = 130

That means you can only use hex efficiently if the target is burnt and fire is ineffective or hex is supereffective. The pokemon vulnerable to hex are psychic and ghosts, apart from solrock/lunatone, I don't remember any strong vs fire in those types. This means you will be better off a huge majority of time with flamethrower. When you're not, you 're better off switching anyway.

I would replace hex with dark pulse till I can get solar beam and Nasty plot as the last skill for setting up. I agree with Neco for Clefable.

Edited by Nadrel

Concerning Ninetales ability, does the sunny weather hurt or help the rest of your team? If it hurts more than help, you could consider changing its ability. About the moveset, I'd probably use Flamethrower, Will O Wisp, Confuse Ray, Hex/Extrasensory (depending on which coverage you want).

With Magic Bounce as its ability, Stored Power, Minimize, Cosmic Power, and Moonblast as its moves, Clefable is a beast. I'm using this moveset on my Clefable in a fairy run of Rejuvenation and it is a reason I managed to defeat some bosses.

Thanks!

I would go for nasty plot for now, as Ninetales is a beast for setting up (see my duo run). Not a big fan of Hex because if the target is not vulnerable, it will do less damage than flamethrower even with the burn.

Comparison :

FT : 90*1.5(stab)*1.5(sun) = 202.5

Hex : 65 * 2 (burn) = 130

That means you can only use hex efficiently if the target is burnt and fire is ineffective or hex is supereffective. The pokemon vulnerable to hex are psychic and ghosts, apart from solrock/lunatone, I don't remember any strong vs fire in those types. This means you will be better off a huge majority of time with flamethrower. When you're not, you 're better off switching anyway.

I would replace hex with dark pulse till I can get solar beam and Nasty plot as the last skill for setting up. I agree with Neco for Clefable.

Interesting! I haven't considered that.. You convinced me. I will stick with flamethrower, WillOWisp, Nasty plot and extrasensory (I don't know if I can get him dark pulse)

Thanks!