Trick room Team (some plot spoilers)

Pluto

yeah i know its gimmicky and kind of a pain to set up time and time again but given how slow pokemon usually have high base physical/sp.attacks and are blessed with the most highest damaging moves this should give you the edge in alot of battles and put ease to that f12 button. leave your recommendation to make it better down below

Reuniclus

reuniclus.gif

Type: Psychic

Item: Twisted Spoon or Life Orb

Ability: Regenerator

Nature: quiet 252/252 hp/s.att

Moves: Trick Room, Psychic, Psyshock (one of the psy's will be removed when i get shadowball), strength.

Reason: lynchpin trick room setter, has good sustain with 110 health and a pretty high special attack base of 125, either way once shadowball comes out i will be replacing one of those 2 with it possibly for better coverage, strength is just there for hm slavery. It has a poor level move pool which is clearly reflected here but he does put in work, shame that shade no longer gives shadow ball nor is focus blast is a tm yet or else he'd be contributing alot more.

Escavalier or Magnezone

escavalier.gifmagnezone.gif

Type: Steel/Bug & Steel/Electric

Item: Focus Sash or Magnet

Ability: Overcoat (escavalier) or Sturdy (Magnezone)

Nature: Adamant (escavalier) 252/252 Hp/Att or Quiet/Modest (Magnezone) 252/252 hp/sp.att

Escavalier Moves: Megahorn, Sword Dance, Fell Stinger/Drill run, Iron Head

Magnezone Moves: Charge beam, flash cannon, magnet rise, screech/thunder wave

Reason: When it comes down to it, its kind of preference if you want a strong physical trick room attacker go escavalier and vice versa for magnezone

Escavalier offers better sweeping potential with his attack being at 135, megahorn stab gives him a 135 base power move + swordance raising his attack by 2 stages and fell stinger raising it again after landing a killing blow, though this is situational. Iron head being a physical attack hurts fairy types alot more because they have generally lower def compared to special def. Any fire types moves will erase him no questions asked and he won't be able to really fight against any fire types either unless hes that souped up or you get drill run from the agate circus, hes weak 2x ground and both of these are pretty common types. I'd go with a focus sash to ensure atleast 1 sword dance. It can easily best psychic/dark/rock/fairy/grass and it's your most terrifying pokemon when trick room is up as you can certainly 1-hit-ko pulse abra as well as that fucking mewtwo you fight before terror's i mean terra's gmy battle, or do significant damage/1 hit arceus with 1 swords dance, either way hes probably the best trick room sweeper we have so far in the game.

Magnezone gives you better overall coverage to let you zap down flying/water/fairy/rock/ice with a base special of 135, theres a reason why magnezone is used alot in this game, it has access to magnet rise which removes its 4x ground weakness leaving only fire and fighting to contest, it can steadily raise its special attack with the use of charge beam though not as reliably as escavalier sword dance and fell stinger. If mega evolution comes within the next few episode i'd argue that you could replace magnezone with mega amphoros for a trick room team, same for escavalier as you can replace it with Mega Mawile.

Location: magnemite is at shade's gmy > evolves to magnezone when magneton levels in the abandon powerplant and escavlier can be gotten through karrablast route 1 at night + link stone or Shelmet during the day on azurine island then trading it for a karrablast at Calcenon city.

Cofagrigus

cofagrigus.gif

Type: Ghost

Items: Leftovers

Ability: Mummy

Nature: Bold, Relaxed 252/248/8 health/defense/special def

Moves: Pain split, Will-o-wisp, shadow ball, Trick room

Reason: this thing is bulky, like really bulky, originally i thought about having prankster whimsicott but i found out that trick room had a priority of -7, meaning its going last no matter what, so instead of using prankster whimsicott like a idiot i just settled for the bulkiest defensive setter possible. Given its 145 base defense and 105 sp.def, its capable of nearly surviving anything thrown at it while it sets up and if it did take a big hit pain split will be there to remedy that, will-o-wisp is obviously for hard hitting physical attacks along with mummy nulling abilities on contact, cofagrigus is clearly the best defensive trick room setter, with dusclops being the best special defensive setter with evolite, anything said here about cofagrigus can be applied to evolite duclops.

Ampharos

ampharos.gifampharos-mega.gif

Type: Electric

Item: Magnet

Ability: Static

Nature: Modest, Quiet 252/252 health/sp.attack

Moves: Magnet Rise, Charge beam/Discharge/thunderbolt, dragon pulse, strength

Reason: Well there is two reason why ampharos, the first being that he's a mega evolution spot holder and the second is the typing of the team, lets look at what our team is super effective against so far

bug: psychic/dark/grass

Steel: Ice/rock/fairy

Electric: Flying/Water

Psychic: poison/fighting

with the 4 pokemon we now have, we are super effective against 10 types (11 when we get mega ampharos) without overlaping, its imperative that we have atleast 1 electric type on our team, if your going the magnezone route disregard ampharos in favor of a physical bug type.

Porygon-2

porygon2.gif

Type: Normal

Item: Evolite (when it comes out)

Ability: Download

Nature: Calm 252/80/176 Hp/Sp.att/Sp.Def

Moves: Tri-attack, conversion 2, zap cannon, Shadow ball (if you have it pre episode 15)

Reason: i didn't want another dark, psychic or ghost room tricker, regardless he compliments cofagrigus seeing that cofagrigus can't really take special attack ghost type moves while porygon-2 over here can't take physical attack fighting type moves all so well, they syngerize pretty well. The reason why i will not be taking porygon-z is that while his base special attack is 130, he gains adaptability and he can now relearn nasty plot, his 90/95 def/Sp.Def drops to 70/75, but its up to you if you want more defensive pokemon or offensive, if you do intend on going for porygon-z max his health and special attack for a trick room set. Tri-attack is self-exclamatory stab and all the status effects are pretty good, conversion 2 is a pretty interesting ability because you become resistant to the last ability you were hit with, lets say you got hit by normal type or fighting type move last turn after setting up trick room, conversion 2 changes you to a ghost type (or anything resistant to fighting) and now that move is no longer effective or maybe can't even hit you. Shadow ball is for hitting those pesky ghost types and Zap cannon and is just for parahax, though lowering speed in a trick room set up is pretty bad so this maybe get changed.

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQNUFbjichs then find upgrade in the tazan cove after you beat noel, dubious disk can be found in glitch city along with wild porygons

Crawdaunt

crawdaunt.gif

Type: Water/Dark

item: Focus Sash

Ability: Adaptability

Nature: Adamant, Brave 252/252 Hp/Att

Moves: Surf, Dive, waterfall, sword dance

Reason: with 3 water type hm, crawdaunt gets the short end of the stick, this team needed a good physical water type sweeper that works well under trick room, and crawdaunt is one of the few things that come to mind, with a whooping 120 base attack, adaptability and access to sword dance he can match escavalier potential to sweep, however as i mentioned before 3 water hms kind of limits what moves you can run on him, since i found sword dance to important to give up i for-goed crunch and his physical dark stab moves, the good news is that waterfall and dive are pretty good physical water attack moves, if your smart with it you can use dive on the last turn of a trick room to make your opponent miss you twice.

Edited by Pluto

you dont need to give up crunch on crawdaunt, you can just use a wailmer or something as an HM slave, and since you're used to setting up trick room nearly every fight, I'm sure a trip to the pc every now and then isn't too bad.

yeah but certain boss battles require you to have certain hm's to reach them, it would be a 6v5 battle and that would be a very uphill battle at this point in the game, i might get rid of dive since i don't think ill need it for awhile

what i really want is either a frllish (not worth trying to get from the mystery egg) or a slowbro/slowking which aren't in the game to my knowledge.

Edited by Pluto