How does the shiny charm affect breeding?

Pluto

it can't be coincidence that i've been able to hatch 3 shiny karrablasts within the hour if the rate drops to 1/250 with shiny charm. i started with shiny ditto and normal karrablast, got a shiny karrablast on my last attempt with them, though it had bad ivs. then i breed shiny karrablast with another karrablast with good ivs, eventually got another shiny with better ivs then the parents (high 20-30s all stats). breed that shiny karrablast with my shiny scolipede and got a shiny karrablast in 2 eggs.

looking around people say that even if you breed a shiny with a shiny the only way to increase shiny rate though breeding would be the masadu method and that doesn't apply to reborn. am i just getting lucky with these shinies or what?

first shiny had bad iv's

second shiny had really good iv's but no megahorn

third shiny has good att and megahorn but 14 hp iv's, ill probably use this one and see if i hatch another shiny with the remaining eggs i have.

this all within maybe 12ish eggs, i seriously wish i was this lucky with porygon (though this was pre-charm).

what if i breed 2 shiny karrablast together?

Edited by Pluto

As far as I know, the only way of increasing the chance of getting shiny pokemon is the shiny charm. Shininess is computed by using a formula (which you can read in Bulbapedia) and is unaffected by the parents' shininess when breeding.

What I mean is that you were just lucky with your shiny Carrablasts. The fact that a phenomenom is unlikely doesn't make it impossible to happen. You could flip a million coins and get heads a million times, even if the possibility is minimal.

Page from Bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon

Edited by Lugruf

To the furthest extent of my knowledge, whether or not a breeding Pokemon is shiny has no effect on the offspring. The shininess is generated entirely by the RNG. Therefore, breeding 2 shiny Pokemon together doesn't increase the offspring shiny chance.

I don't know the exact shiny rate in Reborn, but it's often quoted as a figure of roughly 1 in 100. Therefore, the chances of breeding shinies in succession are low, but not astronomically so. The shiny charm in Reborn, as in the main series games, doubles the shiny rate; going off the previous figure, that would make it about 1 in 50.