Favorite Pokedex entries

Froiky

So the other day I was watching the XY Pokemon anime and encountered a scene where Ash was using his pokedex to learn about a Rhyperior he was facing. In the entry Dexter said that Rhyperior shoot rocks and Geodude from the holes in its arms. Let me repeat that. Rhyperior shoots Geodue at other pokemon. This made me laugh so much.

Anyways, what's your favorite pokedex entries, games and anime? I hope there are other gems like this one hidden in the anime.

Magcargo’s body temperature is approximately 18,000 degrees F. Water is vaporized on contact. If this POKéMON is caught in the rain, the raindrops instantly turn into steam, cloaking the area in a thick fog.

Let us never forget that Magcargo is HOTTER THAN THE SURFACE OF THE SUN.

According to old tales, these Pokémon are stumps possessed by the spirits of children who died while lost in the forest.

Phantump is a tree stump that is possessed by a dead child. Let that sink in for a moment.

I fins slowbro/slowpokes entries to be quite funny. The lazy pokemon fishes using it's tail so it can rest at the water but it is so stupid that it forgets it is fishing. However when shelder bites a slowpoke it evolves into a slowbro forcing the lazy pokemon to hunt to it's chagrin. When it devolves it then can go to it's lazy ways.

Edited by FairFamily

Don't forget the myriad dex entries of poor old Rhyhorn, which all take special pleasure in pointing out how stupid it is.

"Rhyhorn's brain is very small. It is so dense, while on a run it forgets why it started running in the first place. It apparently remembers sometimes if it demolishes something."

"Once it starts running, it doesn't stop. Its tiny brain makes it so stupid that it can't remember why it started running in the first place."

"Its body is clad in a thick hide, and its tackles topple buildings. Unfortunately, it is not smart."

"Its powerful tackles can destroy anything. However, it is too slow witted to help people work."

That last is an abject lie because XY showed us that Rhyhorn can be ridden, and certainly helps people by removing obstacles at the very least.

Stop this injustice, I say, and stop bullying poor Rhyhorn. He doesn't deserve to be made fun of, I'll have you know he's much smarter than what people say!

Metang.

"It floats midair using magnetism. Its body is so tough, even a crash with a jet plane won't leave a scratch."

According to this dex entry, this pokémon is practically immune to physical damage. It cannot be hurt. It cannot feel pain. You'd have to melt it in order to destroy it.

Now imagine a Metang going after you for whatever reason. You're basically in John Connor's situation, except you don't have a T800 to protect you from T1000.