Ideal Archeops set

laggless01

I got an Archen, but I am in a bit of a bind on what set I should use (and since I IV-breed, that way also which ones to focus on).

Should I go fully physical with a Jolly nature, or should I run a Naive nature for moves like Earth Power? Ideal movesets for any of the two are appreciated, too.

A Naïve or Hasty nature with Earth Power, Rock Slide, Acrobatics and U-turn offers excellent coverage and utility, and allows you to bail out to avoid the crippling effect t of Defeatist as well. Excellent team support.

EPower can be gotten via Corsola. Head Smash can as well, but it's usually not worth it because it hastens Defeatist. You can also breed with drapion or Farfetch'd or Crawdaunt for Knock Off over Earth Power, in which case a Jolly Nature is preferred. In either case, maximize your speed and attack, and out the residual EVs in SpAtk or in Spdef as the case may be.

The only other move I can really recommend that Viri hasn't covered is Endeavor over U-turn, which can be a fun way of not just avoiding Defeatist but actually somewhat ignoring it. I suppose Fly is also a viable alternative over Acrobatics if you want to have it hold an item too, though I probably wouldn't bother.

Thing is, I have (by luck) a 6 31-IVs Jolly Skorupi with Knock Off to breed with, but idk whether Knock Off or Earth Power would have more utility in Reborn. My team consists of Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mamoswine/Diggersby/Flygon, Zoroark and Crobat atm, and it would replace the latter.

my preferred choice for an archeops moveset is U-turn, roost, acrobatics, and rockslide/stone edge.

side note: you can replace U-turn with earthquake to cover the electric weakness as I generally replace it depending on the situation.

Thing is, (unless you skip episodes,) EQ is unavailable (probably until the very end), so that leaves Bullshit and Earth Power. Neither is Roost, iirc.

Question is if there's an optimal set for Reborn (when held my team into account) (and what's available). That way, I can breed Archen accordingly (and continue the story beating Ferns grassy ass).

I quite like mixed Archeops, and pretty much what's been said is what I'd do. Earth Power/Acrobatics(or Fly if you prefer for doubles shenanigans/item usage)/U-turn/Rock STAB of your choosing be it Rock Tomb or Rock Slide. ...If Rock Tomb is available I actually forget at this point. Anyways, I like the Naive set, it's solid. Also I'd go Earth Power > Knock Off just for pseudo EdgeQuake coverage with Rock STAB + Earth Power.

Thanks. Now I just have to sacifice enough to the weather gods to make it rain on apophyll
I MEAN COME ON I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THREE WEEKS FOR GODDAMN RAIN JUST TO CATCH A NEAR USELESS PINK REEF SPIKE.
Ahum.

EDIT: Gotcha. 6 IVs female Archen with Head Smash(->Rock Slide), Earth Power, Knock Off and Pluck(->Acrobatics). Now I just have to decide whether to keep Knock Off or U-Turn.

Update: As of now, next thing I'll do is entering Agate. Before that, though, I want to make sure I didn't miss any good/important event mons (I'll get to Solosis and Rotom for sure), especially if known I like to breed mons first to get some decent moves/stats.
So, I want to add to my squad mons obtainable before Agate that ensure (or at least give me a better chance) being able to beat the chapters locked in that part of the region.

Team is: Blaziken (Adamant, SB), Gardevoir(Timid), Archeops(Naive), Mamoswine(Jolly), Galvantula(Timid), Zoroark(Timid).
Bench: Diggersby(Jolly), Flygon (Rip Charlotte)(Jolly), Crobat(Jolly)

(P.S. I know ths changes the topic, but I thought it would be to little to create an entirely new topic for it)

Your mons in team and rotation seem fine to me. You can cover pretty much everything. The new steel type would help you cover against fairies but I trust your crobat can do that just fine. The thing is, your team screams "I hit hard and I go first" which is a very easy to pull off strategy and works quite well but if we're talking about diversity you lack a tank (and maybe some status, though you probably have Thunderwave on Galvantula, right?). None of your pokemon are meant to take a hit and thus they aren't really able to do so outside of natural bulk on flygon or maybe some calm minds on Gardevoir. You could use someone to sponge the hits you don't want to take. Steel types were originally designed to do just that.

Empoleon is not too good in Reborn since its level-up movepool is atrociously bad and quite a lot of TMs aren't available yet. So he'd be stuck knowing only metal claw for a steel type move.

Magnezone is a godly beast but more of a special attacker than a tank. It has its spot among the top 3 electric types of the game along with Ampharos and Manectric. Though there is no common agreement among the community on which rank it is exactly. I say its definitely number 1. If you like it, get it.

Escavalier I've never used that guy, so I wouldn't know but he's ungodly slow, so he'd need a trick room strategy to sweep and shine which doesn't fit in with the rest of your comp.

Bronzong yes that's a tank. A good one even. It has balanced but high physical and special defense along with a steel/psychic dual type which gives it a ton of resistances while leaving you with only 4 2x weaknesses and no 4x weakness. Even better with Heatproof and Levitate as abilities you can freely decide to get rid of another weakness leaving you with only 3. It is able to tank almost anything from almost anyone so it's most definitely worth a consideration.

If you want to be disgustingly strong and like your life easy, then go on the magical adventure to capture Beldum and get yourself a Metagross. It has the same type combination as Bronzong so it shares the only 4 weaknesses and 9 resistances. It doesn't have the weakness cancelling abilities of Bronzong, but Clear Body is a well worth substitute for that making sure your stats won't ever be dropped. Speaking of stats, it's a pseudo-legendary so it wins by numbers. It even gets strong STAB and coverage moves by level up. The only drawback of it are actually getting it and leveling it up.

Honorable mentions go out to Aggron and Steelix who have ridiculous physical defense and good physical offense. They get rekt by special attacks, but both have Sturdy to make sure you get at least one hit in. The combination Sturdy+Metal Burst for Aggron is powerful and able to destroy Ditto-Arceus in one turn, so it's a thing worth considering for future battles. Though your team kind of already has the ground and rock types in decent spots, so you won't gain all too much by adding either of them.

Edited by BlackRum

Your mons in team and rotation seem fine to me. You can cover pretty much everything. The new steel type would help you cover against fairies but I trust your crobat can do that just fine. The thing is, your team screams "I hit hard and I go first" which is a very easy to pull off strategy and works quite well but if we're talking about diversity you lack a tank (and maybe some status, though you probably have Thunderwave on Galvantula, right?). None of your pokemon are meant to take a hit and thus they aren't really able to do so outside of natural bulk on flygon or maybe some calm minds on Gardevoir. You could use someone to sponge the hits you don't want to take. Steel types were originally designed to do just that.

Empoleon is not too good in Reborn since its level-up movepool is atrociously bad and quite a lot of TMs aren't available yet. So he'd be stuck knowing only metal claw for a steel type move.

Magnezone is a godly beast but more of a special attacker than a tank. It has its spot among the top 3 electric types of the game along with Ampharos and Manectric. Though there is no common agreement among the community on which rank it is exactly. I say its definitely number 1. If you like it, get it.

Escavalier I've never used that guy, so I wouldn't know but he's ungodly slow, so he'd need a trick room strategy to sweep and shine which doesn't fit in with the rest of your comp.

Bronzong yes that's a tank. A good one even. It has balanced but high physical and special defense along with a steel/psychic dual type which gives it a ton of resistances while leaving you with only 4 2x weaknesses and no 4x weakness. Even better with Heatproof and Levitate as abilities you can freely decide to get rid of another weakness leaving you with only 3. It is able to tank almost anything from almost anyone so it's most definitely worth a consideration.

If you want to be disgustingly strong and like your life easy, then go on the magical adventure to capture Beldum and get yourself a Metagross. It has the same type combination as Bronzong so it shares the only 4 weaknesses and 9 resistances. It doesn't have the weakness cancelling abilities of Bronzong, but Clear Body is a well worth substitute for that making sure your stats won't ever be dropped. Speaking of stats, it's a pseudo-legendary so it wins by numbers. It even gets strong STAB and coverage moves by level up. The only drawback of it are actually getting it and leveling it up.

Honorable mentions go out to Aggron and Steelix who have ridiculous physical defense and good physical offense. They get rekt by special attacks, but both have Sturdy to make sure you get at least one hit in. The combination Sturdy+Metal Burst for Aggron is powerful and able to destroy Ditto-Arceus in one turn, so it's a thing worth considering for future battles. Though your team kind of already has the ground and rock types in decent spots, so you won't gain all too much by adding either of them.

Well, I have a couple base 80 speed mons, so Sticky Web makes those guys a lot more terrifying, hence the Galvantula (Too bad Thunder isn't available). I can often tank a hit for setting up a field or so (Amplifield Rock Mist Mamoswine. So underrated, and has certainly the bulk to set it up). For those one-mon bosses I do have a Perish Song Murkrow if it's anything hard (actually two of them, but you get the idea).

I know Metagross is great (BP on Icy field is so good, I used that in the run that got to the end of E15, plus my fav Psychic type), but for some reasons I doubt I can get it (I started with Blaziken. Yh it would be fun blazing through Reborn). Also I would lose almost 40k for triggering the event if it would still work.

Atm I'm trying to get the Yureyu Key, but I can't find it yet (I know where it is, just give me some time) So I'll wait before considering the Zone.

Aggron and Steelix never really did it for me, though. To me, they faint rather easily before they can hit back properly (if at all). EQ isn't available either.

I like Bronzong, Offensive TR was so good in Platinum. Idk what it could offer my team, since the utility it can bring is either unneeded or unavailable in Reborn. (Same for Forretress, Rapid Spin doesn't have much utility in Reborn.)

So perhaps Magnezone if I can get the item. (Really bad Empoleon doesn't get decent moves, I could use some Water typing).