Help with team!

DarkeDragon38

Firstly, I'd find a nice Stealth Rock setter. With flying gym it should start with a nice damage.

Strong electric type like ampharos or magnezone would be very helpful. Lose Pangoro and victreebell, I can't see any use for these 2 in this battle.

I also like to finish Ciel's Altaria with perish song. It's kinda cheese, but effective ;]

If you want to make a thread about team advice, it's better to do it in the Team Showcase Forum.

Now for the team, honestly most of the pokemon in your team are pretty weak. Every single one of them is outclassed by other pokemon that are available at this point in the game. I'd recommend a total overhaul of the team, because as the game continues to progress it will continue to grow weaker and weaker. 

Fire types: Arcanine, Ninetales, Darmanitan, Chandelure and Volcarona are great choices.

Psychic types: Alakazam, Gardevoir, Metagross, Reuniclus

Ground types: Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Mamoswine, Flygon and Excadrill (post Ciel)

Water types: Azumarill, Crawdaunt, Rotom-W, Milotic, and post Ciel there's Tentacruel and Starmie

Ice types: Mamoswine and Weavile (post Ciel)

Steel types: Magnezone, Forretress, Metagross, Lucario, Bisharp

Bug types: Volcarona, Heracross, Forretress, Scolipede, Galvantula

Fighting: Lucario, Heracross, Toxicroak, Scrafty, Mienshao

I could go on but I think you get the point. You need to start using some of the stronger pokemon otherwise you'll start having a lot of trouble with future battles. I may be coming off aggressive here suggesting you to change every member, but you will only encounter more problems as you go on. It's better to overhaul the team now than later. I know that you want to use your favorites, and I do encourage you to try to find the mons that best suit your play style. But in a game as hard as Reborn, a team with only average to weak pokemon won't cut it. So I do encourage you to at least try using the stronger pokemon.

As for Ciel specifically, you're having trouble with her because the only pokemon that is good against flying types in your team is Dewgong. And without it your team is pretty much helpless against her. Try adding a powerful Electric, Ice or Rock type. Some good mons are Magnezone, Mamoswine, Rotom-W (or Frost), Archeops, and Galvantula. 

1 hour ago, DarkeDragon38 said:

I am having trouble against the flying leader Ciel. My team is: Delphox, Camerupt, Dewgong, Durant, Pangoro, and Victreebell. I'm trying to train up an Emolga but I'm afraid it won't cut it. Any advice?

oh boy,  i think you may need to have more power in your team, fi you are interested i have a few extra pokemons that are really powerful

for example you have pangoro and durant   metal ,dark and fighting   if you use a Lucario/bisharp which is an OU

i have a goodra, metagross, Lucario, charmander, tepig, cyndaquill, mudkip , torchic, chimchar, busharp and magnamite and others i will take anything in return but i will only give you 2 pokemons max.

Edited by ff9alex
adding info

Hey so thanks guys for the advice. I'm not very good at telling which pokes are strong and all the ones I choose tend to be on the weaker side. So since I'd rather not do a total overhaul of my whole team and train 6 pokes up to level 75, which ones would you suggest keeping? ...At least for now. I know that Durant is a stronger poke because of it's typing and defense and it seems to be the most effective one on the team. I also thing Dewgong would be good in this battle bc of the typing if nothing else. What would you suggest?

Also, here are the pokes I am thinking of training up: Ampharos, Weavile, Arcanine, and maybe Gigalith and Gothitelle. Are these good choices?

I was also thinking about adding Noivren to my team or Swoobat because I can't help psychic types.

Weavile, Arcanine, Gigalith and Noivern are all neato (Gigalith not that much but for Ciel wynaut). I suggest replacing Dewgong with Empoleon or Clawitzer once you're done with Ciel.

The others made a bunch of great suggestions, so I would just underline how godly Magnezone is in this game. If you have a Magnemite in your PC, go for it.

Good luck!

42 minutes ago, DarkeDragon38 said:

Hey so thanks guys for the advice. I'm not very good at telling which pokes are strong and all the ones I choose tend to be on the weaker side. So since I'd rather not do a total overhaul of my whole team and train 6 pokes up to level 75, which ones would you suggest keeping? ...At least for now. I know that Durant is a stronger poke because of it's typing and defense and it seems to be the most effective one on the team. I also thing Dewgong would be good in this battle bc of the typing if nothing else. What would you suggest?

Also, here are the pokes I am thinking of training up: Ampharos, Weavile, Arcanine, and maybe Gigalith and Gothitelle. Are these good choices?

I was also thinking about adding Noivren to my team or Swoobat because I can't help psychic types.

Of the ones listed Ampharos, Weavile, Arcanine and Noivern would be good choices. I suggest after beating Ciel for you to get an Excadrill since it'll help you a LOT in the next gym.

I'm not sure or you can go back to the city reborn right now? Anyways, if you can't: some mons you can catch and use are:

-Polyswine (evolve it by teaching at the move relearner in the circus),

-Floatzel (i'd recommend this one for this gym!) (learnes ice fang, along side with an ice gem and his high speed he can probably 1HKO or 2 HKO after ultra potion the altaria)

- A rock stealth set up'er as said by someone before. I think geodude it he only possibility (with sturdy)?? IDK, maybe that sandblock pokemon which you "sleep" during the puzzle.

17 hours ago, dotahkin01 said:

I'm not sure or you can go back to the city reborn right now? Anyways, if you can't: some mons you can catch and use are:

-Polyswine (evolve it by teaching at the move relearner in the circus),

-Floatzel (i'd recommend this one for this gym!) (learnes ice fang, along side with an ice gem and his high speed he can probably 1HKO or 2 HKO after ultra potion the altaria)

- A rock stealth set up'er as said by someone before. I think geodude it he only possibility (with sturdy)?? IDK, maybe that sandblock pokemon which you "sleep" during the puzzle.

I can't go back to the city but I have a lot of mons in the PC so I might have others.