Any Team Suggestions?

Frozenwolf94

So I just finished beating Shelly and I feel that my current team needs some tune ups for the later parts of the game so any help will be appreciated

My Current Team

Greninja,  Meowstic (Female), Toxicroak, Growlithe, Pawniard, and Tynamo

So far I feel right now I don't really have a tank for my team as all my members are on the fragile side and I need someone to switch in to take a hit that I don't want any of my key Pokémon for either a gym battle or a boss battle and I'm on the fence with Pawniard since I already have Greninja but with Greninja's protean ability I might want to have a second dark type for my team but another dark type is not a huge must have. So any help will be appreciated since I'm stuck this time around with what to do with this team  

4 minutes ago, Frozenwolf94 said:

So I just finished beating Shelly and I feel that my current team needs some tune ups for the later parts of the game so any help will be appreciated

My Current Team

So far I feel right now I don't really have a tank for my team as all my members are on the fragile side and I need someone to switch in to take a hit that I don't want any of my key Pokémon for either a gym battle or a boss battle and I'm on the fence with Pawniard since I already have Greninja but with Greninja's protean ability I might want to have a second dark type for my team but another dark type is not a huge must have. So any help will be appreciated since I'm stuck this time around with what to do with this team  

I think Magnezone or Ferrothorn are great tanks. Good Def/ Sp. Def and a ton of resistances (esp the poison resistance)

1 hour ago, Frozenwolf94 said:

My Current Team

A great tanky pokemon that could replace the Meowstic is Reuniclus, especially if you give it Calm Mind. Also, don't see much of a point on having Tynamo since Greninja covers water pretty well. Try another Ground type, I'd recommend Mamoswine.

EDIT:

Those gen V pokemon always confuse me... Magnezone is a much better electric type, and it is pretty tanky as well.

Edited by Farnsworth
tynamo tympole tynamo tympole

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Nico_Robin said:

I think Magnezone or Ferrothorn are great tanks. Good Def/ Sp. Def and a ton of resistances (esp the poison resistance)

Ferrothorn is still unobtainable if I remember correctly, and magnezone evolution can't be done till much later, possibly even later than in E15. however magneton is still excellent, especially with sturdy+thunderwave for some bosses.

1 hour ago, Farnsworth said:

A great tanky pokemon that could replace the Meowstic is Reuniclus, especially if you give it Calm Mind. Also, don't see much of a point on having Tynamo since Greninja covers water pretty well. Try another Ground type, I'd recommend Mamoswine.

EDIT:

Those gen V pokemon always confuse me... Magnezone is a much better electric type, and it is pretty tanky as well.

solosis for reuniclus can't be obtained till magnezone can evolve, which is very late. however gardevoir works as a great psychic/fairy attacker and solid special wall with calm mind. misty terrian is also very helpful sometimes, but maybe a little cheesy i feel? you can get a ralts after you have 5 badges, explore the railnet for a corrupted pokeball if you want it.

Bisharp is very solid if it gets set up, but can be a bit slow and 4x fighting weakness can hurt. as you said, greninja gets dark, and magneton would have steel. mamoswine is really nice and adds two types you don't have, plus priority ice shard can be super handy, but he has enough speed to still go first a decent amount of the time without it. if you can breed one with icicle crash for when you need more power it's quite helpful. (ice fang is ok though) and if already breeding moves onto it, stealth rock is a nice bonus.

5 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Ferrothorn is still unobtainable if I remember correctly, and magnezone evolution can't be done till much later, possibly even later than in E15. however magneton is still excellent, especially with sturdy+thunderwave for some bosses.

solosis for reuniclus can't be obtained till magnezone can evolve, which is very late. however gardevoir works as a great psychic/fairy attacker and solid special wall with calm mind. misty terrian is also very helpful sometimes, but maybe a little cheesy i feel? you can get a ralts after you have 5 badges, explore the railnet for a corrupted pokeball if you want it.

Bisharp is very solid if it gets set up, but can be a bit slow and 4x fighting weakness can hurt. as you said, greninja gets dark, and magneton would have steel. mamoswine is really nice and adds two types you don't have, plus priority ice shard can be super handy, but he has enough speed to still go first a decent amount of the time without it. if you can breed one with icicle crash for when you need more power it's quite helpful. (ice fang is ok though) and if already breeding moves onto it, stealth rock is a nice bonus.

Yeah I was thinking about getting ralts since I always get it when I get the chance and evolving it into Gallade in a few of my runs but I think I'll go with Gardevoir this time around since the Toxicroak I got this time has the nature I want on it. Magneton might be my choice for the tank role for the main reason you stated with the sturdy+thunderwave combo, man that combo was a life savior in my past run against El's Ditto lol.

Mamoswine is a great choice and I'm hate myself for not thinking about the lovable fuzzy pig mammoth. I think the reason I didn't think about him was manly having two pokemon weak to both fire and fighting but now that I'm think this over I can always try to get thick fat on mamoswine to help with his fire weakness so mamo is most likely be part of my main team and or part of the back up team in case I need switch my team around. Thanks for the suggestions, they certainly help me planning my teams :)

Magneton is, as pretty much everyone said, an excellent tanky electric mon but if you want to replace Tynamo right now you can get Mareep. Ampharos can hold its own and provides interesting support with Thunder Wave and Electric Terrain.