Need Suggestions For Team

Erinyes

Hello,

so I learned the other day that the IVs/EVs are important and found out all my team pokemon have really bad IVs/EVs. I also never cared much about the nature of the pokemon or the tankyness etc. Thats why I came here to ask you guys for some advice or suggestions for my team.

I just finished

Spoiler

the first important task in E16

and realized, things may not work out in future fights, bc I just try to one-hit everything and this gets difficult at times.(Or it's just the game) Before progressing further with the story, I want new pokemon in my team, but I'm not sure which ones. This is where I need your help. So this is my whole team so far:

Lvl. 80 Infernape (bold)

Lvl. 80 Pyroar (Naughty)

Lvl. 78 Manectric (careful)

Lvl. 76 Meowstic (Brave)

Lvl. 72 Jynx (sassy)

Lvl 68 Walrein (Careful)

I thought about adding a ground, water, dark and dragon type to the team. Currently I have a sneasel, spiritomg, pawniard and cacturne for the dark type. A totodile, simipour, swanna, frillish or lapras for water. One cubone for ground and a druddigon as dragon type. (where the axews at?) Are there better alternatives in the game?

Also does my team lack anything else? I don't know much about team building, I just took what seemed to fit into the team. Or should I just stick to trying to one-hit everything and take the pokemons I see fitting? I'm just imagining myself getting wrecked in future battles.

There are several ways to improve your team, namely, that there are better alternatives to your current lineup.

- Manectric isn't all that amazing, and too frail. Ampharos, and the awful Magnezone are better choice (Magnezone is trash btw. and you shouldn't use him.)

- Meowstic isn't all that good anymore, and if you want a good Screen Setter you're better off with a Sylveon or Gardevoir.

- Jynx isn't all that good anymore, and Glaceon, Mamoswine and Weavile are in general better at what they do.

- Wallrein could be replaced with something like Milotic, Rotom-W or Swampert (available in EP16)

And as for your lack of coverage, you lack coverage for many things. Steel times especially are going to be very useful in EP16 against the Gym leader. Here Metagross and Bisharp can do very well. Otherwise generally strong Pokemon like Gallade are always useful. 

Edited by Tartar

You may want to change that infernape's nature, i recomend Adamant.

Imo you can change the rest of your team, there are plenty of very strong pokemon available now, I will add those to Tartar's list:

water: Swampert / Tentakruel

Psychic: Metagross

Electric: Elekable

I had a feeling I'd need to change a lot, didn't expect it to be the whole team.

1 hour ago, Tartar said:

There are several ways to improve your team, namely, that there are better alternatives to your current lineup.

- Manectric isn't all that amazing, and too frail. Ampharos, and the awful Magnezone are better choice (Magnezone is trash btw. and you shouldn't use him.)

- Meowstic isn't all that good anymore, and if you want a good Screen Setter you're better off with a Sylveon or Gardevoir.

- Jynx isn't all that good anymore, and Glaceon, Mamoswine and Weavile are in general better at what they do.

- Wallrein could be replaced with something like Milotic, Rotom-W or Swampert (available in EP16)

And as for your lack of coverage, you lack coverage for many things. Steel times especially are going to be very useful in EP16 against the Gym leader. Here Metagross and Bisharp can do very well. Otherwise generally strong Pokemon like Gallade are always useful. 

- Yes, it really is frail. I see, I'd need to find a mareep, then. How about Raichu, do you think Raichu is strong? (I saw a pichu a while ago)

- Yeah, Meowstic also is defeated very fast. I could get myself a Sylveon, not sure about Gardevoir. (all those lvl ups for nothing :(

- The only reason I have Jynx with me is the attack perish song, it helped out a lot. 

- Good idea, I'd also cover the ground type part with Swampert, I found mudkip an hour ago. 

I gave up on catching that beldum, I'll try bisharp, then. Thank you very much for helping, you just helped me to not waste time on the other pokemons I mentioned (:

1 hour ago, Razkar said:

You may want to change that infernape's nature, i recomend Adamant.

Imo you can change the rest of your team, there are plenty of very strong pokemon available now, I will add those to Tartar's list:

water: Swampert / Tentakruel

Psychic: Metagross

Electric: Elekable

I see, I'll look what I can do about the nature.

Elekable is available? I didn't know that.

So I'll add Swampert, Sylveon and Elekable/Ampharos to my team for now.

Thank you both for the help!

Honestly, the most important thing is to use the Pokémon you want to use yourself. I've named several new Mons that are objectively better than those you use yourself, but  it can often be more fun to use weaker Mons that you have an affinity for rather than use others you dislike. Personally I've continued to use Vivilon in my Rejuvenation playthrough because I adore the Pokémon, even when better Larvesta revealed itself in my Mystery Egg.

2 hours ago, Tartar said:

Honestly, the most important thing is to use the Pokémon you want to use yourself. I've named several new Mons that are objectively better than those you use yourself, but  it can often be more fun to use weaker Mons that you have an affinity for rather than use others you dislike. Personally I've continued to use Vivilon in my Rejuvenation playthrough because I adore the Pokémon, even when better Larvesta revealed itself in my Mystery Egg.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just worried that I'll be stuck somewhere in the game someday, bc my team is too bad or something. I think I'll just add the pokemon you mentioned to the team and also use the ones I had before.

10 hours ago, Tartar said:

(Magnezone is trash btw. and you shouldn't use him.)

whoa whoa what?

Logged in just to ask: Why is Magnezone so bad? I've used it in a lot of mainline pokemon games and it's worked out great. Is it the speed plus the ground weakness?

Are you looking for a fight, Tartar? Or is this one of your attempts to be funny?

For your information, Magnezone is one of the best Pokemon in Reborn, certainly the best Electric type and the best special attacking Steel type. It has great team support and power, and learns its best moves by level too. Get yourself a Modest one with good IVs and raise it in HP and SpAtk.

Bisharp is also a great idea, though you will need to breed it with a member of the Hitmon family to give it Sucker Punch.

11 hours ago, Viridescent 2.0 said:

Are you looking for a fight, Tartar? Or is this one of your attempts to be funny?

For your information, Magnezone is one of the best Pokemon in Reborn, certainly the best Electric type and the best special attacking Steel type. It has great team support and power, and learns its best moves by level too. Get yourself a Modest one with good IVs and raise it in HP and SpAtk.

Bisharp is also a great idea, though you will need to breed it with a member of the Hitmon family to give it Sucker Punch.

No fights plz xD If Magnezone is good I already got one, that would make things easier.

Alright thank you!