Smoochum Dilemma

MrFish

Ouch...Those are nice stats, just in the wrong places of course (unless you want a physical jynx?). It'd probably be good for breeding if you do that sort of thing, but you could probably get better stats if you wanted a special sweeper...

Edited by Strider

I kind of want to get into breeding, since I've never really done it properly before and I figure this could be a fabulous place to start. I just don't have the experience/knowledge to judge if it actuallt is a good place to begin

I'd say try again.

Encountered baby pokémon will always have (at least) three stats with 31 IVs, so it shouldn't be too difficult compared to some other pokémon.

Attack isn't so great for jynx: the speed is good though!

Ideally you'd want SpAtk 31 as well. And the third for SpD or HP, in an ideal world. With a Timid or Modest nature, but you could breed for that if you have an Everstone.

If you're not sure about losing this one:

With have multiple save files enabled, you could always save the game, rename the "Game" file to something else, then use the previous save file to soft-reset some more.

That way you'd have this one as a backup. Hopefully that makes sense.

Edited by Bakerlite

9 minutes ago, Bakerlite said:

Encountered baby pokémon will always have (at least) three stats with 31 IVs, so it shouldn't be too difficult compared to some other pokémon.

Ooooh I didn't know that. In that case I'm definitely resetting because I can absolutely do better than this. I'd much prefer a Jynx with 31 in SpA than breed the Atk onto something else.

Good luck!

And yes, provided that you're playing Ep16 (...I forgot to specify that), unbreedable pokémon will have three 31 IVs, which includes baby ones that can breed when evolved.

...Which I forgot about until I realised that I was getting a lot of 31 IV bonsly.