Unofficial Tournaments

N8theGr8

This is a relatively simple and easy idea. Post fun and different tournament ideas here, and then we play a tourney when we have enough people in the server. No fancy image grid, no real prizes other than the glory of winning; just a tournament to break away from the boring OU metagame.

Whether we play using the tournament or round-robin or another way is entirely up to you guys.

Oh, and if we're taking someone's idea, they MUST be in the server in order to play, unless they're someone who's rarely, if ever, in the server.

I really think we should make effort for these minimum so that it would be easier just to start one up with little to no previous effort. Just my opinion, I don't mind if you disagree.

NEEDS MOAR TOURNEY IDEAS.

yeah N8 but we need to get official tourneys goign as well XD lol those were fun and hmm...

Tourney Ideas
---------------
theres:
Mono-type
Mono color
mono habitat
the letter one
regular round robin
metronome
Smeargle XD
theres a lot more ill think of some

I'm pretty sure what this is about was the discussions on the server Friday. Trying to think of quick tournament ideas besides standard OU. The point is NOT to make a big deal out of it with scoreboards, prizes, official dates, times, etc.

[b]State Teams[/b]: Build a team with Pokemon that have parallels with animals, cultures, locations, etc. of the state you live in (country if you don't live in the USA).

Take Arizona for example. I could use Xatu because it has elements of a Kachina doll, Ninjask is a cicada which are insects commonly found in Arizona, and Sandslash is similar to an armadillo which is also common to the state. So long as you can justify that it has some connection to your state's culture, go for it.

Theme Tourney: pick a theme and use it. For ex.

-unusual Evo's- pokemon that need stones or friendship or items and or trades to evolve. (politoed, alakazam, rhyperior, porygon etc)
-Eveelutions-
-christmas- delibird, stantler, abomasnow, pineco, glalie, chingling/bronzong?
-PetStore- Persian, Purugly, Granbul, Houndoom, Chatot, Pidgeot, kekleon
-Fossils- aerodactyl, omastar, cradily, relicanth, etc.
-Blades- zangoose, scyther, kabutops, Weavile, Gallade, Roserade, etc.
-Kaiju (giant movie monsters, namely the godzilla series)- Feraligatr (godzilla), Moltres (Fire Rodan), Butterfree/Beautifly (Mothra), Venomoth/Dustox (Battra), Gyarados (Manda), Muk (The Smog Monster), Crawdaunt (the sea monster), Torkoal (Gamera), Scyther (kamacuras, the giant praying mantis), Ariados (Kumonga, the giant tarantula), Primeape (king kong)
-Classy- Honchkrow, Gardevoir, Empoleon, Persian, Roserade, Jynx (rofl, not really)
-In game gifts- shuckle, evee, togepi line, blissey line, dragonite, Hitmonlee, hitmonchan.

Whatever else you come up with.