Gen 3 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

i just wanted to share this version of roserade that probably won't make it because there's a few issues with it, like outline stuff and etc.

also i think i can do better

but if jan likes this one, i have no problem

eca6ce40cfc74550bcc7e4079223572a.png

yes it is based on rosemon

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers
17 hours ago, Arkiel said:

Here come aron and it shiny armor 

Actualy i did two so tell me the one you like more to do the back sprite 

(i had a problem with mega, for some reason it say that i had download x amount of gb and reach my limit and to wait x time, when i wait the time is the same only the numbers changes don't know why)

Reveal hidden contents

304.png305.png306.png306_1.png

or

Hide contents

304b.png305b.png306_1b.png306b.png

yes both are inspired on giratina colors cuz both seems to wear samurai like armor xd

Also for the bannete line, if you prefer the other one i don't mind is your game after all 

Edit:

Almost forgot, where are my manners

Thanks @DreamblitzX for the back sprites ^^

I like the Gold/Red more, but I think the body needs a little more change. Just like how you changed the first iteration. 

14 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Ok, so here's update on my progress. I did Groudon, trying my best to work on the backsprite, but I have a hard time. If anyone would like to help me on that, that'd be great. So, I'll leave the backsprite for now and will start working on the design for Primal Groudon. In the meantime, enjoy shiny Groudon Jan! :D (also feedback would be great since I'm new at this)

unnamed.png

Well I will say for your first time doing something like this, it came out pretty well. I'm not sure how well that orange and green go together, though. 

I don't have any good color schemes for Groudon off-hand, but perhaps the community here may have some ideas?

6 hours ago, Siragon said:

The first shot of Torchic line. Not very satisfied with the claws, but i don't have a better idea for the moment.

And emerald flames because... because emerald flames !

255 line.png

Edit : I just saw it but about the shiny Altaria, isn't it quite near of the Reborn one ?

334s_1.png

I think the green is fine, but I think the blue may need to go. It doesn't look too nice with that kind of green. I think I'd just make the blue parts of Blaziken's body white to keep it consistent with Combusken. 

As for Altaria, it's similar, but not quite the same. If it's way too similar we'll just keep the normal white/dark black.

3 hours ago, foznkr said:

Delcatty

301a.png

301b.png

I like the colors! Approved. 

2 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Okay, sorry for the wait, but here is Wurmple and company!

Hide contents

Wurmple:

eiPI895.pngN5OItFB.png

Silcoon:
qZKfPIV.pngF2I8Zbt.png

Beautifly (Male):
JUZDHEI.pngftmUVaU.png
Female:
zwc03Sx.pngUucWqbX.png
Cascoon:
iWnPTFD.pngQQ1pXpv.png
Dustox (Male):
QrwcB6m.pnglmwqhRS.png
Female:

5TKFYRE.pngSHDPVuH.png

Alright, so I originally had a different idea for Beautifly, but it proved to be very difficult to pull off in practice, so I eventually just gave up and went with another idea, which is the one you see now. Which is partially why this line took longer then usual. (And partially because I'm lazy.) And with Dustox I decided to recycle my Togekiss idea. I like that sprite a lot, and I wanted the idea to be in the game one way or the other. (Although if my Toge-sprite wins, I'll make a new Dustox.)
This accidentally gave the whole line a sort of gold and silver contrast, which I think looks nice!

Anyways, I'll start working on the Carvanha line next, but may I also claim Numel and Camerupt? I want to do both Magma/Aqua signatures.

I think these came out really nice. Numel and Camerupt are yours.

1 hour ago, HYCROX said:

359_1.png

A black tint Absol if you want it Jan

280.png281.png282.png282_1.png

280b.png281b.png282b.png282b_1.png

The Garde Family

And Clear Skies Rayquaza (my first draft) (you may not be able to see some of the outlines, but they are there, trust me :] )

384.png

Cacturne will come SOONTM

EDIT: Proof of me claiming Rayquay and Cacturne, if you missed it (.- .-) (-. -.)

55c3311750b3c2cec5684e7fd4b0592c.png

And sand camo cacti:

331.png332.png(buoy)332f.png(grill)

The Gardevoir line is really nice. Great job! As for Rayquaza, I like the idea. I think it's pretty cool. Here are a few adjustments:

rTpuWCu.png

Finally, Cacturne... hm. It's not that it's bad, it's just too easy of an idea to go for with Cacnea. Not to mention that it's a little similar to its original shiny.

which is what I would like to stay away from. Perhaps instead of going sandy Cacnea, Cacturne, you go for a dark green?

1 hour ago, KmK said:

So, I made the mega a bit different, but I think I can get away with it... cause its a mega

And I made two different versions (I had one thing in mind and changed it halfway. Decided to just post them both)

Mega swampert.pngMega swampert B.png

Mega swampert 1.pngMega swampert B 1.png

Also, Jan, do you have the rest of the mudkip line complete now? I did post all of them a while ago, but I'm not sure if you got them and if they're all allright now?

And, if these are alright, I'd like to claim plusle/minun as well and, yes, I'm counting them as one line...

These are REALLY good. Swampert line is 100% done, friend. You are free to work on Plusle and Minun. 

1 hour ago, MakaTorracat said:

Update on my claims: Been really busy lately, but they will get done :D

No rush! Thanks for the update!

28 minutes ago, Atticus said:

i just wanted to share this version of roserade that probably won't make it because there's a few issues with it, like outline stuff and etc.

also i think i can do better

but if jan likes this one, i have no problem

eca6ce40cfc74550bcc7e4079223572a.png

yes it is based on rosemon

If you can do better then you should probably redo one from scratch. 

Once again, I had two ideas in my head

I can't decide which one I like more...

I tried to go for green smog/purple poison?

Just pick your favourite!

Torkoal 1.pngTorkoal B 1.png

Torkoal.pngTorkoal B.png

Out of curiousity: which one of the mega swampert did you choose, Jan?

And if these are approved, I'm claiming spinda next.

OK I AM DUMB

i finished editting roserade's line sprites (which are 10, since roselia and roserade have gender differences), then i checked rejuvenation's graphics folder and i realized...

I EDITTED THE WRONG SPRITES

Spoiler

5qjIi8t.jpg

I WAS SUPPOSED TO EDIT THESE:

Spr 5b 406.pngMale

NOT THESE:

Spr 4p 406.pngMale

anyway, roselia's sprites are all right, which is all that matters for now.

tAIdTLq.pngBjCVmFJ.png (male)

OT7K3jA.png13kSIhf.png (female)

i'll fix roserade and budew on gen 4

roserade:

bc2547e0ed464c8e812e61684df8516b.png

Edited by Atticus

Alright, so I was thinking about ways to make that Mega-Altaria sprite more interesting. But then I went way off track and made... this:

8RZn6xe.png

I thought cotton candy Altaria looked kind of funny, so I felt like sharing. But anyways, this was just for fun.

Edited by Korvpizza

332.png

h e  i s  f o l l o w i n g  y o u

Just a first draft, it might be a bit rough rn, but I can change it

Also I made a Duskull and Dusclops just for fun, here:

355.png356.png

Edited by HYCROX

• Global Mods
31 minutes ago, Korvpizza said:

Alright, so I was thinking about ways to make that Mega-Altaria sprite more interesting. But then I went way off track and made... this:

8RZn6xe.png

I thought cotton candy Altaria looked kind of funny, so I felt like sharing. But anyways, this was just for fun.

Lol I had the same Idea, you just beat me to uploading. Here's mine, but I think yours looks better so with your permission I'll use that to make matching normal, swablu and backsprites if Jan likes the idea. I also thought the mega could either have sprinkles or a rainbow tail (tried to make a sprinkles one, its smaller because I forgot to put it back into the 2x2 resolution)

333sp.png334sp.png

334_1spb.png334_1sps.png

Just now, Korvpizza said:

8RZn6xe.png

I really like this one!

It's different and still fits Altaria

And who doesn't like Cotton Candy, amirite?

But I think it would look better if this grayish-brown color was white or a light yellow;;;

Just my opinion tho

Just now, HYCROX said:

332.png

355.png356.png

About Cacturne, this shade of green is one of my favorites tbh

But the spikes/hat aren't highlighting from the body. Maybe you could try to lighten the body, so the spikes/hat can be a bit darker than the rest.

I think the green on the eye is super saturated for the rest of the body, maybe try a less saturated green? Also the eyes have 2 gray dots, I think they aren't supposed to be there.

Oh, and some of the outline is lighter than the body, take care with that.

And I really like this Duskull/Dusclops!

I'm not Jan, but I decided to give a little of my opinion on some sprites here to help out a little :^)

10 minutes ago, Atticus said:

About Cacturne, this shade of green is one of my favorites tbh

But the spikes/hat aren't highlighting from the body. Maybe you could try to lighten the body, so the spikes/hat can be a bit darker than the rest.

I think the green on the eye is super saturated for the rest of the body, maybe try a less saturated green? Also the eyes have 2 gray dots, I think they aren't supposed to be there.

Oh, and some of the outline is lighter than the body, take care with that.

And I really like this Duskull/Dusclops!

I'm not Jan, but I decided to give a little of my opinion on some sprites here to help out a little :^)

Thanks man :^]  I just made the eyes more saturated to give it that feel of twinkling mischievous eyes in the dark, but it was, indeed, too saturated (it was on max and I didn't realize it lawl)

That being said, Here's cactus 2.0 (feat. Atticus's constructive criticism):

332.png

Edited by HYCROX

Just now, DreamblitzX said:

Lol I had the same Idea, you just beat me to uploading. Here's mine, but I think yours looks better so with your permission I'll use that to make matching normal, swablu and backsprites if Jan likes the idea. I also thought the mega could either have sprinkles or a rainbow tail (tried to make a sprinkles one, its smaller because I forgot to put it back into the 2x2 resolution)

333sp.png334sp.png

334_1spb.png334_1sps.png

Maybe you two could try to fuse both Altarias!

I think Korv's (cute nickname because we're very close) clouds are prettier, and this sprinkles idea is super cool

About the rainbow tail: I think it would only fit well if the sprinkles were also rainbow colored, if they aren't, maybe you could try making a gradient with the colors you chose for the sprinkles

Just now, HYCROX said:

Thanks man :^]  I just made the eyes more saturated to give it that feel of twinkling mischievous eyes in the dark, but it was, indeed, too saturated (it was on max and I didn't realize it lawl)

That being said, Here's cactus 2.0 (feat. Atticus's constructive criticism):

332.png

Spoiler

3LfS7Y5.jpg

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

I really like this one!

It's different and still fits Altaria

And who doesn't like Cotton Candy, amirite?

But I think it would look better if this grayish-brown color was white or a light yellow;;;

Just my opinion tho

Thank you! :3 Also, cotton candy is really weird but I love it. (Also my favorite Pokemon's pre-evolution is based on cotton candy, so that's nice.)
And I actually experimented with both white and yellow, but it ended up looking very similar to regular Altaria and the canon shiny respectively.
(Also, Korv was a nickname I had on another Pokemon forum. Oh no, you've found my hidden identity!)

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

333sp.png334sp.png

334_1spb.png334_1sps.png

If you want to, then go for it. Or you could go with Atticus's idea and do a combination of both. Also, while the sprinkles do look nice, I personally think that they look a little too silly for a dragon-type. That's just me though. (Hell, if Game Freak considers a palm tree to be a dragon then who am I to judge.)

@Alex: Looks like you posted this while I was writing this post. I just wanted to say that I think you're Barboach and Whiscash sprites look very pretty!

Edited by Korvpizza

One idea that I think can work for Groudon is looking into its primal form.  By that, I mean going with a basic version of the primal form.  Like this, for Kyogre!  As for their Primal forms, you can probably just use the colors of their regular forms, or even use Primal Dialga's colors to make their primal forms even more primitive.

Sorry it took me so long to make Kyogre, school and work have kept me busy all week.  Because of that, I might not be able to do the back sides of both forms.  I can still try to do Primal Kyogre as best as I can, but I might not be able to say the same about the back sprites at the moment.

382s.png

Hey guys. So Jan wants to hear thoughts on the shiny Groudon. While waiting for the comments, I'm presenting you my idea for Primal Groudon. I knew how to do the outer part but I'm stuck with the flames. If someone wants to suggest me colors or how to do it, that'd be great. So, here's my idea for Primal Groudon. I want to keep the grey parts though and the claws the way they are.

unnamed-1.png

10 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

Hey guys. So Jan wants to hear thoughts on the shiny Groudon. While waiting for the comments, I'm presenting you my idea for Primal Groudon. I knew how to do the outer part but I'm stuck with the flames. If someone wants to suggest me colors or how to do it, that'd be great. So, here's my idea for Primal Groudon. I want to keep the grey parts though and the claws the way they are.

unnamed-1.png

That blood-red really doesn't balance with any of the other colors, so either the oranges around it need to be darker gradients of red (preferably angled slightly towards orange as they get lighter) or make the blood-red a brighter yellow-orange and leave the other orange shades as they are.

• Developers
10 hours ago, KmK said:

Once again, I had two ideas in my head

I can't decide which one I like more...

I tried to go for green smog/purple poison?

Just pick your favourite!

Torkoal 1.pngTorkoal B 1.png

Torkoal.pngTorkoal B.png

Out of curiousity: which one of the mega swampert did you choose, Jan?

And if these are approved, I'm claiming spinda next.

Not sure how I feel about these colors. They don't really go well with each other. The gold shell can stay, but the purple and green are probably too bright.

10 hours ago, Atticus said:

OK I AM DUMB

i finished editting roserade's line sprites (which are 10, since roselia and roserade have gender differences), then i checked rejuvenation's graphics folder and i realized...

I EDITTED THE WRONG SPRITES

Reveal hidden contents

5qjIi8t.jpg

I WAS SUPPOSED TO EDIT THESE:

Spr 5b 406.pngMale

NOT THESE:

Spr 4p 406.pngMale

anyway, roselia's sprites are all right, which is all that matters for now.

tAIdTLq.pngBjCVmFJ.png (male)

OT7K3jA.png13kSIhf.png (female)

i'll fix roserade and budew on gen 4

roserade:

bc2547e0ed464c8e812e61684df8516b.png

Approved! I like the colors a lot.

9 hours ago, HYCROX said:

332.png

355.png356.png

Eh... Not sure how I feel about Duskull. It just looks Inverted. 

I forgot to quote the improved Cacturne (The one after this post) so I'm just gonna say that it looks really cool! All I need are the rest and you're good to go. 

9 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

333sp.png334sp.png

334_1spb.png334_1sps.png

This looks pretty good now! All I need are backsprites. Also I'll be using the one without sprinkles.

9 hours ago, ycoder321 said:

did the mega 

310_1.png

Wait, did you post the backsprites for Manectric or did I miss them. Either way this is looking good.

8 hours ago, Felcatty said:

Hi, I'm new to the whole spriting topic, so I was wondering if I could try my hands at Luvdisc, it might not be any good but I'd love to learn some new skills in the process.

We're all here to help! Luvdisc is yours!

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Barboach and Whiscash are hereeeee

Barboach:

339s.png339sb.png

Whiscash:

340s.png340sb.png

Really pretty! i like how this one came out. 

8 hours ago, foznkr said:

chimecho

358.png

358b.png

I think the brighter purple needs to be a bit brighter. It's contrasting pretty hard with the dark purple so it's a little hard to see. 

7 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

357s.png

357sb.png

360s.png

360sb.png

Approved~

4 hours ago, Trevore said:

One idea that I think can work for Groudon is looking into its primal form.  By that, I mean going with a basic version of the primal form.  Like this, for Kyogre!  As for their Primal forms, you can probably just use the colors of their regular forms, or even use Primal Dialga's colors to make their primal forms even more primitive.

Sorry it took me so long to make Kyogre, school and work have kept me busy all week.  Because of that, I might not be able to do the back sides of both forms.  I can still try to do Primal Kyogre as best as I can, but I might not be able to say the same about the back sprites at the moment.

382s.png

This looks pretty cool. I like it. If you can't do the backsprites I'm sure someone will take them off your hands. Or me if no one else wants to :[

4 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

unnamed-1.png

I actually like this green you chose. Perhaps use it on regular groudon? 

Also yeah, basically what Bazaro said about the red here. 

Thanks. Well since Luvdisc is pretty pathetic (the worst), I tried to make it as appealing as possible. I made two simple designs. Would love critical feedback :)

370s.png370bs.png370s_2.png370bs_2.png

I've made a green design as well if blue is too generic

370s 1.5.png370bs1.5.png370s_2.6.png370bs_1.5.png

Edited by Felcatty