Help with Team

PrettyGood

Another one of those genwunners who decided to give this game a try.  I am doing pretty good but having trouble building the best team I can make.

Here's the squad...

Swampert (calm) Lvl 56---Starter

(Torrent)

Earthquake

Muddy Water

Protect

Rock Slide

Arcanine (serious) Lvl 58---Would like to keep him since I am an honorary member of the police force

(Flash Fire)

Extreme Speed

Flare Blitz

Crunch

Close Combat

Medicham (naughty) Lvl 59---Also want to keep her because of my time at the beach

(Huge Power)

Zen Headbutt

High Jump Kick

Thunder Punch

Recover

Sylveon (bold) Lvl 57---Been good for the team but not super attached to her

(Pixilate)

Moon Blast

Draining Kiss

Quick Attack

Covet

Excadrill (docile) Lvl 57---Got him from the police egg and i really like him.  Hes a beast and i really want to keep him

(Mold Breaker)

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Shadow Claw

Metal Claw

Biggest problems i have are having nothing for water types, so thinking of training an electric or grass type.  6th spot has been for random guys I train up for certain battles or HM slaves.  Swampert has been an OK starter for me but i cant help but think I could replace him with something better?

Any help appreciated with move sets, or replacements..Thanks!

Overall the members you have listed here are very good. As far as water types go, swampert is one of the better ones you can get in game at this point, so I wouldn't worry about swapping him out at this point. If you are to train a electric type, I'd suggest either magnezone or ampharos. Magnezone/magneton works as a phazer with thunder wave and has some excellent moves to back up his crazy special attack stat. Ampharos slower and more of a tank, but it still hits really hard. It also gets a number of coverage moves that Magnezone/magneton does not get. I analytic and sturdy are two very good abilities that go with magnezone as well. As far as grass types go, contrary Serperior is an overpowered beast, but I haven't used it myself. If you don't want to trade for one, I'd probably suggest a lilligant as another option for a grass type.

Also, don't be afraid of training a couple of extra pokemon to put in rotation. They give you a lot more options and it can really help to switch around teams a bit if you get stuck.

Good Luck!

I can trade u Chesnaught or Meganium for water type issues

4 hours ago, PrettyGood said:

Another one of those genwunners who decided to give this game a try.  I am doing pretty good but having trouble building the best team I can make.

Here's the squad...

Swampert (calm) Lvl 56---Starter

(Torrent)

Earthquake

Muddy Water

Protect

Rock Slide

Arcanine (serious) Lvl 58---Would like to keep him since I am an honorary member of the police force

(Flash Fire)

Extreme Speed

Flare Blitz

Crunch

Close Combat

Medicham (naughty) Lvl 59---Also want to keep her because of my time at the beach

(Huge Power)

Zen Headbutt

High Jump Kick

Thunder Punch

Recover

Sylveon (bold) Lvl 57---Been good for the team but not super attached to her

(Pixilate)

Moon Blast

Draining Kiss

Quick Attack

Covet

Excadrill (docile) Lvl 57---Got him from the police egg and i really like him.  Hes a beast and i really want to keep him

(Mold Breaker)

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Shadow Claw

Metal Claw

Biggest problems i have are having nothing for water types, so thinking of training an electric or grass type.  6th spot has been for random guys I train up for certain battles or HM slaves.  Swampert has been an OK starter for me but i cant help but think I could replace him with something better?

Any help appreciated with move sets, or replacements..Thanks!