Getting great IVs

mayo slayer

I'm not entirely sure if this is the place for this, but I'm completely new to this site so go easy on me! 

I am just starting to breed for a competitive team, and one question I've failed to find answered is "Are online battles held at level 100 or level 50?"

I know usually competitive is held at 50 but I've read random things about level 100 as well. The reason I ask is because if we battle at level 50, would it matter if I had a 30 IV instead of 31? Seeing as the difference of 30 to 31 only shows up at level 100. I plan on doing all sorts of EV training and what not, so I'd like to save time where I can! Or maybe it's a possibility that you just show up with the levels you have? I really have no idea.

Thanks for reading! 

Edited by mayo slayer

You can search in Bulbapedia about how stats are calculated. 30-31 IV are pretty much the same, but not exactly (maybe in earlier lvls you won't see a difference in stats, but the higher the lvl, the more noticeable it is).

As far as competitive goes, a couple stat points could mean the difference between winning and losing (specially in speed, if your opponent's sweeper is at least 1pt higher than your sweeper's speed, you might get OHKO instead of him due to attacking first).

2 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

For me online battles are at lv100, and at lv50 30 and 31 are the same.

Great! Thank you for the reply. Now I'll feel okay going for that extra 1 IV.

2 hours ago, Maltor said:

You can search in Bulbapedia about how stats are calculated. 30-31 IV are pretty much the same, but not exactly (maybe in earlier lvls you won't see a difference in stats, but the higher the lvl, the more noticeable it is).

As far as competitive goes, a couple stat points could mean the difference between winning and losing (specially in speed, if your opponent's sweeper is at least 1pt higher than your sweeper's speed, you might get OHKO instead of him due to attacking first).

That's okay! I'm all for going for an all around 31 IV poke. Just wanted to make sure the extra effort was in vain. Thanks for the reply!