Maelstrom

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, 5hift said:

I have most of the units needed to make a Quadsuna but I'm still not sure if its a worth investment.

More or less if you need a mage killer she's good. Qaudsuna basically is most comparable to Kagero for the role she fulfills in that she takes down squishy mages or low defense melee units. ((or fliers that aren't Gronnraven Camilla, who you'll probably only see on flappy emblem teams. Well... mostly likely.)) She deals with a wider array of things than Kagero as she can combat horse units with low defense. Basically if you need an assassin and you don't need the skill elsewhere go for it. ((I'm only really making one though cause Setsuna is one of my favourite characters lel.))

2 hours ago, Fabled Asian said:

Out of my ignorance, is there something Setsuna can do that other bows cannot with the build provided? Is it her Speed?

Yeah I think she might have the highest speed stat of all the archers but that obviously depends on IVs.

Before skill inheritance, she was kind of like a budget M-Robin for people who didn't have him since her kit was geared towards countering dagger-users and other archers.

But her attack has always been her downfall considering she always has difficulty taking down enemies with 25+ defense.

>Flier Emblem

Unless you basically run more than on Bunny Camilla, Takumi just eats them whole. Minerva eats lances for breakfast as well. Seriously, Takumi is only afraid of brave weapons as I tend to use him as a mage/flier killer (since vengence is an insane skill on him).

Anyways 3 new gripes with the new update right now:

-Arena rewards are gone (if it's just today then I lost 1 orb and I'm okay, but Imma pissed if they got rid of this entirely)

-Limit to 2,000 feathers per hero for hero merit (like seriously wtf. There is no reason to do this as you get 2.5 points for KOing lv 40 enemies anyways. It's so little the limit doesn't matter)

-Sacred Seals are...interesting. It's basically RD's equip Skill feature so it's an interesting bonus.

Kind of mad that we may have lost our very shallow way of gaining income with orbs daily. Maybe I'm wrong and this is a one day thing, but if it's not well, I could see problems down the line. For me personally, my army is great and all I'd really need is some feathers for Robin and Cordelia and I'd have a good army member of all types. I just feel bad for newcomers or anyone who wants to hop on. I still think Heroes is an enjoyable game (hell, that Zephiel Hero battle is gonna be fun and so worth getting him), but we'll see what they're doing in the coming weeks. Nothing super impressive so far.

4 Colorless and 1 Green

Oh boy I love having the chance of pulling Kagero, but pulling Saizo instead w/ Wyrs, Lissa, Niles

and yet after all that I pulled Easter Camilla, in the back of my head I knew I was overdue for a 5* and it was probably going to be her, but I'm honestly mixed atm. I already invested in making Robin powerful. Now I gotta decide again, and I don't have another Roy to burn.

Spoiler

+HP -Spd ... Marvelous, maybe we'll get a Green Brave tome one day

Edited by Fabled Asian

Everyone's using their orbs on the Spring Event, and I'm just here waiting for the machine that will give us Sacred Stones character.

Using other games like this as a model, chances are we won't be seeing a steady supply of orbs for a bit. The one game i can compare this to usually has a week where you can get orbs by logging on or completing easy dungeons, then goes dark for a small bit of time. If Heroes did that, it would diffidently cut off the easy supply we are used to, but would still give you enough to encourage daily playing. That's the tricky part. You never know when another orb event will come about, so you log on every day... Face it, we're addicts... Or we just enjoy the game. Either or.

Ninety nine stamina isn't anything to stub your nose at either.

Edit: God, trying to get those five orbs from a two star Cecilia was a pain in the neck. Maybe I was stubborn for not trying to get that three star they give you, but that's not something I want to ever do again.

tfw you already have a level 40 Niles and level 34 Stahl/Cecilia because Niles was your first archer and Horse Emblem is your passion

on a related note, that Subaki Seal quest is gonna be such a pain......

I got literally 100% trash from the orbs today. barst, bartre, if its crap and green, I got it.

Part of me is glad I have a four star Subaki, which might make his quest a little easier, but still, this won't be fun.

I have 60 orbs after I realized I forgot to do a few of the hard mode story quests, and am starting to wonder if I should upgrade my castle a bit. I think I only have two upgrades now, and it's pretty obvious that I should have gotten them earlier, but better late than never? Really just want another event to roll around so I can blow some of my orbs. I have no interest in the fan service bunny machine, so that's off the table.

In the future... you had to know this was coming.

Echoes pulls!

Alm - Lord/Warrior ...? (Swords)

- Probably gonna be rocking the Valentian Falchion at 5*, so hide your Tikis, Faes, Nowis, and Lady Corrins.

- Reportedly has Dragon Gaze, so might have Aura.

Lukas - Lancer Warrior

Faye - Bow user

Claire - Pegasus Knight (Lances)

---

Noteworthy omission - Celica.

---

The plan is probably to release these four units at the time of the Japan release.

These four units should be in Alm's army.

Celica and three of her troops should be a banner in May for the international release of SoV.

If you saved your orbs for new characters. You were smart.

2 hours ago, Chase said:

Echoes pulls!

Claire - Pegasus Knight (Lances)

When you don't even know if she's best girl but Nintendo forces you to choose whether or not to roll for her before you have an opportunity to find out. :(

So some dataminers have found new skills and posted them on the subreddit. One's probably an A skill, name of "fortress defense". +up to 5 defense, -3 attack. Second is probably a B skill, called "hit and run" it seems to be a movement-based B skill like Lunge, that moves you forward 1 space. we're kinda unsure on that though, idk how it works for melee.

The new weapon and the other B skill are the kickers, though. Flamesweep Bow and the Windsweep skill remove the possibility for follow-up attacks, but in return, if your outspeed the target and they aren't a mage, it prevents counterattacks. 'scuse me while I go hug my QR Ephraim and future vantage Xander and go cry in a corner.

• Support Squad

Oh hi 5* Lucas, buddy, new unit, who said I blew all my orbs on the spring event when I get you from my first pull of 3.

Now I've got genuine teams I don't feel so bad for impatiently wasting orbs before twenty, it's not like I need every unit ever.

I -also- got a 5 star Lukas on my second roll of the banner! (I knew I liked this guy's design when he was revealed.)

He comes with a very defensive oriented build. His Killer Lances are occumpanied by the Sacred Cowl procs, which boosts his defense by 30 percent against Archers and Mages up to every third move (second with KL).

His skills continue the theme of "wall with pointy stick."

Fortress Def will always cost Lukas 3 points of HP, but will increasingly bolster Lukas' physical defense depending on proficiency rank.

Obstruct is the opposite of Pass. Lukas, at decreasing levels of hitpoints remaining, prevents enemies from traveling on adjacent spaces (let alone through Lukas!). This is a good skill to give to an armored unit if you roll more than one of these guys. Especially for upcoming defense maps!

---

Next I'll be rolling for Clair, then Faye, and then Alm.

Clair is just a cool snooty noble character. She also is a blue unit. Meaning I could roll another Lukas for Obstruct-Effie...or Azura.... one can hope

I like Faye's bow - and Kagero, Sakura, and Elise... and Takumi.....

---

I need this new 3DS game now, Nintendo. MY BODY. IS READY.

• Support Squad

That bow looks like it was intended to work against the various "counterattack from x range" units as much as other ranged units, which when used with Lucas might work out very well pending on her final stats. If her speed or attack is lacking then maybe rebecca or another forgotten archer might benefit more from inheriting it.

Also my Lucas started out with a colossal amount of attack for a level 1 unit, as far as i can tell, with 21 ready to go, makes me wonder if maybe trying to build him more offensively would make a beefy ass fighter that does better than Wallpoke.

EDIT: witht the iv calc not adjusted to the new units i've instead glanced at my other lvl 1 5*s, adjusting for weapons he may just have a +attack iv set as he matches my +attack cordelia

Ok, my Lukas is +HP, -Atk

Thats not completely awful considering Fortress Def will not take too much HP from a beefy Lukas (and the HP+3 Seal negates the payment).

I think the optimal Lukas is +Def,-Speed.

This is because if he is doubled more often he can proc them skills all the time thanks to his Killer Lance, and the defensive nature of his covers him.