The Little Cup Tier

Cloud

Oh, what's this? A new tier being created at last? Yes, folks, you heard it right. Ever since Reborn's tiers were straightened out, there's always been one tier that couldn't quite catch up to be made standard and official and that tier is Little Cup. Today, I will be fixing that by spear-heading the creation of said tier!

This topic is basically for the discussion of what will be available/banned in the tier before its official unveiling. Shown below will be what is banned in the tier and if you have any problems with what is banned or what should be banned, let it be known.

Banned Pokemon: Scyther, Murkrow, Sneasal, Misdreavous, Vulpix, Hippopotas, Snover, Gligar

Banned Moves: Sonicboom and Dragon Rage

Banned Item: Berry Juice

Initial First Suspects: Meditite, Yanma, Carvanha

This greatly appeals to me. I approve of a NFE metagame here.

Might want to throw Riolu on the ban list, because it has an easy setup to a Priority Phaze with Prankster+Copycat+Roar/CircleThrow. I've actually swept OU teams with it, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Ame requested before I posted that one of them be removed so I have done so.

This greatly appeals to me. I approve of a NFE metagame here.

Might want to throw Riolu on the ban list, because it has an easy setup to a Priority Phaze with Prankster+Copycat+Roar/CircleThrow. I've actually swept OU teams with it, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Riolu will probably among the first test, along with Scraggy. Good thinking, it's devastating, but easily walled by Natu and other Prankster users.

I shall support your efforts from the sidelines, as I know little about cups. But good luck with testing and stuff.

i see what you did there

Just so everyone knows an update... when we initially test, these will be the bans and the initial suspects. There will be threads opened for all of you to discuss the current suspects. This tiering was a combination of taking into account Reborn's outlook to have open tiering and a combination of preliminary testing done by Kiozo and I and agreed upon by Kiozo, me and Cloud

Banned Pokemon: Scyther, Murkrow, Sneasal, Misdreavous, Vulpix, Hippopotas, Snover, Gligar (most of those are on higher tiers anyways)

Banned Moves: Sonicboom and Dragon Rage

Banned Item: Berry Juice

Probably initial Suspects: Meditite, Yanma, Carvanha (could be changed at implementation but we will update)

To be honest, why even put bans before the tier is even up all the way? You should let the metagame sort itself out. If these things still warrant a ban after the fact, then they get banned.

To be honest, why even put bans before the tier is even up all the way? You should let the metagame sort itself out. If these things still warrant a ban after the fact, then they get banned.

It's unnecessary to unban obviously bannable things. Most things on the initial banlist should be banned anyway, but there are certain ones that we'd like to individually test because they could go either way. Some can't.

Well, we need to start somewhere and scyther, sneasal, murkrow and misdreavos are all very LC uber pokemon. The weather pokemon are banned from LC due to a discussion with ame and how they are in higher tiers in the normal metagame. Gligar is also a pokemon that is in a higher tier and is one that we are going to start with being banned. This is not saying that there is no chance of them being suspected. As I said, this is the starting point for the tier and is probably closest to the final form.

One good comparison is that when the 5th generation came out... its not like all of the uber pokemon were suddently suspected. There is for the most part a partly well-defined LC tier and we looked at it to decide how we were going to start off.

If kiozo or cloud have anything to add about this, please do. I apologize for being bad at explanations

Reborn's main tiers are leninet. Yes. But for something like this, I'd much rather put trust in those people who actually have experience with the tier itself. Why? Simple. They've played it more. They have more knowlege of that metagame. I got no qualms with that.

• 1 month later...