Lucky? Or...

DJ_Zapple

(I know; I'm new. But I felt like this might have been too much of a coincidence to leave alone...)

So I was just running around the Lower Peridot Ward, looking to expand my team in preparation for the first gym battle. (Which, at the time, I didn't realize I'd still be unable to enter until going... Somewhere else... I forgot where already...) After battling a guy who goes into an alleyway, I followed him in, and proceeded to go beat down the other trainer in it. Before I got there, though, the typical wild Pokémon encounter occurred, but then, I wound up jaw-dropping - a SHINY Poochyena. I put everything into catching it.

Was this just sheer, dumb luck on my behalf, or are shinies more common on Reborn? Whatever the case, it feels nice to have a shiny that isn't a red Gyarados that everyone and their brother has... (Even if it keeps getting it's butt kicked by virtually every Pokémon I encounter, for some reason...)

Pokémon Reborn has an increased chance of encountering shinies. I can't give you the exact number, but it is increased. So be ready for more shinies to come :)

Edit: I read somewhere that it's 1 in every 100, but that seems a bit too high to me. I can tell you I encounter quite some shinies

Edited by HongaarseBeer97

looked through some older topics that also had the same question, and the most common answer I found is a shiny chance of 700/65536, which roughly means a bit higher than 1%.

im not 100% sure this is the correct rate, but its rather likely considering how easy it is to find shinies in reborn (compared to core series at least)

As many of you, I don't know the exact rate, but later on in the game, the chance to find a shiny is highly increased because of an item. I have about a full box of shinies now because of that. Won't say where to get it, because that would just be spoiling it too much. Shiny pokemon are always cool to catch, so congratulations on catching one!

13 minutes ago, JoJoDeath said:

As many of you, I don't know the exact rate, but later on in the game, the chance to find a shiny is highly increased because of an item. I have about a full box of shinies now because of that. Won't say where to get it, because that would just be spoiling it too much. Shiny pokemon are always cool to catch, so congratulations on catching one!

Was there a shiny charm anywhere? Can you PM me where it can be found?