What level does Braixen evolve into Delphox?

RoseDeSang

Hello Pokemon Reborn Community,

I just recently started playing this game, probably a few days ago, and I went with Fennekin as my starter. My Fennekin evolved into Braixen at the correct level; however, my Braixen is level 40 and still hasn't evolved into Delphox. I'm not sure if in Pokemon Reborn the level to evolve is just really high, or if there is something special I have to do. According to Bulbapedia Braixen should evolve into Delphox at level 36. So my question is what is going on here? Do I need to do something special? Is the evolution level higher in Pokemon Reborn?

I appreciate any help you all can offer me. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Warmly,

Rose

• Developers

Sounds like a bug. Unless it's holding an Everstone of course. Evolution rules are not changed in Reborn at all as far as I know.

Post your savefile here so we can confirm it and fix it for you manually.

Edited by baldr

I'm pretty sure the starter pokemon evolve following their set evolution level. Although I haven't used the Fennekin line, I've used other lines in game and they all follow the evolution level up. Maybe it's holding an everstone? That's the only reason why it wouldn't evolve other than being a bug.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I'm pretty sure the starter pokemon evolve following their set evolution level. Although I haven't used the Fennekin line, I've used other lines in game and they all follow the evolution level up. Maybe it's holding an everstone? That's the only reason why it wouldn't evolve other than being a bug.

33 minutes ago, Animefan666 said:

I've evolved two Braixen. Both at the correct level. It's either a bug or holding an Everstone.

You both were correct. I hadn't even thought to check if he had an item. I guess he stole it from something, cause I never gave it to him. Now I have 2 Everstones. Thank you so much for helping me realize how silly of a mistake I was making. Glad to have that resolved.

43 minutes ago, baldr said:

Sounds like a bug. Unless it's holding an Everstone of course. Evolution rules are not changed in Reborn at all as far as I know.

Post your savefile here so we can confirm it and fix it for you manually.

And thank you for offering to be so helpful. As it turns out I was just being silly and didn't think to look and see if my Braixen had stolen an Everstone. I have no idea how long my Braixen has had it, obviously since before level 36. XP Either way thank you all so much!

• Developers
1 minute ago, RoseDeSang said:

As it turns out I was just being silly and didn't think to look and see if my Braixen had stolen an Everstone. I have no idea how long my Braixen has had it, obviously since before level 36. XP Either way thank you all so much!

That's weird. Stolen items are supposed to disappear in Reborn when the battle ends.

Just now, baldr said:

That's weird. Stolen items are supposed to disappear in Reborn when the battle ends.

That's the only explanation I can think of. I should haven't 2 Everstones should I? I only remember collecting one, and I only ever remember giving my Braixen a berry once, nothing else. I remember it was a poison curing berry for the poison gym, but the Skuntank incinerated it. That was the last item I ever gave my Braixen, yet somehow he ended up with an Everstone, and I remember him having stolen something, but I usually do fights in the speed up mode so I didn't catch it. I had just assumed at the time it was a berry, and never checked, then forgot that he had anything at all. XP

• Developers
2 minutes ago, RoseDeSang said:

That's the only explanation I can think of. I should haven't 2 Everstones should I? I only remember collecting one, and I only ever remember giving my Braixen a berry once, nothing else. I remember it was a poison curing berry for the poison gym, but the Skuntank incinerated it. That was the last item I ever gave my Braixen, yet somehow he ended up with an Everstone, and I remember him having stolen something, but I usually do fights in the speed up mode so I didn't catch it. I had just assumed at the time it was a berry, and never checked, then forgot that he had anything at all. XP

Hmm... I don't think the behavior changed from E15, there were good reasons to prevent permanent items stealing. So maybe it doesn't work in some cases? You don't remember when your Braixen might have stolen it by any chance?

Just now, baldr said:

Hmm... I don't think the behavior changed from E15, there were good reasons to prevent permanent items stealing. So maybe it doesn't work in some cases? You don't remember when your Braixen might have stolen it by any chance?

Honestly no. It would have been a fight after that... if I remember correctly the next place I went was... towards Shelly... so if I'm not mistaken I probably get it from under the Grand Staircase, but I can't be sure, that's more of a guess.