School... Has Changed

ShadeStrider

School... Has Changed

It's No Longer about learning, creativity, or Intelligence. It's an endless series of battles, fought by teachers and students.

School, and Its consumption of Time, has become a well oiled machine.

School... Has Changed 

Id Tagged Teachers bombard Id Tagged Students with Id Tagged material. Technology inside their classrooms enhance and regulate their "lessons".

Information Control. Internet Control. Computer Control. Cellphone Control. Everything is Monitored, and Kept under Control.

School... Has Changed

The Age of Technology has become the Age of Control. All in the name of preventing students from going outside and gaining real world experience. And he who Games the System, Goes to College.

School... Has Changed

When Technology is under total control, School becomes a waste of time.

Edited by ShadeStrider

39 minutes ago, Felix- said:

yeah, especially if they can't even teach you how to use capital letters right.

Actually, that was kind of how they wrote it in Historical Documents that I read in American History I. That was one of the 4 Classes that I actually enjoyed in my entire Middle School and High School Career. It Kinda influenced the way I write.

• Support Squad

Actual response, maybe it wasn't the education system that changed but the expectations placed on you, the school and the effort you went to to match that. Early school life all you do is dick around, act out games, make friends and have fun whilst grasping the basics of society. Then you grow up and the schools try to cultivate and refine your prior education. This gets hard to do though, especially when the government wants status reports on how everything is going. So the schools priorities change and you lose that creativity and sense of learning as they try to quantify what someone knows.

Did you go out and seek knowledge on your own though? How many times have you visited your library, cracked open a random book of factoids and learned things, strove to understand them? When was the last time you created something, wrote a story start to finish, drew or composed? How often have you tried to exert control of your own over your own mind in your own time to expand your horizons and better yourself in the way that school used to encourage you to do? Think about it, ask yourself if the answer you came up with is honest and then see if the issue persists. Then ask what you can do, what control you have over the situation. The age of control might be here, who knows. We have control over our own actions. One of the best things we can do is ask questions.

The way I see it, you really can't depend on a [public k-12] school in giving you exactly the education for what you want to do in life. That's because it wasn't ever designed to do that. The purpose of public schools to tailor to every individual. Not only is that extremely hard to do if that were the case, but also extremely un-economical and the benefits of providing [public] education that evokes the 'inspiration' and 'creativity' do not outweigh the potential costs this will have.

This is why public schools seem so systematic, so monotone, so boring. It isn't their job to give you the education of what you want to do (even then what if what you want to do changes? more cost.) Its to provide you with the information and tools necessary to survive out there in the real world when you are independent. Its so hopefully the next generation of kids wont end up under a bridge.

If you want 'inspiration' and 'creativity' find it for yourself. Enroll in a private school that is tailored to what you want to do (like a musical conservatoire, or a fancy sports campus) or work hard to be accepted into a university in which your true 'inspirations' and 'creativity' come to reality.

Remember, it is not the public's school's job to curtail to your specific needs, its job lies in making sure you are on the right path on not becoming a food stamp dependent, minimum wage working miserable old cot.

Good luck out there.

I'd say your school experience depends on what school you go to. My school system was run by slime balls more concerned about earning more money for the school, but pocketing said money for themselves instead of doing their jobs effectively. My school was ranked one of the worst schools in the state. Students had access to computers running Windows 98, the staff had Windows XP and this was around 2010. I actually enjoyed the first few years of high school, but eventually things started getting repetitive. They never even got through half of the text books. It wasn't long before the lessons ceased to challenge me. I was very patient with them as I tried to make some progress by addressing them directly, but that never panned out. By my junior year I was fed up with the way they did things. There were times when even acquiring lunch was impossible. I figured if they won't play fair, why should I? I stopped listening to them when it was necessary and it felt so damn good to finally say/do what I wanted.

School has become a place where you go to memorize rather than learn things. That goes for college, too. Too many businesses require bachelor's degrees even when they're completely unrelated to the work at hand. That forces more people into college, which in turn requires that college courses become easier to accommodate students who have no real desire to be there yet feel compelled to graduate. The result is that we've largely pruned critical thinking from the curriculum. That reduces the experience to a largely empty one, where facts go in one ear, roil around until the test is taken, then go flying out the other and dissipate, never to be considered again.