Endgame Team Building

Gyashoe

Hey guys :) so, my buddy and I finished the main story up to now (loved it btw, keep up the great work, Ame! Though I did almost ragequit once at the Pulse Tangrowth...). I'm probably gonna try making/breeding a good team now and after a lot of theorycrafting on Showdown and comparing things to see I can get all the moves in Reborn, I came up with this team (not intended for PVP as is, just story. Though I could make a few modifications of course and put Online Battle friendly moves on a lot of these):

Watcher (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- U-turn  
- Fake Out  
- Knock Off  

Derpina (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD  
Calm Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Calm Mind  
- Moonblast  
- Flamethrower  
- Stored Power  

Ruby (Starmie) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Surf  
- Psychic  
- Power Gem  
- Reflect Type  

Foecarona (Venomoth) (F) @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Tinted Lens  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Quiver Dance  
- Bug Buzz  
- Sleep Powder  
- Baton Pass  

Rambo (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt  
Ability: Motor Drive  
Jolly Nature  
- Cross Chop  
- Wild Charge  
- Ice Punch  
- Fire Punch  

obbyatripl (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Adaptability  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Tri Attack  
- Dark Pulse  
- Thunderbolt  
- Trick  

---------------------------------------------------

The idea behind this team is just a very versatile offensive utility set.

- Mienshao because he's one of the few mons that gets U-Turn/Volt Switch by nature and he fits better in this team than Helioptile, so he's my hard hitting physical attacker and resident U-Turn/Regenerator pivot/lead.

- Electivire because coverage monstrosity and since this team has no ground type, a Motor Drive is very appreciated.

- Venomoth is the ultimate support for this team. The idea is to invest in HP and speed to try and put things to sleep/live a hit or two then spam quiver dance and either start buzzing with a Tined Lens Bug Buzz or use Baton Pass to an appropriate teammate. Luckily, this team is designed to have at least 3 other options for very strong quiver pass abusers, such as...

- Starmie! Another very solid choice to pass those quiver dances to, with 3 strong coverage moves and reflect type combined with its defensive investments to avoid the sweep coming to a premature end via any STAB dark moves or such. And just in general, this I really like using defensive Starmie on Showdown due to access to Natural Cure which should come in quite handy here in Reborn as well + it's the team's designated anti-fire mon and general bulky water type.

- Clefable!! Passing even just one or two quiver dances to clefable should really help it get going and start spamming Moonblasts and Stored Powers on unsuspecting foes. Flamethrower is there for steel coverage and general fire move coverage on this team, since I don't see the point in using things like Moonlight/Soft-boiled when I can just use potions.

Porygon-Z!!! Probably the ultimate target you wanna pass some quiver dances to on this team. With Adaptability, Choice Specs and 1 or 2 Quiver Dances combined with max SpA investment... I can't imagine too many things will love taking a Tri Attack from this thing. The only things that could probably stop good ol' Porygon-Z from sweeping once its locked into Tri Attack is a ghost, rock or steel type switch in. But with enough quiver boosts, maybe even just a ghost, which aren't all that common. Plus, the team has a few ways of dealing with those threats if it has to, namely Mienshao and Electivire.

So, what do y'all think? Any suggestions for improvements are very welcome! Even switching out certain mons, because I'm just at theorycrafting now and haven't really started breeding any of these yet.

So, after a lot of theory crafting I modified this to a slightly better version of itself. I had to switch out Starmie because I can't actually get one and I ended up swapping Porygon for Espeon, because I noticed my Porygon Z had absolute trash IVs and also I really like Espeon :P. Fills the same role though. As for fire, I might replace Specs Espeon with Specs Typhlosion tbh since I DID get a perfect IV Cyndaquil from Wonder Trading with another breeder, but I'll think about that tomorrow. I don't think I need a fire mon that badly tbh. Anyway, here's the upgraded version of this team:

Artemis (Mienshao) (F) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Regenerator  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- U-turn  
- Fake Out  
- Knock Off  

Eros (Clefable) (M) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Cosmic Power  
- Moonblast  
- Flamethrower  
- Stored Power  

Hera (Venomoth) (F) @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Tinted Lens  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Quiver Dance  
- Bug Buzz  
- Sleep Powder  
- Baton Pass  

Zeus (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt  
Ability: Motor Drive  
Jolly Nature  
- Cross Chop  
- Wild Charge  
- Ice Punch  
- Fire Punch  

Aphrodite (Milotic) @ Amplified Rock
Ability: Marvel Scale  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Hydro Pump  
- Mist  
- Coil / Aqua Ring?
- Toxic * NEVER MIND, I forgot everyone's immune to status in Mist. Welp. Uhh... idk, Confuse Ray? Does that still work? Sweet Kiss apparently works so this should too, right? Otherwise I guess Wrap.

Athena (Espeon) (F) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Psychic  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Signal Beam  
- Trick 

The idea behind the Milotic set is just ultimate bulky water type. Summoning Misty Field via Mist allows Milotic to immediately activate Marvel Scale while actually being immune to status, then I can easily just stay in with Milo and stall like crazy with the massive defenses and toxic, also either coil for the +defense and hydro pump accuracy boost or maybe aqua ring for the boosted passive recovery in mist. But again, since this isn't meant for online play I think I can get away with just recovery via potions right? But anyway, the main idea for this Milotic set is for Clefable to use the terrain to get massive Cosmic Power procs to get bulky AF then spam Stored Power/Powered up Moonblasts. These 2 should be super strong together in double battles tbh.

Edited by Gyashoe
Mistakes were made.