Question about speed of pokemon

Atexx92

So I managed to get a jolly archeops and hes currently at level 70, and i was grinding the circus clown to get easy exp.  I fought a level 65 archeops and 65 mienshao and they were both able to make a move before my jolly archeops thats 5 levels ahead of them.  How does this make any sense?  Especially with mienshao where it has a lower base speed - am I missing something here?  I have noticed the same thing with noivern, he has a higher base speed and is at a higher level with very high speed but pokemon with lower base speed still move first.

Just noticed this is in the wrong forum - can't delete the post, so yeah.

Edited by Atexx92

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

EVs and IVs go a long way.

Alex said everything: If your Archeops is not running proper EVs and IVs, it's kinda "pointless" to have a Jolly nature.

Edited by HUEnd

so that basically means that every trainer in the game has pokemon with perfect ev's, iv's, and natures - on top of them having access to what seems like every tm.  To me, those are the only reasons this game is hard.. every trainer is apparently a godly trainer like Red and knows everything while training their pokemon perfectly in every aspect and having access to amazing items and tms.  

16 minutes ago, Atexx92 said:

so that basically means that every trainer in the game has pokemon with perfect ev's, iv's, and natures - on top of them having access to what seems like every tm.  To me, those are the only reasons this game is hard.. every trainer is apparently a godly trainer like Red and knows everything while training their pokemon perfectly in every aspect and having access to amazing items and tms.  

Not every Trainer. The circus clown has superior sets to be difficult due to the reward of shards, money, and exp. Other trainers that would have good EVs/nature are later gym leaders and bosses.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not every Trainer. The circus clown has superior sets to be difficult due to the reward of shards, money, and exp. Other trainers that would have good EVs/nature are later gym leaders and bosses.

This also applies for the repeteable trainer battles on Opal Ward. Some also uses Mega evolutions, so you should stay wary about those too.

8 hours ago, Atexx92 said:

To me, those are the only reasons this game is hard.. every trainer is apparently a godly trainer like Red and knows everything while training their pokemon perfectly in every aspect and having access to amazing items and tms.  

On top of that, they abuse field effects against you. You can say it is nearly unfair, if you try to win via brute force. This is where you have to be reminded that they are still AIs, and you can come up with a strategy to beat them. But training your pokemon properly or breeding to get better IVs helps a lot. Especially in challenge runs.