Fire Monotype - Jaggi burns things

We go off searching the entire Azurine Island for Cain and end up finding Team Meteor instead. Specifically Aster and Eclipse. Cue Battle

VS Metetor Grunts Aster & Eclipse III

capture0007nrik.png

Spoiler

capture001v6oqd.png

Five of their six Pokémon resist Fire, so that's gonna be fun.

Growlithe's Crunch deals signifacnt damage to Lunatone, followed by Solrock's Rock Slide dealing under half HP to Magcargo - it also triggers Weak Armor, but her White Herb restores her Defense - and critting Growlithe down to critical HP. Magcargo then uses Shell Smash.

Next turn Ancient Power+Crunch take out Solrock and Lunatone's Psywave puts Growlithe down to a pixel of HP.

capture002noog3.png

Magcargo finishes off Lunatone with Ancient Power and Growlithe OHKO's Rhydon with a crit Close Combat. Nice work!

I forgot the screenshot here - Milotic and Magmar are sent out.

That Milotic needs to go down; Ancient Power deals a little under half HP damage to it, but Growlithe gets KO'd by Magmar's Fire Punch before he gets to attack with Close Combat. Milotic luckily misses with Hydro Pump.

capture0031eo9l.png

Another Ancient Power puts Milotic into critical HP and Pyroar's Echoed Voice finishes it off. Magmar's Feint Attack puts Magcargo into critical HP.

capture004xaq0z.png

Magmar unfortunately knows Mach Punch and uses it to finish off Magcargo before she can fire her last Ancient Power on it. Pyroar's Echoed Voice takes half of Magmar's HP before Electabuzz's Cross Chop puts her into critical HP.

capture0056uq77.png

Aster & Eclipe use an Ultra Potion on Magmar and I use Camerupt's turn to heal Pyroar with a Lemonade. Her Echoed Voice then puts Magmar down to critical HP. Electabuzz's thunder Punch brings Pyroar down under half HP.

capture0065fqqn.png

Another UIltra Potion for Magmar and another Lemonade for Pyroar, bringing both back to max HP. Magmar then gets OHKO'd by a crit Echoed Voice. Another Thunder Punch from Electabuzz ends up paralyzing Pyroar.

capture007flq81.png

Down to 2vs1.

Electabuzz misses a Cross Chop and gets KO'd by Echoed Voice, ending this battle.

capture0088vp62.png

And it's not going to be the last time either!

Victory on the first try; ended up not being as troublesome as I had feared. Magcargo once again put in great work here. I didn't even have to send out Typhlosion, which is good, because I don't want to have to delevel him.

We find a hidden passage behind which Taka is holding Cain and a Camerupt behind bars. Cue Battle

VS Meteor Admin Taka

capture000tjofu.png

Spoiler

capture0018xous.png

Klefki sets up a layer of Spikes and then gets annihilated by Flamethrower.

capture002wupsv.png

Pyroar's Crunch unfortunately does only little damage while Cradily's Anient Power takes half of her HP.

Another Crunch puts it down to half HP before Pyroar gets KO'd by another Ancient Power.

capture003aarzm.png

Taka uses an Ultra potion, but Growlithe's Close Combat brings it down to critical HP. Another Ultra Potion+Close Combat loop before a third CC finishes it off.

capture004ngqw4.png

Gligar's Acrobatics only deals little damage to Magcargo and activates her Weak Armor. She then boosts herself with Shell Smash.

Next turn her Nature Power=>Gear Grind misses, allowing Gligar to KO her...

capture0055spnr.png

Growlithe is back up and Intimidates Gligar. Acrobatics still puts him down to exactly 1HP, but Heat Wave ends up burning Gligar.

I heal Growlithe with a Lemonade and Acrobatics puts him down to a little under half HP.

A third Acrobatics puts him down to critical HP again before Heat Wave finishes off Gligar.

capture006tgosm.png

Unsurprisingly Growlithe isn't faster than Chatot.

capture00750pxl.png

Chatter doesn't deal much damage to Camerupt, but the confusion makes her hit herself. Of course. Next turn I use a Lemonade on her and Chatot uses Chatter again.

On the third turn Chatot uses another Chatter and Camerupt actually attacks this time. Rock Slide deals roughly half of Chatot's HP, but also triggers its sirtus Berry, healing most of the damage.

Another Chatter and Camerupt goes down.

capture008btoic.png

Typhlosion misses a Nature Power=>Gear Grind (of course) and Chatot sets up Nasty Plot.

Another try with Gear Grind deals just enough damage to finish off Chatot and end this battle.

capture009btpyi.png

Don't say "Oops" when I got all the unlucky misses.

Another first try victory, although not quite as smoothly as some other battles. Stupid Gear Grind missing twice. I got lucky with Gligar getting burned.

The Level Cap is looming ominously over Typhlosion.

We backtrack to Apophyll and back up Pyrous Mountain, dealing with Meteors along the way.

Up on the crater we confront Team Meteor's Leader Solaris, who declares that he won't need more than one Pokémon to deal with us. Cue Battle

VS Meteor Leader Solaris

capture000p0qle.png

Spoiler

capture001qoqdb.png

Yeah, turns out he's right.

capture002o8ru6.png

Intimidate doesn't help either.

capture0034ir94.png

capture004qxpoz.png

capture005dupkq.png

The whole team goes down like this. The fact that they're ALL weak to Earthquake certainly doesn't help.

I could have bred a Houndour with Counter and sacrifice my Focus Sash for this battle, but didn't feel like it. Don't think there would have been any other way to beat Garchomp.

Back in Reborn City Cain demands one last battle before he opens the gate to the Wasteland for us. The level cap is looming.

VS Pretty Boy Cain IV

capture0004bp3e.png

Spoiler

capture001qtoc6.png

Growlithe takes a Psybeam before OHKO'in Venomoth with a crit Fire Fang.

capture0028fo66.png

Cain, naturally, sends out Samurott next. Typhlosion gets to soften it up.

Nature Power=>Tri Attack deals about a third of its HP damage and Samurott retaliates with Razor Shell, putting Typhlosion into critical HP. Another Tri Attack, then Typhlosion gets finished off by Razor Shell.

capture003sspmx.png

A crit Echoed Voice finishes off Samurott.

capture004eyqm3.png

Camerupt takes a Thrash with more than half HP remaining and puts Nidoking into critical HP with Earth Power. The second Thrash puts Camerupt into critical HP as well before she KO's her foe with a second Earth Power.

capture005v4pir.png

Pyroar's Echoed Voice deals some damage while Muk's Sludge Bomb deals about a third of HP damage and poisons her. Another, crit Echoed Voice puts Muk into critical HP while Sludge Bomb+poison do the same to Pyroar.

Next turn Cain attempts to heal, but Echoed Voice finishes off Muk anyway. Pyroar then immediately goes down to poison.

capture0062nr4g.png

And what were you planning to do about Strength?

Camerupt takes a hit while I heal Growlithe.

capture007huofx.png

A Shadow Ball puts Growlithe into critical HP, but he retaliates by One-shotting his foe with Crunch.

Accidentally skipped his defeat quote.
"Yep, that's that.~"

Now open the gate

Pretty straightforward battle. I tried to avoid Typhlosion getting any exp and to funnel some extra exp into Growlithe.

As we navigate through the Byxbysigbig Wasteland we eventually reach the Gym here. We also find an old not-friend is already here and, of course, just has to fight us. Cue Battle

VS Swag Jockey Fern IV

capture00023pe6.png

Spoiler

capture0013lpoh.png

Hey look, free exp!

Heat Wave.

capture0025eoeg.png

Even more free exp; this one goes down to Close Combat.

capture003vyrjn.png

Scyther's X-Scissor puts Growlithe down to 1/4 of HP and Fire Fang puts it down to roughly 1/4 of its HP. Fern heals it with a Choc Ice Cream and another Fire Fang puts it down to critical HP this time. After one more Choc Ice Cream Scyther goes down to a third Fire Fang.

capture004xvopp.png

Roserade's a number too big for Growlithe right now, so Magcargo is up instead. Giga Drain puts her into critical HP before she Shell Smashes. Next turn Nature Power=>Gunk Shot puts Roserade down to 1/3 HP and Magcargo goes down to Extrasensory.

capture005s5q2l.png

Flamethrower finishes it off.

capture006k5pm9.png

Are you trying to steal my lines? Serperior goes down to another Flamethrower without getting to act.

capture007vqq25.png

Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that, mate.

The thirst three were all free exp, unfortunately Roserade and Serperior are still a bit too powerful to be considered that. Overall an easy battle.

With that out of the way we get to challegne Aya so we can raise the Level Cap again. Cue Battle

VS Wasteland Punk Aya

capture000v6jd4.png

Spoiler

capture001ecjf9.png

Tentacruel has Muddy Water and Nidoqueen has Stealth Rock, both of which are rather troublesome. Pansear's just here to be meatshield.

Tentacruel acts first and Muddy Waters Camerupt for a bit mor than half her HP. Praise Solid Rock! Pansear manages to avoid the attack and uses Yawn on Tentacruel. Nidoqueen throws out some Spikes and then gets OHKO'd by Camerupt's Earth Power. At the end of the turn the Wasteland swallows the Spikes and attacks Camerupt and Pansear for 1/4 of their HP each.

capture002y6k3i.png

Dragalge comes out early again. I use Pansear's turn to heal Camerupt with a Hyper Potion, but Muddy Water+Hydro Pump take her out anyway. Muddy Water also KO'd Pansear.

capture003p9jrp.png

Yeah, I grinded up Growlithe a little bit before this battle. Outrage hits Dragalge, but it manages to just barely hang on, while Magcargo uses Shell Smash. Dragalge's Hydro Pump misses.

On the next turn Dragalge gets healed with an Ultra Potion and knocked down to a bit above half HP by Magcargo's Ancient Power. Unfortunately Outrage hits Tentacruel this time, although it at least puts it into critical HP, but Arcanine gets confused. I forgot to give him a Persim Berry.

capture004i5kc1.png

Aya uses her second and last Ultra Potion on Tentacruel, who immediately gets knocked down to half HP by Ancient Power. Magcargo also gets an All Stats Up! Arcanine manages to attack through his confusion and hits Dragalge with another, crit Outrage, finishing it off.

capture005vwjkg.png

Tentacruel gets finished off by Ancient Power while Arcanine snaps out of confusion and Outrages Drapion for half its HP. Drapion's Aqua Tail misses.

capture006mgjpj.png

Gengar manages to just barely survive Ancient Power and Arcanine in turn hangs on after Shadow Ball, allowing him to KO Drapion with another Outrage. He then gets confused.

capture007s4kk9.png

I switch Arcanine out for Typhlosion before Magcargo KO's both foes with Lava Plume.

capture0085jjfd.png

Unfortunately you're gonna have to deal with a lot of worse things later on...

I was rather worried about Tentacruel, Nidoqueen and Dragalge here, the latter particularly because most of my team are Special attackers. That's why I evolved Arcanine and kept Outrage on him. In the end it all worked out pretty nicely. Camerupt, Arcanine and Magcargo all put in great work. Pansear was just there as a meathsield, but actually managed to do something usefull as well, so that's good too.

I'm still curious how Fern managed to beat her, because I call bullshit on Scyther or Krokorok being much of a help here.

This victory earned us - finally - the Venom Badge, so we can use Strength. We also get Sludge Wave, but nobody on the team can learn it.

That's it for today. Next part will follow some time next week.

Until then, see ya!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that we can finally use Strength it's time to save those kids. Who knows how long this whole side business took in-universe.

We team up with Cain to pummel our way through Yureyu HQ until, near the top, we find Dr. Geezer and Heather. Cue Battle

VS Dr Sigmund Connal

capture000g0j5i.png

Spoiler

capture0012skf7.png

We start off with Raichu missing a Slam and getting Poison Tailed in return. Luxray's Discharge deals some major damage to Magcargo, leaving her at 1/4 of HP, before she sets up a Shell Smash.

On the following turn Magcargo KO's Raichu with Ancient Power while Nidoking locks himself into Thrash. Another Discharge from Luxray finishes off Magcargo as well.

capture002ojkia.png

Nidoking keeps weakly Thrashing at Luxray, Lanturn scratches it with a Signal Beam and Luxray attacks Camerupt with Crunch, lowering her Defense. Finally, Camerupt uses Earthquake, putting Lanturn down to critical HP and KO'ing Nidoking and Luxray.

capture003lwkxn.png

Lanturn gets healed with an Ultra Potion and Electivire KO's Camerupt with Low Kick. Venomoth Giga Drains Lanturn, but doesn't deal much damage.

capture004btjxu.png

Arcanine's Flare Blitz puts Electivire down to critical HP and burns it. A dual Dicharge from the enemies KO's both Arcanine and Venomoth, the latter of which used only a weak Signal Beam on Lanturn inbetween.

capture005pqkle.png

Electivire is healed with an Ultra Potion while Pyroar deals some damage to Lanturn with Echoed Voice and tanks a Field-weakened Discharge. Samurott's Razor Shell lowers Electivire's Defense.

Pyroar manages to take a Discharge from Electivire and then KO's Lanturn with a crit Echoed Voice. Cain meanwhile swapped out his Samurott for Haunter, which immediately fell to critical HP from Discharge.

capture006g2j9y.png

Electivire Fire Punches Haunter before it gets KO'd by Echoed Vocie itself. (Finally!) Pyroar also manages to just damn barely hang on after Eelektross's Crunch.

capture007xcjeh.png

Look at Pyroar's HP there, that's just three left. Echoed Voice by now has stacked up enough to OHKO Eelektross before Rotom's Discharge takes out both Pyroar and Samurott.

capture008y2kga.png

I think everybody's down to their last Pokémon now. A crit Shadow Claw from Typhlosion puts Rotom down to a sliver of Hp and, after it fires off one more Discharge, it goes down to Muk's Sludge Bomb.

capture009b2ksp.png

Mrhm!

Victory on the first try, although it was a close call. Lanturn is an asshole on that field. Electivire is just an asshole in general. Also, I hate Rotom.

Can I just say I don't like Sigmund's team very much? Well, aside from Luxray, that one's cool.

Team Meteor abandons the Yureyu HQ and our group quickly leaves as well. Soon after we're sent on an errand to Spinel Town to go get some Medicine for Anna Nostra, which ends with us chasing a teleporting PokéMart and fighting a Gym Battle. Before the leader herself however Bennett insists to battle us. He's going to regret that. I've got a feeling @Jess is going to enjoy it however.

VS Lepidopterist Bennett

capture000rujgn.png

Spoiler

capture00156jno.png

Magcargo tanks a Zen Headbutt and sets up Shell Smash. From then on...

capture002w5jdl.png

Ancient Power Spam!

capture003n0jtr.png

capture004t7klk.png

Dustox is holding a Bright Poweder, making Ancient Power miss, but the Field reflects the attack back at it anyway.

capture005rykte.png

capture006ykkpr.png

Vivillon had Ancient Power reflected back on it as well.

capture007vvkt8.png

At this point I ran out of Ancient Powers. Venomoth went down to Lava Plume instead.

capture008mpjtt.png

That's one way to put this, I suppose...

Truly an incredibly difficult battle.

Our spectator El declares Bugboy here to be E4-material.

Yeeaaah, no.

After this short diversion it's time to challegne the leader herself. She uses Ice Types, so this is going to be fun. Cue Battle.

VS Beauty Queen Serra

capture000fbk1f.png

Spoiler

capture001hijpn.png

Crogonal manages to outspeed Arcanine, but its Flash Cannon, even when boosted by the Field, doesn't do much damage. Arcanine in turn obliterates his foe with Flare Blitz.

capture002wcj0f.png

Jynx gets taken out by Flamethrower.

capture003pykdh.png

Typhlosion's next Flamethrower misses and also doesn't get reflected by the field. I thought that always happens?

Anyhow, Vanilluxe's Water Pulse deals less than half of Typhlosion's HP damage. A second Flamethrower misses as well, but this time gets reflected by the mirrors. Vanilluxe manages to just barely hang on. Hmpf.

Serra attempts to heal Vanilluxe, but a third Flamethrower, boosted by both Metronome and Blaze KO's it.

capture004ofjvq.png

Flamethrower misses yet again and once again doesn't get reflected either, allowing Glaceon to KO Typhlosion with Frost Breath. I am slightly annoyed.

capture005dskt4.png

Pyroar's Flamethrower puts Glaceon into critical HP while frost Breath hurts her for about 1/3 of HP.

Serra heals Glaceon back to max HP, but a second Flamethrower, boosted by Metronome, OHKO's it this time.

capture006q8j30.png

Aurorus gets totally destroyed by a crit Close Combat.

capture007vkjyz.png

Pyroar manages to hang on after an "in focus" Frost Breath and OHKO's Froslass with Flamethrower.

capture0086vjym.png

I'm holding onto it for dear life, believe me.

Victory on the first try, unsurprisingly. Although RNG seemed to hate Typhlosion for some reason.

We earned another Badge, it raises the Level Cap to 55. We also get the supremely useless for this run Frost Breath TM.

The PokéMart also decides to come down from its roost, so we next we have to find that one again.

That's all for today. Next part will follow sometime this week, whenever I have the time for it.

Until then, see ya!

With a new Badge in possession it's time to leave Spinel Town and continue pursuing our friend, the randomly teleporting PokéMart; once we got the needed Medicine from there we return to Belrose Manse. After making sure Anna is fine again we prepare for a Gym Battle against Noel, but instead end up defending the house from Dr. Geezer and Team Meteor.

Sigmund has us kept occupied by two of his cronies while he walks past us, leaving us to deal with Sirius once we're done slapping around the mooks.

VS Meteor Admin Sirius I

capture000xwp5s.png

Spoiler

capture001bbqw0.png

Camerupt tanks a Shadow Ball that ends up lowering her defense and retaliates with Earth Power, putting Chandelure into critical HP.

Next turn Sirius uses an Ultra Potion, but Earthquake puts Chandelure back into critical HP. Sirius uses another Ultra Potion, but this time Chancdelure goes down to Earth Power.

capture002chosc.png

Seviper and Arcanine are next. Extreme Speed deals some damage to Seviper, it counters with a weak Poison Fang. I misclick and accidentally have Arcanine use another Extreme Speed, ending with him getting badly poisoned by another Poison Fang. Next turn I try to finish it off with Flare Blitz, but Sirius uses his last Ultra Potion, causing Flare Blitz to only put it into critical HP. The recoild damage+poison also do the same to Arcanine.

capture003lyo2y.png

One more Extreme Speed and it goes down. Arcanine falls to the poison right after.

capture004c6re7.png

I mispredict Probopass, resulting in this. Camerupt goes down to High Jump Kick.

capture005ggrr2.png

Man, i wanted to use Arcanine's Intimidate to weaken this thing...

Typhlosion luckily doesn't get sukcer Punched and nukes Hitmontop with Eruption. It manages to just barely hang on, but then proceeds to kill itself with High Jump Kick. Haha!

capture0060oq0k.png

Another Eruption, Manectric goes down right away.

capture007rcq3z.png

I wanted Camerupt to Earth Power this thing... Magcargo sets up a Shell Smash - before Probopass gets to act no less - but then gets paralyzed by Thunder Wave. Next turn she manages to survive one Rock Slide and hits Probopass with Lavaplume for half HP damage. She then goes down after another Rock Slide.

capture008wfony.png

Typhlosion finishes this with Eruption.

capture009t8qq1.png

You really should've realizd that when I repeatedly stomped all the other Admins.

Honchkrow gets taken out by another Eruption, easy.

capture010v3rf7.png

Numbers won't help you when I get auto-healed before fighting you anyway.

Victory on the first try, although that stupid misclick messed up just about my whole battle plan. Luckily Eruption's ludicrous power managed to fill the resulting holes.

After the battle we hear a scream from upstairs, but decide to keep our eyes on Sirius and the door to keep the ground floor clean of threats. Unfortunately this results in the twins getting kidnapped by Sigmund and we quickly find ourselves storming Team Meteor's Tanzan Mountain Base (aka Rock Type Hell...) alongside (sort of) Saphira.

Omce we reach the PULSE control room we end up being randomly teleported into a chasm where we run into a very large and very angry Steelix.

VS Pokémon Gargantuan

capture0004guch.png

Spoiler

capture00109uga.png

Let's try out just how powerful Eruption is.

It knocks Stelix down to critical HP, although its Sitrus Berry brings it back up above 1/3 max HP. It then takes out Typhlosion with Earthquake.

capture0023auxj.png

Flare Blitz puts it down to critical HP before Arcanine goes down to Earthquake as well.

capture0055yuux.png

Pyroar finishes it off.

capture006uou8x.png

"Roar"

I'm somewhat disappointed Eruption didn't outright nuke it. Oh well.

Steelix retreats back into the abyss, only to immediately show back up with Saphira riding on its head. We use it to go back up to the base's entrance and, while Saphira busts out the twins, we go to confront ZEL and their PULSE Abra.

VS Meteor Admin ZEL PULSE Abra

capture0008ju2r.png

Spoiler

This thing is Steel Type, so my attacks should hurt, but unfortunately I have no way to goad it into using Hyper Beam, so I have to rely on the AI roulette.

Pyroar didn't get lucky, Dark Pulse took her down.

capture001ssu1e.png

Arcanine has decent bulk, maybe he can take a Dark Pulse? We'll never find out, because he just got Hyper Beamed.

capture0028aukm.png

Gotta take this opportunity and send out the big guns. Eruption deals heavy damage, putting Abra to 1/4 of HP. Unfortunately I forgot I could have used Flame Charge for an extra attack.

Next turn Typhlosion goes down to another Hyper Beam.

capture003d9usv.png

Earthquake finishes it off.

capture004omu6h.png

It's not like it's you guys' fault to begin with.

I'm not going to count this as a ZEL battle. To be honest I think it's weird how this isn't another Pokémon [Trainer Class] Battle

Right after this battle Lin shows up, but quickly leaves again to deal with Saphira and Steelix. We take that as our cue to hightail it out of there.

We make our way back to Belrose Manse, but Saphira hasn't shown up after getting blasted along with Steelix. So rather than search for her, we instead fight Noel. Cue Battle

VS Prodigy Noel

capture000b2u0g.png

Spoiler

capture001tyu5r.png

For once it's not raining, so I have to be careful which Fire attacks I use. Don't want to triggers somebody's trauma or anything like that.

Camaerupt easily tanks a Dazzling Gleam and attacks with Earth Power, dealing roughly 1/3 of Wiggly's HP. Next turn Wigglytuff sets up Stealth Rock and is then brought down to critical HP by Earth Power.

What follows are several turns of Camerupt using Earth Power and Wigglytuff either getting healed with an Ultra Potion or weakly attacking with Dazzling Gleam.

Wigglytuff finally goes down after a total of seven Earth Powers, with one of them having been a crit. It didn't set up Reflect, but did set up Stealth Rock.

capture002bsuw0.png

I don't want to get flinch-haxed, so I throw out Typhlosion, the fastest member of my team. Eruption would burn the Field, so I use Flamethrower instead. Unfortunately it only puts Cinccino down to critical HP and Typhlosion gets knocked out by Rock Blast.

capture003nkuuq.png

Extreme Speed finishes it off.

capture004l2u8e.png

A Field-boosted Flare Blitz puts Porygon-Z down to critical HP, followed by it knocking out Arcanine with Tri-Attack.

capture005qpu2e.png

Pyroar is the fastest thing I have left right now; she finishes off Porygon-Z with Flamethrower.

capture006uduw4.png

I don't like switching when Stealth Rocks are up, but Swellow might just be faster than everything on my team.

Magcargo easily tanks a Steel Wing and sets up Shell Smash. Ancient Power then OHKO's Swellow.

capture007ypuxl.png

Lava Plume would set the Field on fire and I'm pretty sure this thing has Sap Sipper, so another ancient Power it is. It puts Girafarig below half HP, followed by Magcargo getting knocked out with Thunderbolt.

capture008t9ugv.png

Pyroar finishes it off with another Flame Thrower.

capture009e4u1o.png

That leaves only Noel's Ace. Flamethrower deals heavy damage, putting it down to 1/4 of max HP. Pyroar in turn tanks a Moonblast.

capture0106nuql.png

Another Flamethrower ends this battle.

capture0115hu8a.png

I just realized that's a pun on the Standard Badge he hands out, goddammit.

Victory on the first try, the Field did more for me than for him here, even if I had to carefully work around some attacks. If I was a more pragmatic person I could've probably nuked half his team with Eruption. Maybe more, depening on whether or not it could OHKO Wigglytuff right away.

This battle earned us a Badge, raising the Level Cap to 55, as well as the TM Hidden Power - That one's gonna be usefull for coverage. Typhlosion's is Electric, Magcargo's I'll have to look up. Everyone else's isn't really notable.

That's it for today. Next time will see the start of the Route 1/Luna-Arc!

Until then, see ya!

We head back out to Tanzan Mountain where we find Saphira and are handed the Ruby Ring and Amethyst Pendant for safekeeping.

Moving on without the rest of the group we reach Route 1 where our adventure finally starts we are greeted by Fern. Cue Battle.

VS Swag Jockey Fern V

capture00022u9c.png

Spoiler

capture001sduc2.png

Arcanine's Extreme Speed deals roughly half HP damage while Fraxure sets up a Dragon Dance. Next turn another Extreme Speed puts it into critical HP while Arcanine tanks Dragon Claw. Fern attempts to heal with a Berry Ice Cream, but two more Extreme Speeds take it out.

capture002tjuvo.png

Rematch, this time both are fully evolved. Krookodile once again goes down to Close Combat in one hit.

capture003m2uag.png

Typhlosion's Eruption burns the shit out of Roserade, even with rain up. The rain also prevents the Field from hanging.

capture004ique7.png

Another OHKO with Eruption. That's almost unfair.

capture005t6uyb.png

Serperior actually manages to outspeed Typhlosion and Giga Drains him for a quarter of his HP. Eruption crits and OHKO's the foe anyway.

capture006l0uy0.png

Accidental puns.

Another Eruption OHKO's this one as well.

capture007qqust.png

Not my fault you're bad at doing a Monotype Challenge.

Face it Fern, you'll never amount to anything on this run.

We make our way through Route 1 heading East until we reach Vanhanen Castle, where we battle Cain to decide who gets to challenge the Gym first.

VS Pretty Boy Cain V

capture000f1uob.png

Spoiler

capture001wyu7e.png

Camerupt easily tanks a Sludge Wave and then 3KO's Muk with Earthquake, outdamaging Cain's attempt to heal.

capture0020rujo.png

Intimidate lowers Samurott's Attack and Extreme Speed deals some damage, but it sets up a Swords Dance. Next turn Arcanine attacks with another Extreme Speed while Samurott's Aqua Tail, thankfully, misses. The following turn Samurotts manages to survive Close Combat as well and takes out Arcanine in one shot wit Aqua Tail. When did this thing turn so tanky?

capture003pfua9.png

Typhlosion finishes it off with Nature Power=>Ancient Power.

capture004oiu7h.png

Camerupt unfortunately goes down to an Earthquake before she can act.

capture005jduoz.png

Ace vs Ace. Eruption crits, knocking Nidoking out in one hit.

capture00663uzh.png

Gengar lands a Focus Blast, one-shotting Magcargo.

capture007cwu1u.png

Alright, another Eruption it is. It crits again, taking out Gengar as well.

capture008v2ulb.png

Hyper Voice deals heavy damage while Absol sets up Sword Dance. Next turn it uses Sucker Punch and OHKO's Pyroar. I Should've uses Noble Roar.

capture009abunb.png

Welp, I'm down to just Typhlosion now.

Fun Fact: Sucker Punch fails against Nature Power. This allows Typhlosion to take it out with NP=>Ancient Power without taking a hit himself.

capture0100cuj9.png

I'm not sure how fast this thing is, so I go for Flamethrower rather than Eruption. Typhlosion goes first and OHKO's his foe.

capture011b3u5h.png

But you couldn't have done so five minutes ago?

Took me a second try for this one. For some reason I had significantly more trouble here than I expected here, but weirdly enough not with any of his new 'Mons in this battle. His Samurott wasn't nearly as tanky or hard hitting in any of the previous fights. Typhlosion had to carry the team.

After the battle we find out that El has kidnapped Gossip Gardevoir, leading us to go on a wild chase after him. That means travelling all the way to the other end of Route 1.

We chase El into the City's Wall, through the caves below and eventually face him at the top of the Citae whose name I can't be bothered to properly remember. Cue Battle

VS Parson El || DITTOCEUS

capture000lsuw8.png

Spoiler

Look at that guy's Derpface tho.

capture001dcu7z.png

Arceus uses Focus Miss, allowing Magcargo to set up a Shell Smash. It's enough to outspeed Arceus and she manages to take half of its HP with a Field-boosted Nature Power=> Power Gem. She then goes down to Focus Blast.

capture002l0ut0.png

Camerupt takes a Focus Blast and retaliates by destroying the Field with a crit Earthquake. Next turn she goes down to Judgement.

capture003ggudv.png

Arcanine takes a Shadow Ball before putting Arceus to a sliver of HP with Close Combat.

capture004eiu3x.png

Leftovers healed it a bit again, but it's not enough to keep Arcanine from KO'ing Arceus with Extreme Speed.

capture005nau2f.png

Blablabla, I'm gonna squeeze your precious Lord into a tiny little ball one day, ya hear me? Mark my words.

This took me a few tries, because Judgement on a Crystal Cavern is just too damn random. It would've been a lot easier if this thing didn't have Focus Blast.

At first I tried to have Pyroar lower its offenses with Noble Roar, but it didn't quite work out. Then I tried out Nature Power and the above happened. Didn't expect that work that well.

Anyhow, that's it for today. The Gym Battle against Radomus will follow next time.
Until then, see ya!

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi
FORGOT THE IMAGES *hits self in confusion*

Good job with everything! I finally managed to catch up with your run! Really surprised that Flamethrower didn't get reflected twice in mirror field.

Also I never had realized that Noel uses a Standard badge name pun after getting defeated by us... :D 

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Good job with everything! I finally managed to catch up with your run! Really surprised that Flamethrower didn't get reflected twice in mirror field.

Also I never had realized that Noel uses a Standard badge name pun after getting defeated by us... :D 

Thanks!^^

Yeah, that caught me off guard as well. I was sure the reflection effect always happened. I guess RNG just really wanted Typhlosion to not succeed. Or it tried to punish me for using so many Fire Types against Serra. She's definitely one of the leaders with the least coverage against her weaknesses.

Catching that pun took me four back-to-back playthroughs as well. I can be really dense with such things. xD

Mini-Update: We make our way back to Vanhanen Castle for our next Gym Battle.

VS Grandmaster Radomus

capture001wwubo.png

Spoiler

capture00216u28.png

Doubles Formation, go! Eruption puts a heavy dent into both foes' HP.

capture003weuet.png

a Normal Gem-boosted Hyper Voice finishes off both of them, netting Pyroar two Moxie Boosts.

capture004qqu5e.png

Typhlosion's Metronome-boosted Eruption puts a heavy dent in Malamar, but Slowking doesn't take too much damage. It also manages to just barely survive Pyroar's Crunch.

Malamar follows up by OHKO'ing Pyroar with Superpower while Slowking sets up Trick Room. Dang.

capture005l4uy5.png

Might as well abuse Trick Room for myself.

Slowking gets healed with a Hyper Potion, before Camerupt takes a third of its HP with Earth Power. She also tanks Malamar's Psycho Cut fairly well before Typhlosion KO's both enemies with another Eruption.

capture006myuux.png

Camerupt's Earth Power deals some damage to Gossip Gardevoir while Metagross misses a Zen Headbutt. Gossip Gardevoir boosts herself with Calm Mind, allowing her to just barely hang on after Typhlosion's next, fourth-in-a-row Eruption. Metagross however goes down, of course.

capture007gqufs.png

Radomus heals Gardevoir back up with a Hyper Potion. Camerupt's Earth Power doesn't deal much damage by now and Typhlosion's fifth Eruption puts her down to a quarter of HP.

capture008igus8.png

Camerupt goes for Rock Slide this time, but it only manages to put Gardevoir into critical HP. She retaliates with Moonblast, finishing off Camerupt.

Typhlosion has one more Eruption left, thanks to a PP Up I found. He uses it to overkill Gardevoir. If I'm not mistaken Metronome should have boosted its power to 200% by now.

capture0096puvt.png

Pick a god and pray- wait sorry wrong game.

That was easy. Victory on the second try, althouth the first try was just trying out if Reuniclus and Gallade would go down to Eruption+Hyper Voice without the Normal Gem. They didn't, both just barely withstood the attack.

Typhlosion's Eruption obviously carried me through here. Slowking's Trick Room could've easily put a stop to that, but for some reason the enemies seemed to prefer attacking Camerupt.

Well, we got our next Badge, which raises the Level Cap again, and the TM for Trick Room, which might just come in handy way, waaaay later.

That's it for this mini-Update. More should come tomorrow, or maybe even later on today.

Until then, see ya!

After our last Gym Battle we had to deal with another kidnapping, this time Luna's, resulting in us raiding a cult's base.

After rescuing Luna we make our way through Iollia Valley so we can challenge her to a Gym Battle, but Bennett shows up and wants us to leavi him alone with her. Yeah, that's not happening. Cue Battle

VS Lepidopterist Bennett II

capture0007xstj.png

Spoiler

capture001qpshd.png

Guess how this is going to go over.

Magcargo Shell Smashes before tanking a Flame Charge and then

capture002cxssp.png

capture003z1sww.png

capture0049zs1z.png

capture005egsnu.png

ANCIENT POWER SPAM

capture006qvszf.png

O V E R K I L L

capture007apssx.png

Nope, ya getting rekt.

I accidentally skipped his defeat quote.

"So this is what I amount to."

Your Larvesta is pretty much an invitation to set up, ya dingus.

The most hardest battle everest!

With that out of the way we can go get our next Badge. Cue Battle!

VS Dark Dreamer Luna

capture000uts6t.png

Spoiler

capture001ofsd8.png

Luna is nice enough to goad me into Earthquaking her Field right on the first turn. Camerupt only has to tank two Iron Heads before she gets to do that, because the first one flinched her. Bisharp goes down to Earthquake along with the Field's crystals.

capture002nlsf7.png

Tyranitar gets destroyed by Close Combat.

capture003c2s00.png

Magcargo takes a Psycho Cut before setting up Shell Smash.

Next turn - Did I ever mention that her Hidden Power is Bug? Magcargo's Hidden Power is Bug. - Malamar gest destroyed by Hidden Power {Bug}.

capture004gqsuc.png

A Field-boosted Ancient Power easily OHKO's this one as well.

capture0059ns1l.png

My entire team is immune to Will-O-Wisp, but not Confuse Ray. After one Shell Smash and Weak Armor each Magcargo would probably just knock herself out.

Sableye doesn't use Confuse Ray and as thanks gets OHKO'd with Ancient Power. Magcargo also collects an All Stats Up!

capture0069vsps.png

Down to her Ace and my team is still healthy.

Hidden Power {Bug} unfortunately doesn't deal very much damage; Umbreon uses Confuse Ray.

capture0077es2h.png

Magcargo hits herself in confusion, losing half her remaining HP. Umbreon's Dark Pulse finishes her off. What a shame.

capture008gpstu.png

Arcanine's Flare Blitz doesn't deal much damage either - this thing is ridiculously tanky. Dark Pulse doesn't hurt Arcanine much either.

Close Combat deals a good deal more damage, putting Umbreon into critical HP. Unfortunately, since I have OHKO'd every single one of her 'Mons so far, Luna has still three Hyper Potions left. Dangit. With his Defenses reduced Arcanine only barely manages to hang on after another Dark Pulse.

Next turn Umbreon gets healed to a little under max HP with a Hyper Potion and then immediately loses more than half its HP again to Close Combat.

capture009a5s9v.png

One more Close Combat finishes it off.

capture010xpsxa.png

"...tarnished, your soul shines with hope. I pray you farewell."

Seriously, what? What's that supposed to mean, "the beauty of my soul is tarnished"?

Can we all just agree that you're a chuunibyou?

Well, that was pretty easy. No Eruptions this time, because Typhlosion didn't even see any action. Neither did Pyroar. Umbreon's the only one of her Pokémon that put up something resembling a fight.

This battle earned us another Badge, raising the Level Cap to 70, which I'm still far away from. We also get Dark Pulse, Pyroar learns it. (RIP Crunch, now what am I gonna do about her ability?)

That's it for now, next up is Agate Circus - the Point Of No Return! Before that there are still a few preparations to be made.

Until next time, see ya!

26 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

capture0059ns1l.png

My entire team is immune to Will-O-Wisp, but not Confuse Ray. After one Shell Smash and Weak Armor each Magcargo would probably just knock herself out.

Sableye doesn't use Confuse Ray and as thanks gets OHKO'd with Ancient Power. Magcargo also collects an All Stats Up!

Good job Jaggi! I've almost swept Luna with Moxie Heracross, till Prankster Sableye decided to Confuse Ray me. Heracross broke through it to kill Sableye, but OHKO'ed himself before managing to take out Umbreon too... I feel your pain about lost sweeps :( 

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Heracross broke through it to kill Sableye, but OHKO'ed himself before managing to take out Umbreon too... I feel your pain about lost sweeps :( 

He, I remember that one. All those Moxie Boosts and Close Combat debuffs. It is pretty funny, at least.

Magcargo did get to sweep Bennett (again) right before, so at least she already had her moment to shine.

2 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

He, I remember that one. All those Moxie Boosts and Close Combat debuffs. It is pretty funny, at least.

Magcargo did get to sweep Bennett (again) right before, so at least she already had her moment to shine.

LOL, it is quite suicidal, but funny, yes!

Magcargo is quite underrated, but can be very scary after Shell Smash... Same story with Crustle, but Fire typing makes it a much more terrifying attacker than Bug does with Crustle!

2 minutes ago, Jess said:

Magcargo is quite underrated, but can be very scary after Shell Smash... Same story with Crustle, but Fire typing makes it a much more terrifying attacker than Bug does with Crustle!

It's one of those Pokémon I never even looked at before. The only thing about Shell Smash I somewhat regret is the fact that it takes away one moveslot that could be used for coverage. I like coverage.

On the other hand I'm running Typhlosion with three Fire moves, so there's that. xp

6 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

It's one of those Pokémon I never even looked at before. The only thing about Shell Smash I somewhat regret is the fact that it takes away one moveslot that could be used for coverage. I like coverage.

On the other hand I'm running Typhlosion with three Fire moves, so there's that. xp

Still, you can have Shell Smash, Earth Power, Lava Plume and Ancient Power. Plenty of coverage! ;) 

Typhlosion has Nature Power, so practically all typings of coverage! xD

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Still, you can have Shell Smash, Earth Power, Lava Plume and Ancient Power. Plenty of coverage!

Flamethrower rather than Lava Plume actually by now. But yes, that's actually good coverage. I'll just need to have her relearn Earth Power because I skipped out on it so I could keep Hidden Power and both STABS against Luna. Should've maybe planned that out a little better. ^^"

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Typhlosion has Nature Power, so practically all typings of coverage! xD

...as long as the Field cooperates, yes. xD

Overall Nature Power really is very good in this game, particularly for Special Attackers. I'm glad Typhlosion has that one, because Fire+Swift+Hidden Power would be really bad coverage. xD

(I could use the one with Extrasensory from 7th Street, but hell's gonna freeze over before I ever replace my Starter with anything else.)

1 hour ago, rayyan said:

I've never tried nature power on any mon , nor hidden power. But I see that they are quite handy. Goodluck cause Samson will never let you setup 😜

Nature Power in general sucks, but in Reborn it comes in handy, especially for mons like Typhlosion with shallow movepool. Also, for special attackers, always check what Hidden Power type they have from the Elder in Apophyll Academy. (first door in the right side, in the area where you fought Kiki). You never know how lucky you'll get... For example, Gaia, my Galvantula has Hidden Power Ground... That's why she got the name Gaia! I'd call that a very lucky breed! :) 

27 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

@rayyan I could still set up while he heals if my Pokémon was knocked out the previous turn, but yeah, it's a bit trickier with him.

Also, yes, Samson tends to get cocky after knocking up one of your mons easily, and wants to heal up, being so sure of himself xD

That's how I Quiver Dance'd and pretty much defeated him using my Vivillon (even though his Swords Dancing Lucario with its priority moves nearly turned around the battle).

I don't know what happened but in my grass mono run his al was some kind of genius who would take the opportunity to outspend and take down my mon while it had little health and healing the next run. Luckily serperior is faster than all his mons   which made it easy to take all  his mons with contrary boosted leaf storm 

7 minutes ago, rayyan said:

I don't know what happened but in my grass mono run his al was some kind of genius who would take the opportunity to outspend and take down my mon while it had little health and healing the next run. Luckily serperior is faster than all his mons   which made it easy to take all  his mons with contrary boosted leaf storm 

Yeah, trainers will skip the healing if they think that they can KO your Pokémon that turn.

And Contrary Leaf Storm is even more unfair than Eruption. :P

1 hour ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Yeah, trainers will skip the healing if they think that they can KO your Pokémon that turn.

And Contrary Leaf Storm is even more unfair than Eruption. :P

What chance would I have against an feild boosted acrobatics meinshoo with leaf types. And yeah it's unfair considering adrienns mega mawile got one shot by a max boosted leaf storm without landing a single hit 😜

7 minutes ago, rayyan said:

What chance would I have against an feild boosted acrobatics meinshoo with leaf types. And yeah it's unfair considering adrienns mega mawile got one shot by a max boosted leaf storm without landing a single hit 😜

Gotta embrace these Coba Berries... xD

15 hours ago, Jess said:

Gotta embrace these Coba Berries... xD

Praise be to the Type Berries! Sometimes they'll discourage an enemy from using their supereffective attacks altogether, which is pretty dang neat.

Except if that results in Mamoswine getting oneshottet by a Field-boosted Boomburst - that wasn't very neat.

That Mienshao is evil though. It swept my entire Flying team at one point, whoops.

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi

Preparations are done (read: I blew all my money on anything that might come in handy at some point).

I also (finally) trained up two new team members:

Spoiler

capture000zwuuj.png

capture001pvune.png

His Hidden Power is Psychic, but since nothing on Samson's team resist Fire there's not much point to it. Nasty Plot to set up, of course, and Sucker Punch for some extra priority. Mostly just trying to see how that works out for now.

capture002aou1k.png

capture003rtu1j.png

Because every run needs at least one Shiny, I guess. His Hidden power is Electric - if I had Energy Ball his moveset would be identical to Shade's Chandelure. Anyhow, the Litwick event doesn't get any Egg Moves, so no Heat Wave unfortunately. Curse is there for PULSE and the like, mainly Swalot and Mewtwo.

With that we finally have that empty sixth slot filled, but will also have to kick another 'Mon out of the permanent team.

Here's how the reast of the team looks by now:

Spoiler

capture004nyuqd.png

Still my only Physical Attacker and quite powerful. Between Flare Blitz's recoil and Close Combat's Defense reductions he doesn't tend to stay in battle too long however.

Extreme Speed is the only safe attack this guy has.

capture0059cu6j.png

Hyper Voice should be able do quite a number on Samson's team.

capture006w5u6p.png

I like how all her attacking moves end on "-ower".

Because Ow

capture007ywue9.png

Eruption just plain kills things.

Camerupt will be mostly resting in the Box from now on, so I grinded her up a little more than everyone else. That way she can still pitch in later on when needed.

Fun Fact: With Camerupt out of the team I now have no defensive coverage left whatsoever. That is, nothing that cancels out any of Fire's weaknesses. This team is gonna just have to kill things and do so quickly.

Right after arriving at Agate Circus we also turn around back into the Gatehouse to get another, obligatory team member:

Spoiler

capture008odu3t.png

capture0096uuiu.png

You all saw this coming. Not sure what I'll do about EV-training him, but Drought+Heat Wave will eventually have great synergy with Typhlosion's Eruption for Doubles. I didn't think to train up the Stunfisk I traded for him to get him with a higher level, but at least I won't have to use as many Heart Scales on him this way. Probably going to to run him with Will-o-Wisp+Hex and Extrasensory.

Amusingly, his Hidden Power is Ice

After a trip through Route 2 and back (during which I made the frightening realization that I know the Crustle Puzzle by heart now) be secured that Aya and Hardy are both alright and get to fight our next Gym Leader. Cue Battle

VS Strongman Samson

capture0009yutc.png

Spoiler

capture001y1u7n.png

For some reason, I always end up without any coverage against pure Fighting Types.

Magcargo probably won't get a chance to set up in this battle, so Camerupt takes her spot.

Hariyama is an asshole with its massive HP.

Amazingly enough Camerupt, after living a Knock Off with about half HP, manages to OHKO Hariyama with a crit, Field-boosted Nature Power=>Acrobatics.

capture0025ku69.png

Mienshao is faster than everything on my team.

It, for some reason, uses poison Jab on Arcanine and then gets OHKO'd by a "NICE" Close Combat.

capture003s1u6y.png

There's not much that Lucario can do to Chandelure; a crit Bullet Bunch only deals about a quarter of his HP before Flame Burst triggers its Focus Sash.

Next turn Samson uses a Hyper Potion, but Lucario goes down to a second Flame Burst anyway.

capture004d6ua5.png

How much I'd love to Earth Power this fucker right now. Unfortunately Camerupt isn't healed up yet.

Shadow Ball puts Blaziken down to about a third of its HP, but its crit Blaze Kick also puts Chandelure into critical HP.

Next turn I use an Ultra Potion while Blaziken uses another Blaze Kick.

This time Samson uses a Hyper Potion, but a crit Shadow Ball puts Baziken back into critical HP. Chandelure only has to tank one more Blaze Kick before e can finally KO Blaziken.

capture0059zu9j.png

Hawlucha is probably faster than everything I have as well and that's a pain. Arcanine's Intimidates lowers its atk and I use this turn to Ultra Potion Camerupt - sorry Firedog.

Unfortunately Hawlucha uses Swords Dance, shit. Arcanine's Extreme Speed only deals roughly a quarter of its HP damage before he goes down to Acrobatics.

capture006liuj2.png

Great, what now?

Turns out Typhlosion is faster than Hawlucha and can Eruption it. Hooray for desperation attacks.

capture007uiutg.png

Finally down to his Ace. It hits hard, but isn't fast, so this is just a matter of wearing it down.

Typhlosion's Eruption, boosted slightly by Metronome, puts Conkeldurr to a third of HP after Leftovers. He also lives Knock Down.

capture008qyuwv.png

Finally, a Blaze-boosted Flamethrower finishes off Conkeldurr.

Accidentally skipped his Defeat quote:

"Tch, this isn't the worst thing I've lost."
Excuse me?

This battle

Was a MAJOR pain.

Samson just seems to get worse with every run I do, jeebuz. The main issue was Hariyama pretty much always taking out one of my Pokémon before going down and Mienshao being faster than everything else. Hawlucha was also an issue, although if I had known his is actually a good deal slower than Mienshao I wouldn't have struggled quite so much. Blaziken's Speed Boost was also kind of annoying, because Camerupt was just never in any shape to go up against it.

I don't know how many tries it took, but I think it was something about 2.5 hours. I actually won once relatively early, but there was so much dumb luck involved that I decided I wouldn't count that. I wish I had counted that one.

Now we finally have the Fury Badge we never got back in Apophyll. It lets us use Surf, but doesn't do anything to the Level Cap. Not like that would be neccessary, anyway.

We also get Brick Break - just another TM we won't use.

That's it for today. Until next time

See ya!