Fire Monotype - Jaggi burns things

It's about time to wrap this up, so here's Reborn's (for now) Final Battle:

VS Visionary Adrienn

capture000hcuu1.png

Spoiler

capture001f5uph.png

The Misty Field boosts Fairies Sp.Def., so Guardian is here to give my mostly Special team a boost to their Fire attacks. Arcanine and Granbull both Intimidate their opponents, but Arcanine's Atk is restored by his White Herb.

Granbull knows both Rock Slide and earthquake, so I decide to take it out first; it evades Guardian's Heat Wave, but gets oneshottet by Flare Blitz anyway. Gardevoir hits Guardian with a Focus Blast, putting him down to near-critical HP.

capture002bmuve.png

Another Heat Wave deals some damage to Togekiss and brings Gardevoir down to half HP, then Togekiss goes down to another Flare Blitz. Gardevoir finishes off Guardian with Psychic, while Arcanine now sits at ciritcal HP due to recoil.

capture003hsuqn.png

It's a good thing Mawile came out before Whimsicott, even if its Intimidate lowers Arcanine's Atk again.

capture004epuld.png

Adrienn uses a Hyper Potion on Gardevoir while I do the same for Arcanine, mispredicting a Sucker Punch from Mawile. It instead uses Rock Slide to OHKO both my Pokémon, albeit only after getting put to critical HP by Pyroar's Flamethrower.

capture005xjuxl.png

Adrienn uses their second Hyper Potion on Mawile, but it goes down to Typhlosion's Eruption anyway; Gardevoir also gets taken down to ciritcal HP. It misses a Focus Blast, then gets taken out by Chandelure's Flamethrower.

capture006gfu6z.png

I'm pretty sure Whimsicott is hard-coded to always use Tailwind, because I've never seen it do anything else. It blows away the Misty Field, revealing the underlying Fairy Tale Field, then gets destroyed by a Field-boosted and Type-changed Nature Power => Secret Sword for its efforts.

Chandelure sets a Curse on Florges, causing Dazzling Gleam to very nearly take him out. Typhlosion takes it with above half HP remaining.

capture007zmuc1.png

Tailwind allows Florges to go first now, and it makes use of that by finishing off Chandelure with a super effective Hidden Power. It then goes down to another NP => Secret Sword from Typhlosion, ending this battle in a victory of my Ace over Adrienn's.

capture008nnuv9.png

Damn right you were!

This battle took me a few tries, because the Misty Field heavily worked against me. With a mostly Special-based team it proved to be really troublesome that the Misty Field boosts Fairies Sp.Def., especially against Gardevoir and especially Togekiss. The Misty Field also weakens Shadow Ball, so Chandelure couldn't properly damage Gardevoir either. My base team only even got to Florges once.

Using Guardian's Drought to boost my firepower on the other hand worked on the first try; Flare Blitz getting boosted and hitting Adrienn's weaker Defense did wonders in getting rid of the more troublesome first half of their team. From there it was pretty much smooth sailing aside from that one painful mispredict I had against Mawile.

This battle earned us our 14th Badge, as well as the TM for Dazzling Gleam - which, of course, nothing on the team can use.

That's the end of this run, at least until Ep17 rolls around. There's a few more things to do to prepare for the future, but you'll hear about those once they become relevant.

Until then, see ya!

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_155_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_513_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_156_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_322_Weiblich_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_667_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_058_XY.gif

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_157_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_323_Weiblich_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_668_Weiblich_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_219_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_059_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_229_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_609_Schillernd_XY.gifPok%C3%A9monsprite_038_XY.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratz on the finished run!

Which of your three completed runs would you consider to be the toughest?

And I guess you had no luck with the Mystery Egg? Seeing no Volcarona on your team.

2 minutes ago, Fut said:

Congratz on the finished run!

Which of your three completed runs would you consider to be the toughest?

And I guess you had no luck with the Mystery Egg? Seeing no Volcarona on your team.

Thanks!

I guess the first half of my Ground Run was the hardest out of them; I had some issues with low Speed and Fern Giga Draining his way through my team, but eventually got more and more options to deal with troublesome enemies.

This run was actually a good deal easier than I was expecting, presumably because my team was so offense-oriented that my weaknesses mattered less. That shows the most with those enemies I couldn't outspeed, where I usually had to find some way to not get destroyed immediately.

I've actually never had any luck with the Mystery Egg, go figure.

3 hours ago, Jess said:

Congratulations @Gentleman Jaggi!

Burnt them to a crisp!

Would love to see your future endeavours :) 

Thank you too

And yes, a lot of things burned in this run. Particularly those things that had to face Typhlosion.

I'm not sure if I'll start any other runs for now; doing four back-to-back runs of Reborn left me somewhat burnt out, plus I played a bunch of other fangames on the side.

Worst part probably is that I don't feel like going back to the canon games now because wow, they're way too easy. :P