Help me pick team members!

Seal

Eey, I finished episode 16 a couple of months ago and now I'm putting another team together. Anyone got any suggestions on new team members?

Current members (these will stay btw):

Goodra @ Damp Rock  
Ability: Hydration    
- Rain Dance  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Muddy Water  
- Sludge Wave  

Swampert @ Leftovers  
Ability: Torrent  
- Earthquake  
- Ice Punch  
- Waterfall  
- Stealth Rock  

Honchkrow @ Lax Incense  
Ability: Moxie  
- Brave Bird  
- Sucker Punch  
- Night Slash  
- Double Team  

Lucario @ Wide Lens  
Ability: Justified    
- Close Combat  
- Swords Dance  
- Iron Tail  
- Bone Rush  

And yes I know that Honchkrow set is weird, it just works.

A fire type may do fine, since in the upcoming dragon field, fire types may get a boost. Also, you are using that field in two gyms, apparently (I am guessing the steel type leader has a Heatran), so maybe a Darmanitan with Hammer Arm? That Arcanine could work, though.

40 minutes ago, FactoryofSadness said:

A fire type may do fine, since in the upcoming dragon field, fire types may get a boost. Also, you are using that field in two gyms, apparently (I am guessing the steel type leader has a Heatran), so maybe a Darmanitan with Hammer Arm? That Arcanine could work, though.

29 minutes ago, Vanitas said:

if you want to be a basic bitch just use magnezone and guardevoir

otherwise things like volcarona, electrivire, (primerana), roserade and metagross would all be pretty good additions imo

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I'm gonna go for Volcarona, not sure about the next one but I'm thinking Metagross.

8 hours ago, Seal said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I'm gonna go for Volcarona, not sure about the next one but I'm thinking Metagross.

2 Pseudos?thats too easy lol.I would suggest Luxray,Raichu or eelektross if u want to be abit more different.And of course the obvious choice of gardevoir is also there.I want to say heracross too but u already have bug and fighting.

7 hours ago, Vanitas said:

if you want to be a basic bitch just use magnezone and guardevoir

I greet your savagery. And I couldn't agree more!

52 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

2 Pseudos?thats too easy lol.

Speaking about Goodra and Metagross? I'm not too familiar with the pseudolegendary term, but I'm 100% sure that Volcarona is not one.

13 hours ago, V for Vendetta said:

2 Pseudos?thats too easy lol.I would suggest Luxray,Raichu or eelektross if u want to be abit more different.And of course the obvious choice of gardevoir is also there.I want to say heracross too but u already have bug and fighting.

Goodra isn't that good of a pseudo. But I made my decision anyway, I'm going with Volcarona and Electivire.

9 minutes ago, Seal said:

Goodra isn't that good of a pseudo. But I made my decision anyway, I'm going with Volcarona and Electivire.

Goodra is awesome if you use it as a wall and not an all-out attacker. Breed Acid Armor, or even better, Curse on it, and you can then run Power whip, outrage, aqua tail and have a very versatile attacker that is too bulky as well.

You can also give it Iron Tail to deal with fairies or fire punch to deal with steel types.

I think it is better as an attack oriented bulky set up hitter. Let it have Sap Sipper as well, and they can't outstall you with Leech Seed either so their only hope is Poison or Burn.

If you insist on a special attacking set, just give the Assault Vest to Goodra and replace Hydration with Sap Sipper and Rain Dance with something like Flamethrower.

Edited by Jess

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Goodra is awesome if you use it as a wall and not an all-out attacker. Breed Acid Armor, or even better, Curse on it, and you can then run Power whip, outrage, aqua tail and have a very versatile attacker that is too bulky as well.

You can also give it Iron Tail to deal with fairies or fire punch to deal with steel types.

I think it is better as an attack oriented bulky set up hitter. Let it have Sap Sipper as well, and they can't outstall you with Leech Seed either so their only hope is Poison or Burn.

If you insist on a special attacking set, just give the Assault Vest to Goodra and replace Hydration with Sap Sipper and Rain Dance with something like Flamethrower.

Didn't know Assault Vest was available yet, I think I'm gonna use that. I was dropping the rain dance thing anyway.

Just now, Seal said:

Didn't know Assault Vest was available yet, I think I'm gonna use that. I was dropping the rain dance thing anyway.

It is, but you need to have upgraded the Railnet I think... If you got your Goodra by getting it traded to you, get the right upgrade and collect it from where the underground railnet is.

If not then, I guess you have to get an Assault Vest traded to you as a held item via online trading... :(