Version 9 - The City of Mystery

Jan

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just finished v9 and NEED to write this post. Jan (and Zumi and all of the other guys), you've made an excellent job. Everytime I play these games I'm overwhelmed by how much care you put in creating them, by how the story can be so intriguing (it's just like watching a movie); I really think this game should be sold everywhere because the quality is so damn higher than the original pokemon games, Nintendo wouldn't stand a chance. Everytime I find a pokemon fan I try to get'em play this game (I live in Italy and people don't know english well, that's the main problem): no one ever was disappointed.

The new chapter of the story was quite interesting, as always it just seems too short (WE NEED TO KNOW THINGS LOL), but also the sidequests in grand dream help center were amazing, I was captured by them just as if they were part of the original plot.

As I went on through my new adventure (had already played v8) I was amazed by how everything had been recreated, remodelled, and was so cool. It had been a long wait, but it was definitely worth it.

What can I say, you guys are great, can't wait for the next ep. THANKS A LOT.

An italian fan

what?? So it isn't available? I was trying that puzzle so many days ago saw it disappearing.....so it's not a wild...it maybe hers

so real talk why on earth are  shadow mewtwo and giritina still are able to do anything when you first encounter them and make them faint in battle

Edited by nepeta100

Depends on where you are at the moment. I chose Vileplume for the grass/poison typing and kind of balance in def and spdef, leavanny is gud but dies becoz of multiple ultra weaknesses. I guess Tsareena would be gud. Roserade too.

1 minute ago, FairFamily said:

Is there actually a reward for doing the last room of Venam's gym differently? I got the first one right but I wonder if it is worth the hassle.

You get a Seviper egg and some hidden items, also if you find the secret before getting Venam's badge you get some special dialogue.

24 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

You get a Seviper egg and some hidden items, also if you find the secret before getting Venam's badge you get some special dialogue.

There is also a zygarde cell there,but it only appears after deafeting her and starting the quest

On 7/3/2017 at 8:57 AM, Sceptilespy said:

Can anyone name a few solid grass types in the game seeing as I'm having trouble finding one?

You can have access to many at the beginning:

-Budew -> Roserade (east gearen)

-Oddish -> Vileplume (hotel)

-Bellsprout -> Victreebel (gearen park)

-Pansage -> Simisage (gearen park)

-Fomantis -> Lurantis (gearen park)

-Sewaddle -> Leavanny (gift)

All are good grass type Pokemon.

Edited by Aboodie

16 hours ago, Aboodie said:

You can have access to many at the beginning:

-Budew -> Roserade (east gearen)

-Oddish -> Vileplume (hotel)

-Bellsprout -> Victreebel (gearen park)

-Pansage -> Simisage (gearen park)

-Fomantis -> Lurantis (gearen park)

-Sewaddle -> Leavanny (gift)

All are good grass type Pokemon.

Ok thanks, I was looking for something like this.

10 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Ok thanks, I was looking for something like this.

Anytime.

There is a few more others later on game, but I guess those would do for now (:

1 hour ago, Phoenix2345 said:

I plan on to have a grass type in my team so i wanna know whether decidueye(Not as a starter..the one from the mossy grove) is good enough or are there any better ones?

It is good, also there is Ludicolo, Trevenant, Amoonguss, Lilligant, and Leavanny.

Edited by Aboodie

You might only want to look if you've completed the "Missing Children" thing. 

Spoiler

So, I was scrolling through the graphics folder, and if you scroll through the graphics folder, and click "Transitions", and scroll all the way down. You see Ana's "VS." sprite. Wonder what's in store for us in V10 huh?

• Global Mods
53 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

You might only want to look if you've completed the "Missing Children" thing. 

Reveal hidden contents

So, I was scrolling through the graphics folder, and if you scroll through the graphics folder, and click "Transitions", and scroll all the way down. You see Ana's "VS." sprite. Wonder what's in store for us in V10 huh?

If you use the password 9494 at the beginning of the game when Amanda asks about passwords, you can play as Ana. The one with no eyes is the default appearance, and the one with eyes is the outfit you change into at Professor Irvin's house.

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Hide contents

If you use the password 9494 at the beginning of the game when Amanda asks about passwords, you can play as Ana. The one with no eyes is the default appearance, and the one with eyes is the outfit you change into at Professor Irvin's house.

Spoiler

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I HAD NO IDEA. 

But is there any way you'd find out about these passwords except on the forums?

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I HAD NO IDEA. 

But is there any way you'd find out about these passwords except on the forums?

There aren't any hints in-game, so the only ways to know would either be from the forums or RPG Maker. I found the Ana password in RPG Maker. Someone said there was a thread where another user gave the password, but I couldn't find that thread so I opened the intro scene.