My next Monotype

Zellorea

My next Monotype  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Ice or Ghost?

• Ghost!
    • Ice!
    • Both!

Hey guys! It's me, Zell. You may have seen my Psychic monotype in the Team showcase. And while that isn't fully posted, I have currently completed it. With Adrienn crushed, I want to know what I should do next. Since electric was stolen I have been considering what type to do next (This will be posted) Originally I was thinking of Ghost,  but then someone who shall not be named  suggested Ice. So I'm at an impasse. I am leaning towards ghost, but lets see. Lets leave it to this poll! (BTW, my psychic monotype should be updating today) 

Edited by Zellorea

3 minutes ago, Zarc said:

honestly , do want you want man , if you like ghost pokemons then try it. 

I'm indecisive. So I'm leaving it to a vote. Ice is my favorite type, but some of my favorite pokemon are ghosts. If I were to put it into a numeric thing of what I want to do more, ghost would only be higher than ice by 0.05. So I don't feel comfortable choosing ghost over ice when the difference is that huge. 

Edited by Zellorea

1 minute ago, Zarc said:

then what about do both types ? 3 ghost pokemons and 3 ices pokemons :) 

Because it'd be more of a challenge (At least in my eyes) to do just one... Eh I'll add it to the poll XD

24 Hours have passed!

Any future votes will not be accounted for. So with 2.5x more votes than the other... Ghost will be the next monotype I am doing! With 10 votes to Ice's 4 votes!

19 minutes ago, Zarc said:

@Zellorea if you need some ghosts mons i can help you , otherwise it's better you use sandbox 

Duh, already going to be using sandbox. I'm planning story things for this playthrough (Like the ground monotype that's going on) And I'll be starting with three ghosts. (I've also been considering using a mega pokemon, but only after a certain point, and that mon would have a ton of disadvantages. Like it always must be 3 levels under the level cap, and I can't heal it, stuff like that. Until I deem a suitable balance, or I might just not)

1 minute ago, Zarc said:

okay ! Good luck anyway ! 

Thanks! (Btw, Sandbox is only going to be used for Ev training and the first three mons) Also, do you think I should do the mega thing (Of course with a few disadvantages to do a power scale) I've been debating it.

1 minute ago, Zarc said:

i think you should use it but after a certain point like you said 

Yeah, the points I've been thinking are either: After beating Shades gym (Where being in the presence of a ghost master, some of the energy seeps into the pokemon that will be able to mega evolve) or during the Solaris fight (First one)

6 minutes ago, Jess said:

On a scale of 0 to OVER 9000, how game breaking would it be to use Shedinja as a starter? Especially for the first few Gyms!

It is potentially good for the first three gyms, but it kind of loses its strength in the next gyms due to the occurrence of coverage moves and its attack becomes considered meager in the presence of better mons.

6 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

It is potentially good for the first three gyms, but it kind of loses its strength in the next gyms due to the occurrence of coverage moves and its attack becomes considered meager in the presence of better mons.

Its coverage moves are OK, got Dig, Shadow Sneak, Metal Claw, Phantom Force, Night Slash and can add utility with Spite/Confuse Ray/Heal Block. It was a godsend for me vs Serra in my Bug mono, since, after ensuring that Snow Warning Aurorus was down and hail expired, I could stall kill like 2 of her mons and significantly weaken Froslass on switch in as well.

The main issue is its god-awful Speed... But with such an ability, it would be OP if its speed was great too. But another priority move wouldn't hurt to have.

Edited by Jess

10 minutes ago, Jess said:

Its coverage moves are OK, got Dig, Shadow Sneak, Metal Claw, Phantom Force, Night Slash and can add utility with Spite/Confuse Ray/Heal Block. It was a godsend for me vs Serra in my Bug mono, since, after ensuring that Snow Warning Aurorus was down and hail expired, I could stall kill like 2 of her mons and significantly weaken Froslass on switch in as well.

The main issue is its god-awful Speed... But with such an ability, it would be OP if its speed was great too. But another priority move wouldn't hurt to have.

Well, I've only used Shedinja once against Valarie, sure it helped me win the match, but it was hard to actually KO her mons at that version since they were mostly bulky and I only used offensive moves, so that's maybe why I don't appreciate it that much; seeing how you've described it, it does sound quite cool and I agree that it would be nice if it had better speed and might as well include better attack in, I suppose.