Zellorea

My next Monotype  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Ice or Ghost?

• Ghost!
    • Ice!
    • Both!

2 hours ago, Jess said:

On a scale of 0 to OVER 9000, how game breaking would it be to use Shedinja as a starter? Especially for the first few Gyms!

Pretty sure either Emolga carries acrobatics or Bitzle carries Flame Charge. Florina can either set up a sandstorm or poison or leech seed you. Plus, her Cradily has Smack Down I believe. But if it out speeds, then it could be game breaking.

2 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Pretty sure either Emolga carries acrobatics or Bitzle carries Flame Charge. Florina can either set up a sandstorm or poison or leech seed you. Plus, her Cradily has Smack Down I believe. But if it out speeds, then it could be game breaking.

Well, gotta avoid supereffective moves and entry hazards. Julia's two voltorbs and Helioptile can do nothing vs Shedinja. So, you can easily waste Julia's potions as you set up with Silver Wind or something. Or, you can spam Spite/Sand attack/Mud Slap to get them to kill themselves through Struggle, or get their acc to -6 and switch in something that can use boosting moves, granting yourself an easy switch in. Florinia will be harder, indeed, forgot about Sandstorm/Leech Seed, but still, Maractus and Cacnea can do nothing to Shedinja, which can easily waste Florinia's potions this way. And don't forget the super-annoying Confuse Ray/Heal Block combo vs Cradily. Needs luck with RNG, but can just fuck up its stalling for 5 turns and then you can wear it down.

Brute force Shedinja never works, apart from using a Ghost Gem supereffective Shadow Sneak occasionally. As always, you need strategy.

Just now, Jess said:

Well, gotta avoid supereffective moves and entry hazards. Julia's two voltorbs and Helioptile can do nothing vs Shedinja. So, you can easily waste Julia's potions as you set up with Silver Wind or something. Or, you can spam Spite/Sand attack/Mud Slap to get them to kill themselves through Struggle, or get their acc to -6 and switch in something that can use boosting moves, granting yourself an easy switch in. Florinia will be harder, indeed, forgot about Sandstorm/Leech Seed, but still, Maractus and Cacnea can do nothing to Shedinja, which can easily waste Florinia's potions this way. And don't forget the super-annoying Confuse Ray/Heal Block combo vs Cradily. Needs luck with RNG, but can just fuck up its stalling for 5 turns and then you can wear it down.

Brute force Shedinja never works, apart from using a Ghost Gem supereffective Shadow Sneak occasionally. As always, you need strategy.

Damn... I feel like I just lost a battle to you. xD Yea. You're right.

1 minute ago, Awesome_One said:

Damn... I feel like I just lost a battle to you. xD Yea. You're right.

I had honestly forgotten about Florinia's annoying Sandstorm and Leech Seed though... xD

Just now, Jess said:

I had honestly forgotten about Florinia's annoying Sandstorm and Leech Seed though... xD

Haha. It's cool. xD Now people can play safer if using Shedinja. Btw, why in the heck does Shedinja have ANY Defense or Special Defense stats? I never understood that.

Just now, Awesome_One said:

Haha. It's cool. xD Now people can play safer if using Shedinja. Btw, why in the heck does Shedinja have ANY Defense or Special Defense stats? I never understood that.

To make noobs invest EV in them for utility builds. 

No idea... It's a Pokemon mystery! Should've set them to 0 or 1 like its HP... Would've been more logical!

Just now, Awesome_One said:

Exactly! Haha.

It's like how none of my Bugs can learn Fly apart from Volcarona. Cause butterflies and dragonflies aren't able to fly. Game Freak logic xD

Wait wait. Vocvarona can learn Fly?!

Yes! Only Volcarona and (!?) Genesect from Bugs can learn Fly.

Edited by Jess

You mean those 6 orange things on his sides are wings?!

*Nods. And very beautiful too.

Fat yellow Barney aka Dragonite flies, I don't see why Volcarona wouldn't! xD

Just now, Jess said:

*Nods. And very beautiful too.

Fat yellow Barney aka Dragonite flies, I don't see why Volcarona wouldn't! xD

Lol. But his wings look like wings. I thought the orange things on its sides were just there to make it look more cool/pretty. xD

4 hours ago, Jess said:

On a scale of 0 to OVER 9000, how game breaking would it be to use Shedinja as a starter? Especially for the first few Gyms!

Over 9000. 

Which is why he will not be one of the three. I will get him when I am able to (So at byxbysion wasteland)

12 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

You should use Duskull, he's cute :) 

I agree, and I used Dusknoir in my main playthrough and loved it! But I can get him relatively early, so I decided against it.