Introducing the Squad

Revan

Please keep in mind, I don't plan to replace any of these. This is a collection of my favorite Pokemon. However, I am open to suggestions on movesets and stuff like that. I didn't include held items, because most of them don't have any. Funky Gunky has a poison barb, and that's about it.

Here we go.

1: Toxicroak "Funky Gunky" Level 61

Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, Sucker Punch, Bulk Up

My main focus for Funky Gunky is a fast, adaptable sweeper, with decent coverage. I'm considering dropping bulk up. For what, though? Her ability is poison touch.

2: Swoobat "Swoobie Doo" Level 55

Psychic, Charge Beam, Air Cutter, Air Slash

He's a specialized sweeper. I usually have him run first, but I recently obtained Funky Gunky. So, he runs second. He deals with fighting types, poison types, and multiple enemies. His ability is Unaware.

3: Electivire "Sparks" Level 50

Electro Ball, Discharge, Rock Smash, Thunderpunch.

Her ability is motor drive. Since I just got her, I don't know much on how great she is. All I know is that she hasn't failed me. No roles yet.

4: Arcanine "Flame Pupper" Level 58

Revenge, Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Close Combat.

Her ability is flash fire. She deals with steal, rock and normal types.

5: Golem "Rock n' Roll" Level 54

Strength, Stone Edge, Explosion, Earthquake

Her ability is sturdy. She's a tank, and can hold her own. 

6: Charizard "Helios" Level 57

Cut, Flamethrower, Wing Attack, Shadow Claw

Helios is my boy. He deals with anything I feel like having him deal with. His ability is Solar Powered.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you.

First of all, I really like your team! I respect that you stick with your favorites.

Anyways, I do have some suggestions:

Spoiler

- I highly recommend that you change Swoobat's Ability to Simple with an Ability Capsule and Re-Teach it Calm Mind with the Move Re-Learner (for a Heart Scale). This would replace Air Cutter.

- I also recommend that you replace Electro Ball with Fire Punch (you have to Re-Teach with a Heart Scale) and potentially replace Rock Smash with Low Kick (once again, you have to Re-

Teach this with a Heart Scale).

~ Also, if I may ask, what are the IVs on your Electrevire. I beneficial Hidden Power might help to spice up the move variety. Also, what is Elective's nature? Its role can be the that it is the Pokemon that breaks through bulky 'Pokes with both Physical and Special Attacks.

- I also recommend that you Re-Teach your Arcanine Extreme-Speed and Thunder Fang (keep Flamethrower and Close Combat in your Move Set)

- I also recommend that you Re-Teach Stealth Rocks to Golem over Strength because it never hurts to have those out on the Field.

- I also recommend that you replace Cut with Heat Wave (Re-Teach), as this Move helps with changing Fields. 

~ What are the IVs on your Charizard? Once again, a beneficial Hidden Power would be nice.

I would replace some stuff:

Charizard: Assuming you can't change cut i would suggest to change Shadow Claw for Earthquake, so you can deal with the Rock Pokémon that can deal 4x on Charizard... Bulldoze is also a great option and you can get it in the game as a reward...

Arcanine: I would replace Revenge for Crunch and Close Combat for Outrage

Electrivire: Electro Ball for Thunder or Thunderbolt

Swoobat: Charge Bean for Assurance

Toxicroak: Gunk Shot for Poison Jab

Those are my opinions! :D 

Remember that you can remove HM moves whenever you want, so there's no need to have them as permanent parts of the moveset.

You've got some decent coverage, although Ground Types can do a number on four of your Pokémon, while Charizard and Swoobat have nothing to counter them with. I know you said you're not planning to switch anything out, but you might want to get a Water Type anyway, since you'll have to use the Water HMs a lot later on.

As for suggestions:

Toxicroak looks good; Poison Jab would be more accurate than Gunk Shot, but that's a matter of preference. Bulk Up isn't a bad boosting move, but if you really want you could replace it with Bulldoze or one of the Elemental Punches later on. For now Toxicroak doesn't really get anything better.

Swoobat can combine the ability Simple with Calm Mind for doubled SpAtk and SpDef after just one turn. That should improve his offense and staying power quite a bit.

Electivire wants some more coverage. Fire Punch is available via Move Relearner and Brick Break should show up soon. Electric Field (also from the Move Relearner) is also an option, to gimp enemies' strategies.

Arcanine gets Extreme Speed which is always worth consideration. You've already got Sucker Punch on Toxicroak, but ES is just a little more reliable. Crunch would be an option for Ghost and Psychic Types - the latter in particular Toxicroak doesn't like to go up against.

Golem seems fine, aside from Strength. Potential replacements could be Bulldoze, Stealth Rock, Heavy Slam or maybe even Nature Power.

Charizard wants Air Cutter over Wing Attack, available from the Move Relearner. Heat Wave is a little more powerful than Flamethrower and hits both enemies in Doubles, but is also less accurate. Its biggest plus over Flamethrower is probably being able to set a Burning Field and to melt Icy Field and Snowy Mountain. The last two moveslots can be situational TMs, it gets a decent bunch of them.

5 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Heat Wave is a little more powerful than Flamethrower and hits both enemies in Doubles, but is also less accurate. Its biggest plus over Flamethrower is probably being able to set a Burning Field and to melt Icy Field and Snowy Mountain. The last two moveslots can be situational TMs, it gets a decent bunch of them.

Also, if you give Charizard the Wide Lens, then the accuracy of Air Cutter will get to 100% and of Heat Wave up to 99%, which makes it have zero disadvantages vs Flamethrower (unless you find an opponent using Wide Guard, which is highly unlikely!).

45 minutes ago, ShadowStar said:

First of all, I really like your team! I respect that you stick with your favorites.

Anyways, I do have some suggestions:

Hide contents

- I highly recommend that you change Swoobat's Ability to Simple with an Ability Capsule and Re-Teach it Calm Mind with the Move Re-Learner (for a Heart Scale). This would replace Air Cutter.

- I also recommend that you replace Electro Ball with Fire Punch (you have to Re-Teach with a Heart Scale) and potentially replace Rock Smash with Low Kick (once again, you have to Re-

Teach this with a Heart Scale).

~ Also, if I may ask, what are the IVs on your Electrevire. I beneficial Hidden Power might help to spice up the move variety. Also, what is Elective's nature? Its role can be the that it is the Pokemon that breaks through bulky 'Pokes with both Physical and Special Attacks.

- I also recommend that you Re-Teach your Arcanine Extreme-Speed and Thunder Fang (keep Flamethrower and Close Combat in your Move Set)

- I also recommend that you Re-Teach Stealth Rocks to Golem over Strength because it never hurts to have those out on the Field.

- I also recommend that you replace Cut with Heat Wave (Re-Teach), as this Move helps with changing Fields. 

~ What are the IVs on your Charizard? Once again, a beneficial Hidden Power would be nice.

Thanks for the suggestions. Electivire's IVs are 31, 22, 27, 24, 15 and 9. Her nature is calm.

Charizard's are 22, 17, 2, 12, 2 and 9.

40 minutes ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Remember that you can remove HM moves whenever you want, so there's no need to have them as permanent parts of the moveset.

You've got some decent coverage, although Ground Types can do a number on four of your Pokémon, while Charizard and Swoobat have nothing to counter them with. I know you said you're not planning to switch anything out, but you might want to get a Water Type anyway, since you'll have to use the Water HMs a lot later on.

As for suggestions:

Toxicroak looks good; Poison Jab would be more accurate than Gunk Shot, but that's a matter of preference. Bulk Up isn't a bad boosting move, but if you really want you could replace it with Bulldoze or one of the Elemental Punches later on. For now Toxicroak doesn't really get anything better.

Swoobat can combine the ability Simple with Calm Mind for doubled SpAtk and SpDef after just one turn. That should improve his offense and staying power quite a bit.

Electivire wants some more coverage. Fire Punch is available via Move Relearner and Brick Break should show up soon. Electric Field (also from the Move Relearner) is also an option, to gimp enemies' strategies.

Arcanine gets Extreme Speed which is always worth consideration. You've already got Sucker Punch on Toxicroak, but ES is just a little more reliable. Crunch would be an option for Ghost and Psychic Types - the latter in particular Toxicroak doesn't like to go up against.

Golem seems fine, aside from Strength. Potential replacements could be Bulldoze, Stealth Rock, Heavy Slam or maybe even Nature Power.

Charizard wants Air Cutter over Wing Attack, available from the Move Relearner. Heat Wave is a little more powerful than Flamethrower and hits both enemies in Doubles, but is also less accurate. Its biggest plus over Flamethrower is probably being able to set a Burning Field and to melt Icy Field and Snowy Mountain. The last two moveslots can be situational TMs, it gets a decent bunch of them.

My favorite water type is Feraligatr. Do you know where I can get one? Other than a starter, obviously. 

24 minutes ago, Revan said:

My favorite water type is Feraligatr. Do you know where I can get one? Other than a starter, obviously. 

Totodile unfortunately needs all three Water HMs to get as far as I know, so that's not gonna help.

You can look here for any other Pokémon you might like:

You can go through the parts that require Surf&Co with just an HM Slave; the only troublesome Boss fight along the way lets you switch out your team beforehand.. There are two mandatory Boss fights where you are forced to have something that learns Surf and Waterfall on your team, but they're managable; there's also one probably harder battle that's optional. You'd still have to give up one teamslot for a whole bunch of grunt battles though. Whichever Pokémon you left in the Box would miss out on a good chunk of Exp.

Edited by Gentleman Jaggi

3 hours ago, Atlas105 said:

I would just like to say that your nicknames are absolutely amazing.

Thanks, dude. 

5 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Totodile unfortunately needs all three Water HMs to get as far as I know, so that's not gonna help.

You can look here for any other Pokémon you might like:

You can go through the parts that require Surf&Co with just an HM Slave; the only troublesome Boss fight along the way lets you switch out your team beforehand.. There are two mandatory Boss fights where you are forced to have something that learns Surf and Waterfall on your team, but they're managable; there's also one probably harder battle that's optional. You'd still have to give up one teamslot for a whole bunch of grunt battles though. Whichever Pokémon you left in the Box would miss out on a good chunk of Exp.

No worries. I got a Feraligatr. It was traded to me.