Mono-egg group Dragon Prep

St0mpa

Hello everyone I'm Stompa and this is me preping for my mono-egg group run. The egg group I am gonna try to run is dragon.

Charmander     y    Starter (can also be gotten late game)
Ekans               y    Opal ward, Beryl Ward, Beryl Cemetary, Route 1 (Night), Glitch City (Opal Ward, Byxbysion Wasteland)
Horsea             y    Ameritine Mountain (Good Rod)
Magikarp       ~N~
Dratini           ~N~
Treeko            y    Starter
Swablu            y    Headbuttable Trees (Aventurine Woods)
Seviper            y    Deepest part of Tanzan Cave (Event)
Feebas            y    Celestinine Mountain 4F
Bagon           ~N~
Gible             ~N~
Scraggy           y    Obsidia Slums Event. After Railnet.
Axew               mystery egg
Druddigon        y    Route 3 Caves
Deino            ~N~
Skrelp             y    Fish in Poisonous water (Azurine Island,Coral Ward, Good Rod)
Helioptile         y    Beryl Rooftop (Sunny Weather)
Tyrunt             y    Revive Jaw Fossil. Order of The Helix Fossil jobs or Circus games
Goomy            y    Renovate Slums

This is the list of all the pokemon in the dragon egg group and those locations listed are taken from Pokemon Location Guide v3. The ones marked with ~N~ are currently unavalible.

Now I made this post before doing the run and documenting it here so I could get some feedback on who is interested in my documentation, any recomendations on which of the starters is better to start with and any tips on documenting my progress.

Also if there is any locations of pokes that have been missed pls let me know.

~St0mpa

Edit1: forgot to add tags :P

Edit2: also can someone let me know what time of day you can get Ekans. Like if it was only night time or something.

Edited by St0mpa

Iirc, ekans can be found in the Opal Ward any time of day. 

The early and mid-game are going to be pretty difficult, but you should probably be able to do it. Ekans is pretty good in the early game due to paraflinching, and Treecko and Charmander are both great picks. Personally I'd go with Charmander, since grass has it pretty rough in the beginning and you don't have a lot of options early on, but both will serve you well. 

This is, of course, assuming you don't trade to get a fuller team at the start, which I don't think anyone would fault you for. 

13 hours ago, Orasha said:

Iirc, ekans can be found in the Opal Ward any time of day. 

The early and mid-game are going to be pretty difficult, but you should probably be able to do it. Ekans is pretty good in the early game due to paraflinching, and Treecko and Charmander are both great picks. Personally I'd go with Charmander, since grass has it pretty rough in the beginning and you don't have a lot of options early on, but both will serve you well. 

This is, of course, assuming you don't trade to get a fuller team at the start, which I don't think anyone would fault you for. 

OK thanks for this i will probobly try to use charmander as my starter because of dragons rage and to fill my team early I am probably going to use duplicuts of ekans (or as said bellow maybe noibat as well).

Though another thing is I may add the 2 dragon types not in the dragon egg group being Noibat and Trapinch (well evolve into a dragon for trapinch) if I am having issues.