Leon vs Reborn League

Leon

This is my main team and I like it very much, despite the mixed results. To be honest, I think it's more the player's fault than the Pokemon's. I'm a fairly new player, only been playing about a week now, and I think this team it the one that'll take me all the way! Feel free to comment/criticize/question me in your posts.

038.png

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drought

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Flamethrower

- Nasty Plot

- Protect

- Energy Ball

This is the core of the Sun aspect of my team, though my team is setup in a way that Sun is not required. In truth, I've even pulled through the rain and beat the all-too-common PoliDrizzle teams at times. Of course, no one person can win every bout and I've even mustered a few sweeps with Ninetails alone. Alas, the Ninetails' main function is to set up the Sun to deprive other teams of their weather and to give Charizard its epic Solar Power.

212.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

- Superpower

- Pursuit

Scizor? Scizor's place on my team is to fill the gap I'd have in my heart were he not there. Aside from being my favorite Pokemon, Scizor's power is enough to revenge kill most threats or tank an opposing attack, like the ever present Draco Meteor and Outrage.

196.png

Espeon (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Magic Bounce

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Signal Beam

- Psyshock

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ahh, Espeon.. The bane of that which I hate; Entry Hazards. If there is one thing I had to learn to counter in competitive play, it was the likes of those filthy rocks and spikes. Being a newcomer in a world full of pros, I had to find a way to combat the dirty scoundrels. Alas, Magic Bounce Espeon happened to be a blessing, not to mention Espeon is my favorite Eevee-loution.

006.png

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Solar Power

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Fire Blast

- AncientPower

- Air Slash

- Hidden Power [ice]

Charizard is my powerhouse in disguise. Due to people often underestimating Charizard, because they believe Volcarona, Venasaur, or Heatran to be the better choice, they become surprised by the Fire Blasts punching holes in their team left and right. With the Scarf, he's capable of outrunning an admirable amount of Pokemon that come up against him.

091.png

Cloyster (F) @ White Herb

Trait: Skill Link

EVs: 252 Atk / 160 Def / 96 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Icicle Spear

- Rock Blast

- Rapid Spin

- Shell Smash

I love Cloyster on this team and it is my designated Dragonite killer. Also, Cloyster is great for those fat special walls Jellicent, Chansey, Blissey, and all the others. Mostly being to lay waste to the likes of Substitute abusers and Dragons who don't know how to lie down and die, Cloyster is there to teach them obedience.

609.png

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Shadow Ball

- Hidden Power [ice]

- SolarBeam

- Overheat

Chandelure with Shadow Tag and Choice Scarf is my revenge killer without remorse for its enemies and only sticks around for the kill. That is, unless it's in the mood for a good sweep to clean up the house. Like Charizard, it packs Hidden Power Ice to deal with Dragons and EQ abusers.

Edited by Leon

• Administrators

I guess I'll say it before you get assaulted by the numerous people who tend to do this- we kind of need to have descriptions for each Pokemon and what they do for your team before we can say much about the team...

Also, welcome!

Also you need a poke to resummon sun. In douple and triples if you lose weather then its game over. Also in my experience rapid spin isn't a necessity for the league so replace it on closyter.

Well when I battled you, I noticed that you heavily depend on single battles. These day's people like Sigmund, Laura and etc do a hell of a ton of Triple/Double battles. So I'd suggest for Chandelure Heat wave and Hp (fighting). And i'd also ditch Ninetails for more of a better lead such as Politoad,Tyranitar or Ambipom,

Well, I sorta wish I had checked this sooner, as I've already battled Laura, but I am proud to say I've won my first battle. :) Also, I've added descriptions of each member's function in this team. Thank you all for the advice. I'll keep it in mind if I run against a wall in the League. Starting over wouldn't bother me too much, unless I'm stuck against Amaria. ^-^;