Rate my Team (Post Adrienn)

KindleofDreams

On 27.7.2017 at 2:38 PM, KindleofDreams said:

Questions: 

-I have this Lucario who (in the end) is going to have a set like..

Strength

ExtremeSpeed

Closecombat

SwordDance 

Was thinking of eventually removing Strength for another STAB but..he doesn't really learn many good steel moves.

What do you suggest?

You could breed for Bullet Punch; Iron Tail has unreliable accuracy and it semms Lucario doesn't get Iron Head, so BP is really your only Steel choice left.

Or use a second Fighting STAB I guess - Power-Up Punch is in its natural moveset, Brick Break via TM, Sky Uppercut and High Jump Kick by Breeding and Drain Punch from E16's move tutors.

On 27.7.2017 at 2:38 PM, KindleofDreams said:

I have a few alternatives to my mainsquad, mostly Water or Grass types. 

Can you give me an idea of what my squad is lacking atm (type wise). Lets say..roughly up to Noel?

A few of the pokemon I have are (with 5 x 31 IV in the rightplaces) :

Around that point is where Serperior really gets going, thanks to Contrary Leafstorm. It is kind of a one trick pony however, especially if you don't breed for Dragon Pulse and/or a good Hidden Power.

Just beat Noel..
Damn that clefable being as annoying as ever. Had to literally stall that thing out..with burning grass (not that it helped much except reduce the heal abit).

Switched around 4 Mons to get through to her. Didnt get any crits either. So that totally blew:P

@Jaggi

I think I can get Metal Claw or something on it..

I was going for 

Extremespeed

Sworddance

Close Combat

Steel move for Lucario.

I dont think my Snivy has dragonpulse but Ill have to double check. --> Checked..no Dragon Pulse.

Also..Edited the mainteam

Question:

What should I grab from the rocks the most?

So far I got a few fossils. Quite a few Heartscales and some elemental stones I needed to evolve some mons with.

Other things I should look out for or just farm Heartscales?

I know that a psychic leader is coming up. So I'm currently also leveling a Bisharp. 

Its set is going to be 

Sword Dance /  Sucker Punch / Night Slash/ Iron head.  Should be a pretty decent mon.

Thoughts?

Edited by KindleofDreams

57 minutes ago, KindleofDreams said:

Just beat Noel..
Damn that clefable being as annoying as ever. Had to literally stall that thing out..with burning grass (not that it helped much except reduce the heal abit).

Switched around 4 Mons to get through to her. Didnt get any crits either. So that totally blew:P

@Jaggi

I was going for 

Extremespeed

Sworddance

Close Combat

Steel move for Lucario.

I dont think my Snivy has dragonpulse but Ill have to double check. --> Checked..no Dragon Pulse.

Also..Edited the mainteam

Question:

What should I grab from the rocks the most?

So far I got a few fossils. Quite a few Heartscales and some elemental stones I needed to evolve some mons with.

Other things I should look out for or just farm Heartscales?

I know that a psychic leader is coming up. So I'm currently also leveling a Bisharp. 

Its set is going to be 

Sword Dance /  Sucker Punch / Night Slash/ Iron head.  Should be a pretty decent mon.

Thoughts?

You can try to get all the fossils that are available in the stones, also the plates to power up specific types are pretty good. The evolution stones are obtainable later in the game through the department store, so I would just aim for specific ones you know you need.

For the Heartscales: You can later on farm Luvdiscs for the Heartscales, so thats not such a high priority like otherwise unobtainable items like the fossils.

Edited by Fut

3 hours ago, KindleofDreams said:

@Jaggi

I was going for 

Extremespeed

Sworddance

Close Combat

Steel move for Lucario.

Metal Claw has 50 BP, only slightly more than Bullet Punch; an attack with such low BP and no effect to it in general just isn't useful that far into the game.

There's little point to it - Steel is super effective against Rock, Ice and Fairy. The first two are also covered by fighting, leaving only Fairy. A STAB Metal Claw against a pure Fairy Type would have 150 BP - the same as a neutral STAB Earthquake and less than neutral STAB Fire Blast or Hydropump.

If you want a Steel STAB you should go for something better than Metal Claw, otherwise use the fourth moveslot for more coverage.

The best things to mine for are Heartscales, Shards and (Max) Revives. Imo the best fossils are available via ingame events, so mining for fossils is only worth it if you really want a particular one.

Heartscales can farmed from wild Luvdiscs, but the ones you pick up from mining should be enough, as long as you don't plan to relearn a dozen moves.

For the moment,keep gothitelle.It will help you in the next gym.You can also use metagross to replace it.Keep at least a psychic pokemon because 3 of your pokemons are weak to fighting.

If you want to keep crunch in electross,you can relearn it coil.

A mismagimus will be a good choice.If you can breed it nasty plot,it will be very powerful.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to give some recommendation if you want to replace any of them.

Ludicolo: 4x resistance to water type moves and also takes neutral damage from ice type moves.With ability rain dish and holding  leftovers,you can use giga drain,enery ball,surf and nature power.So,you won't have to worry about water types carrying ice moves.

Kingdra: also 4x resistance to water and takes neutral damage from ice type moves.

Mamoswine: If you want to replace torterra,this mon is perfect.Breed for icicle crash,has thick fat ability,and also has earthquake,ice shard for priority.

Metagross: It's a good replacement for gothitelle.With zen headbutt,meteor smash,bullet punch and hammer arm,it is really useful.

Blaziken: speed boost ability.Holding wide lens,with moves like high jump kick,shadow claw,blaze kick and bulk up it can be useful for Titania.But you don't need it for now.

The next gym leader is not Amaria.So don't worry about that.You already have pokemons to easily take care of the next gym leader.

Edited by Yagami

On 19-8-2017 at 9:06 AM, Yagami said:

I am going to give some recommendation if you want to replace any of them.

Ludicolo: 4x resistance to water type moves and also takes neutral damage from ice type moves.With ability rain dish and holding  leftovers,you can use giga drain,enery ball,surf and nature power.So,you won't have to worry about water types carrying ice moves.

Kingdra: also 4x resistance to water and takes neutral damage from ice type moves.

Mamoswine: If you want to replace torterra,this mon is perfect.Breed for icicle crash,has thick fat ability,and also has earthquake,ice shard for priority.

Metagross: It's a good replacement for gothitelle.With zen headbutt,meteor smash,bullet punch and hammer arm,it is really useful.

Blaziken: speed boost ability.Holding wide lens,with moves like high jump kick,shadow claw,blaze kick and bulk up it can be useful for Titania.But you don't need it for now.

The next gym leader is not Amaria.So don't worry about that.You already have pokemons to easily take care of the next gym leader.

I have a 31 IV horsea, it only has 0 speed IV's...so I have to rebreed that.
I do like Mamoswine, so I'm going to look out for that.
Also..Still have to get the beldum so that also gives me something to do:p

Edit:

Is there an EV guide?

Edited by KindleofDreams

1 hour ago, KindleofDreams said:

I have a 31 IV horsea, it only has 0 speed IV's...so I have to rebreed that.
I do like Mamoswine, so I'm going to look out for that.
Also..Still have to get the beldum so that also gives me something to do:p

Edit:

Is there an EV guide?

Found an EV guide.Also you will need a dragon scale to evolve seadra.

Well. I fully EV'trained my Blaziken (He still needs 30 levels to be level 80 but hey,...a 4hp/252atk/252 speed spread is nice.

Was thinking of getting a Frillish or Honedge. I think they'll do well for my squad.

I know where to get a Frillish but I havent seen a place where I could get a honedge.

Am I missing something? 

Just now, KindleofDreams said:

Well. I fully EV'trained my Blaziken (He still needs 30 levels to be level 80 but hey,...a 4hp/252atk/252 speed spread is nice.

Was thinking of getting a Frillish or Honedge. I think they'll do well for my squad.

I know where to get a Frillish but I havent seen a place where I could get a honedge.

Am I missing something? 

Frillish is a mystery egg possability. Honedge is unobtainable.

• 5 weeks later...

Bump.

So I am currently leveling a Gligar & Beldum.

IV training them as we go.

I'm unsure on what set to run on Gliscor tbh.

I was thinking something like.

Gliscor - Poison Heal + Toxic Orb

Knock off

SwordDance

Fang

Fang 

If I'd go for like..a SD boosting variant.

However..

Gliscors only STAB is Acrobatics.

I could get acrobatics but then I wouldnt be running Toxic Orb.

Another set I was thinking off.

U-Turn

Knock Off

Fang 

Fang 

Without the SD and possibly Acrobatics if I decide not to run toxic orb on it.

Are there sets that I;m missing or are potentially better? or is Gliscor just not that great.

Edit: 

Another question. 

I've been breeding quite a bunch of eevee's. Enough to make a decent IV Evee of everykind of Eeveelution.

However...What eeveelutions are really great in Reborn?

Edited by KindleofDreams

I dunno about Gliscor, it suffers a lot from not having Earthquake I think. I guess Bulldoze would be ok...maybe someone else has a suggestion. 

As far as Eeveelutions go, Sylveon comes to mind first (Pixilate Hyper Voice for days!) Espeon and Jolteon are effective attackers, and if you prefer a defensive technique Umbreon could be good I think. 

Really it's a matter of what type you're looking to cover I think

20 hours ago, EndearingCharacterTrait said:

I dunno about Gliscor, it suffers a lot from not having Earthquake I think. I guess Bulldoze would be ok...maybe someone else has a suggestion. 

As far as Eeveelutions go, Sylveon comes to mind first (Pixilate Hyper Voice for days!) Espeon and Jolteon are effective attackers, and if you prefer a defensive technique Umbreon could be good I think. 

Really it's a matter of what type you're looking to cover I think

well I think I only have Titania and the Fairy leader left for now. 

Both types to which my team is somewhat lacking.

Hence I've trained a Blaziken + Metagross and im just switching around my team because of this OR because I dont like my current team

(i.e I'm currently training a magnemite to replace my Eleektross)