3x3 in general thread

Cyrus

Since we haven't had a thread made by me in a while. I think I should make a new one since I see so many new people around here. I think most of you are aware of what a 3x3 is, right? If not, it's basically a set of 3 pictures usually in a 300x300 size, though you can adjust and make things pretty if you are good enough. Though, this is used to see what kind of tastes everyone has and to see how shit their taste is, Anyways, this is going to be a thread in general of what are basically what people's 9 favorite things in media are, by media I mean anything. Like music, movies, tv, anime, manga, and vidya. Though I would like to explain why you people chose so and so also since explanations are really nice. Though since I am about to pass out. I'll post my explanations on why I love these so much when I wake up. If you have trouble, try to see guides or something. Anyways, I'll start things off with mine.

xelzkj.jpg

Since Amethyst did tags, I guess I'll do some too.

1.1: Between the Buried and Me-Colors This album is fucking genius, the way it's set up as a single song gives you a reason to listen to all of it. This album is the master of transitions also, for being able to transition into a totally different mood easily without feeling forced. The sound is natural this way. The lyricism here is very subtle in it's metaphors. But it's social commentary of the negativity of human ways. This is complimented by the rough screams that the vocalist brings, but the switch the a very melodic soothing voice is surprising, yet beautiful. Simply put, Colors is a masterpiece and probably the greatest thing I have ever found that can be called art.

1.2 The Big Lebowski I really need to rewatch it. This is on here due to the sheer memorability to it. That is what makes this movie so legendary, it sticks out. The quotes, the characters, the moments. All of it sets out of your mind. The Dude himself isn't much, but what he does is simply the status of god. Mostly due to what he says and his overall natural personality getting stuck to the absurd situation this movie brings. Overall memorable film and a must-watch for anyone.

1.3Hidamari Sketch: I'm more talking about Hoshimittsu, but the whole show in general is amazing. Though it is just cute girls doing cute things. The main thing is that it excels in it. The characters are characterized well and are all given some personality then just being moe blobs. The show is also pretty damn funny, mostly carried by the wacky Miyako, though each member does actually have their share of funny moments. But the number one thing that makes me love this show is the pacing/execution. It's done so well, everything is fit in without being rushed, but without being a bore. It does it so perfect and it leaves me a smile through every single episode of the show. If you like cute girls, then this is probably the best thing to watch.

2.1 Aria the Origination: Just fucking watch it, but watch the first two seasons first. It's too beautiful explain but I'll try. The way this show is, it's beautiful. The OST is emotional, yet not forced. The characters are developed and characterized. It has a strong sense of emotion without even trying to do it. Everything about it is simply breath taking. Though it's not that good of an explanation , you should really watch it.

2.2 Fallout 3: The world engulfs me, simply put. I am absorbed into this wasteland and it gives me motive to explore all the secrets, meet the people, and kill the creatures that walk. I have seen no other game pull me in like that, so there.

2.3 YKK Greatest manga ever for the same reasons Aria is except it takes things up and give the world a whole new meaning. The mysteries around it are stunning, you wonder what happened to it but you get hints by the setting. It's basically Aria on a greater scale and a better focus on the main character, though the lack of OST and emotional impact is not there. Still is a beautiful piece of art.

3.1 Louie: This show is hilarious, it's well edited and the positive kind of awkward. Though the best thing about it is the best thing about all good comedy and that is the execution of jokes, he conveys his ideas hilariously and really doesn't give a shit about anyone. It's just him living his daily life with a hardcore sense of awkwardness and hilarity to it. Greatest modern show ever.

3.2 Funeral Nothing really to say, just listen to it.

3.3 Monty Python and the Holy Grail, combine Louie and Big Lebowksi's reasoning and put it on to this.

LET IT BEGIN.

• Administrators

I thought he explained it pretty well...

tl;dr- find 9 pictures of things you like and organize them into a 3x3 square...thing.

I'll do this sometime maybe idk

I know I should of, but I wanted to do something that everyone can be apart of, so that is why I chose media in general. Because everyone has their favorite set of anime, manga, tv, games, movies, and music. We could just switch it out every 5 days or something. This is just something to get everyone started on the concept and shit.

• Administrators

Hit me, baby.

threethree.png

1,1: Rozen Maiden- Suigintou. If you've been here for any length of time and are surprised by this, then I worry deeply for your mental ability.She's in my avatars all the time, probably because she's the most gorgeous sdhjbfjhdbfkajsgre.f

hi.

1,2: Emilie Autumn- Musician, poet, author, brilliant lovely person. She is both my favorite artist and writer, and I'm kind of a little bit obsessed with the Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls (which is going to be a musical! ekusdbkhjbbkhrbfjdhc.)

1,3: Black Butler- So, I watched this at first and was like, meh. Then I watched it more, and kinda liked it. Then after not watching it or doing anything at all related to it for months, I realised this is actually one of my favorite shows, and then in the past week, for no particular reason I've been like fangirling over it so idek. Angela/ashe = amazing character(s?) or maybe im just biased because lolspoilers

the whole bigender thing combined with my whole apparent fetish for mal-intentioned angels

and they're pretty and aibjfhdfj

2,1: Narcissu- It's a visual novel that has had a profound effect on my perception and life. It's wonderfully paced, beautifully written, and you should stop reading this and go read that instead.

2,2: Baten Kaitos- Great game, fantastic graphics, fantastic plot very fun to play. Oh, and Melodia is like the best character in any video game and her voice is so cute and she is so cute and legit spoiler

her efforts to kill everyone and everything in the world

are so cute rexdtrcyvtbuh

2,3: Pandora Hearts- The manga, if at all possible. This is the Will of the Abyss, another totally gorgeous character are we realising a pattern does that make me shallow I think that makes me shallow, also she's completely psycho which is also a huge plus for me i know im bad okay shh cvyguhbnj

3,1: Tales of Symphonia- I grew up with this game, and it was always a good, fun game. I also grew up with a friend who thought that Colette, pictured, was a useless annoying ditz, and we made fun of her constantly. and then something weird happened and she actually became my favorite character by farfarfar? It probably has something to do with the whole angel transformation/sacrifice thing .... i have a problem, dont I.

3,2: Alice in Wonderland- The book more than any movie or spin-off, but just the whole world/concept as a whole and there is no shortage of brilliant one-liners not only in and stemming from caroll's work and oh rozen maiden and pandora hearts are both highly influenced by this so i cant not like it.

3,3: Sabrina, Pokemon- Well if you're on this site you probably already know her story. You would think that being that I run a pokemon site, it would be one of the first things I include but I actually wasn't going to until I remember Sabrina. She's been my favorite character since I was about um six, and dolls are super cute play with me forever okay?okay.

...So I realised while doing this, that 4/9 of these feature angels, 4/9 of them feature white hair (incidentally, largely crossing over the with the angel population), and 4/9 of them feature dolls.I um. hm.