Help to pick a mega for E17

TY97mus

Some of you may think that this would make the game less hardcore or favor my side more. But trying out mega evolution is the sole reason why I look for fangames at the first place because I can't afford a 3ds and I can't find an emulator that works on my laptop. I had already tried out Mega Aggron in Rejuvenation and I feel like I should use a different one in Reborn.

My core and rotation team right now consists of: Greninja, Crobat, Cofagrigus, Golurk, Gogoat, Absol, Liepard, Pyroar, Teddiursa and Swanna

Which of the following pokemon should I use the mega form of: Alakazam, Gallade, Camerupt or Manectric

*I don't see much people discuss about using mega around so if this thread is not allowed please let me know. Thank you

Gardevoir. one of the Forum Champsm it's already found its way into a lot of teams. the Opera singer of Death will most likely be one of the stronger mons you can obtain overall (and knowing Ame loves Gardevoir, she'll most likely not put it too out of reach yet)

Gonna vote for the under... camel... thing. Camerupt hits like a monster truck on steroids being driven by a Snorlax - Sheer Force + 145 base SpA + 120 base Atk + arguably the best dual STABs available outside of fakemons and Protean? Dear Arceus.

...we also already have Cameruptite in Reborn if I'm not mistaken and we're probably going to get the Mega Ring not too far from now (probs E17 or E18) so yeah.

Edited by Seel The Deal

17 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

Gonna vote for the under... camel... thing. Camerupt hits like a monster truck on steroids being driven by a Snorlax - Sheer Force + 145 base SpA + 120 base Atk + arguably the best dual STABs available outside of fakemons and Protean? Dear Arceus.

...we also already have Cameruptite in Reborn if I'm not mistaken and we're probably going to get the Mega Ring not too far from now (probs E17 or E18) so yeah.

I agree with that and it gets even worse if you put it in trick room where it's god awefull speed is usefull.

6 hours ago, St0mpa said:

I agree with that and it gets even worse if you put it in trick room where it's god awefull speed is usefull.

Oh right Reborn has the Trick Room tm already lol, I never use it so I always forget I have it lol

EDIT: low speed can actually be good in some situations tho, e.g. facing a rapid spin/defog user with low speed means you get rocks AFTER they remove them instead of before. Situational at best though so w/e

Edited by Seel The Deal

11 hours ago, St0mpa said:

I do run a trick room cofagrigus team with golurk and teddiursa in double battle sometimes. For me,Cofagrigus is too valuable to be sacked off to set up that trick room in single.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:14 AM, HongaarseBeer said:

Mega Alakazam!!! Gotta love Alakazam

And yes, I have no knowledge of Megas at all

It's ok. I love Alakazam too.

On 9/13/2017 at 1:15 AM, GS BALL said:

Mega Charizard X. Great overused mon, with considerable power and hopefully, with TM-Roost available in ep 17, the real deal, the badass! With what we already have, you can easily get a Smogon replica of one of its entries, there... (Breed in Dragon Dance as an egg move, relearn from move relearner flare blitz and dragon claw, etc)

If i didn't convince you, then i would urge you to use, Mega Gallade. Fighting and Psychic is a dangerous combo... As well as an early "Mega Mewtwo X" substitute.

Dragon type aren't really my thing and I try to avoid using them. I do agree it is quite a powerhouse among starter. Roost is great addition though. I didn't realized M-mewtwo X and Gallade have the same typing all this time lol.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:16 AM, Seel The Deal said:

I like your description. I am worried about Amaria though, if we are going to battle her. If mega ring really becomes a thing in E17 I will probably start to collect the rest of the mega stone. I think I left out Cameruptite and some other item.

Mega Manectric would be my choice. If you can get one with Hidden Power Ice, even better. Very fast, hits hard, and if very fragile. You have nothing to cover those pesky Flying/Water things, like Gyarados, or Dragons. Something that could cover both would be very useful! Teach it Flamethrower too, and it will check even Grass types!