[Epilogue] WitchHunt! - Coven Win

Daniel Blackworth

Well as far as i know Paul doesn't lie when it comes to revealing his role. In every mafia game when he says that he was that role, at the end of the day we always found that he was that role indeed. So i'm a bit skeptical of believing he's lying. 

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

It’s possible Nagisa is actually a witch as well. I’m inclined to believe they are the Emissary, which could be the reason why they survived their first attack. Another suggestion is the Survivalist, as well, though.

Hello people.

First. Cool girl was indeed suspicious and as i said last day i found it suspicious why no one was voting like the day before on the inactive. 

The judge killing Paul showed me 2 options. Or was someone trying to show us they are town or an inexperienced player who just want to use their ability

We have to remember that the gravedigger can be a witch and any person who died has his role revealed to him. He can so (and his companions, if there are any) roleclaim any of those roles

Because of this is won't roleclaim and i find cool girl also suspicious. As stated by others. It only makes us targets by both assassin and coven 

Eliminate] Cool Girl

• Global Mods

The Angels (at least in the last game) know who is in the Court and who is in the Coven - but they don’t know their roles. (@ Nagisa)

Edited by purplecicada
To make others and Nagisa aware.

I agree with Amber, no witch in their right mind would admit to being one, so we can only identify them through proof but when lacking it reasonable suspicion is all we can go on and the fact is asking people to reveal their roles but keeping your own hidden? that just screams Assassin or maybe even a witch trying to see if anyone they can find a good target.

• Global Mods

I get the college/work thing, I really do.

I’m very disappointed that she hasn’t at least attempted to prove her innocence rather than just stating she is innocent. It seems we still have our Assassin in play so please do not state roles unless you want to lie in order for her to assassinate herself.

Sincerely i find it really strange. I can't say for sure. But look at Paul's case, he tried to defend himself and if he had more time he might have done it. And if we think about his roleclaim. If he was indeed the hunter and a villager the judge might have found him dangerous and killed him because of that. On the other hand if the judge was a villager and thought Paul was a witch then then he might kill him too.

Back to cool girl. She didn't even try to defend... 

I'm going to offer a little deal to the judge, risky as it is. CoolGirl is likely maf, though we have no confirmation. We have a deadline and I haven't counted votes, but I know we have a few towards her. If we don't lynch CoolGirl, then the judge lynches. Now this is under the assumption that the judge is a witch. If CoolGirl is maf and lynched by Judge, the judge looks more innocent. If she lives, our opinions of the judge likely won't change. Based off what Anti said, I think the Judge will kill CoolGirl if they are innocent. 

Guest Sparkin'

There's also the possibility that the judge will lynch Cool Girl regardless of whether Cool Girl is a witch or not. If they're a witch, they'll do it to earn your trust, and if they're a villager, they'll do it because everyone has done it as well. 

WitchHunt!

Day Four Results / Epilogue

All eyes turned to Cool Girl when she said, "Someone tried to kill me, man." As it was a really ominous statement, the villagers believed that Cool Girl was suspicious for that and especially when she asked for people to reveal their identities, they became even more suspicious of her. 

Someone exclaimed, "SHE'S A WITCH! EXECUTE HER!!!"

"EXECUTE! EXECUTE! EXECUTE!" The others cried out in their willingness to find a witch after days and nights of loss.

"I'm innocent." She said, but everyone's eyes were blinded and they did not listen to her. They executed her by the town plaza. 

The villagers were getting ready to split up to their differing paths to their homes.

"Let's turn in for the night, shall we?" Purplecicada said to Anti_Hero. "... You'll be forever asleep, however."

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It means that you die!" Purplecicada exclaimed as she stabbed Anti_Hero with a knife.

He crumpled to the ground and she cackled as the other villagers looked in surprise and disgust.

"What is happening?" Digital Amber asked.

"It means that we're taking over the town." Megagun remarked as he shot Digital Amber in the back, rendering him helpless.

"Make a run for it!" Nagisa shouted.

"There's no running away anymore." Venus whispered to his ear as he hit Nagisa with a blunt object.

Greninja tried to make an escape, but Snowy Amine and Lord Drakyle caught him before he could escape.

"Purplecicada, you traitor." Lykos Hand stated as he remained in the area. "We - I trusted you."

"Bwahahahaha." Purplecicada said. "You fell for my traps hehehe and there's no turning back now. It was fun.... while it lasted. Sayonara, Lykos."

... And they executed him.

"Let's create more Covens in other towns." Megagun said.

"That will be great betrayal!" Purplecicada remarked.

And the Coven left for another town to decimate.

Until then, the End.

Cool Girl is lynched. She is ???.

The King's Court of Lykos Hand, Anti_Hero, Purplecicada, and Digital Amber has disbanded as of the Epilogue

At a 5 villager - 5 witch split, the witches have won as they now equal the townfolk. Congratulations to the Coven of Purplecicada, Venus, Megagun, Snowy Amine, and Lord Drakyle!

=====

General Comments:

I have to say that the town didn't play quite well. First of all, some roles weren't quite utilised. This included the Emissary for not using the role to attract the Witch's kill and instead attracted the Court or the Peeping Tom for not peeping on the Priest. Second, people obviously had scumreads on certain people, but didn't actually call out people for it. Some of the witches had some scummy moves made, but the witches were generally ignored until it was nearly too late. There were some questionable moves in relation to voting. Players chose to go for a lynch on an inactive on D2 when they didn't really believe that person was a witch while on D3, players would have started a no lynch again if Paul25 hadn't made a wrong comment which even with roleclaiming still worked against him. Third, the King's Court was too gullible, I believe, for neglecting that there was an incredibly high chance for a witch to exist in it, but Priest chose not to investigate any of the members to check their innocence, nor did the other members try to see if everyone there was really trustworthy. Also, the members tried to be too secretive and provide information contrary to what they actually know in their chat.

As for the witches, they weren't that obvious, but they manipulated the village in and off screen with them steering lynches to go their way and Purplecicada manipulating the Court well enough. With this, they managed to go without any casualties at all, and not using any of their other role abilities except the Judge's. Though they made some scummy moves, they managed to patch it up with seemingly sensible reasoning which kind of helped them win.

For a first time experience though, it was quite a challenging ordeal and I'm glad you all tried to analyze the game. Thanks for playing!

Awards and Special Recognition:

Team Win: [Witches] Purplecicada, Venus, Megagun, Snowy Amine, and Lord Drakyle

Hardclaim a role without getting caught [privately]: Purplecicada for claiming Dirty Old Bastard in King's Court

Most Valuable Player [MVP] Award: Purplecicada

Choosing the MVP for this game wasn't a hard choice actually. While other players may have made some good plays such as with Lord Drakyle's posting which made him generally townread by those alive or Venus' manipulation of D1 and partially D2 lynch, Purplecicada provided the most contributions out of any player in the game - witch or villager. First of all, she used her abilities as Judge to confuse the town and this brought the town to focus more on the Judge than actually scumhunt. By taking down Paul25 after Alistair, she convinced people that the Judge was just someone inexperienced and that they probably thought Paul25 was scummy. Second, she infiltrated the King's Court quite well by establishing herself as someone who can be trusted and that there's no need to suspect anyone as a witch might not actually exist in the Court. Though that was questionable (heavily), the Court believed it and she was able to manipulate the Court and its members effectively by encouraging them to execute Nagisa Hideyoshi (failed attempt) and Jace Stormkirk, effectively steering the Priest's investigations away from the intended targets. She also successfully fed them a mix of wrong reads to steer them away and true reads to offer trust. For these reasons, I give her the MVP award.

=====

Player List for WitchHunt!

Magister Divergent as your Game Moderator

1. Purplecicada as Witch Judge
 5. Venus as Witch Nurse
13. Megagun as Witch Even Gambler
15. Snowy Amine as Witch Survivalist
16. Lord Drakyle as Witch Dirty Old Bastard

2. Greninja as Villager Oracle
 3. Alistair as Villager Assassin [Lynched by the Judge D1]
 4. Roswell as Villager Watchman [Killed N1]
 6. LykosHand as Villager King