New Team for the new Episode

JoJoDeath

Hey everyone!

I have been thinking of starting over from the beginning for some time, but decided to hold it off until the next episode launches. To start off the game with the pokemon I like, and catch some new ones that I haven't played with before. This includes the pokemon of the newest generation that are going to be added in the game. I'm wondering what pokemon from this generation are strong or weak, how so, and if/where they can be caught. I haven't played the newest games of pokemon, so I'm not fully familiar with them, and would love some ideas for mons that I should catch.

Also, the Alola forms of the older generations pokemons, how can I get those? I'd love the Alola Sandslash, Ninetails, Golem or Marowak.

3 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Alolan Muk is your friend. Poison/Dark types are broken typing. Especially with Alchemy skill.

ehhhh alchemy is pretty trash, even in a double battle. I have an alolan muk on rejuvenation and I switched off alchemy for poison touch at the first chance I got. But the poison/dark combo is pretty tough to get over.

4 hours ago, JoJoDeath said:

Hey everyone!

I have been thinking of starting over from the beginning for some time, but decided to hold it off until the next episode launches. To start off the game with the pokemon I like, and catch some new ones that I haven't played with before. This includes the pokemon of the newest generation that are going to be added in the game. I'm wondering what pokemon from this generation are strong or weak, how so, and if/where they can be caught. I haven't played the newest games of pokemon, so I'm not fully familiar with them, and would love some ideas for mons that I should catch.

Also, the Alola forms of the older generations pokemons, how can I get those? I'd love the Alola Sandslash, Ninetails, Golem or Marowak.

There's not a lot special about the alolan pokemon. In sun and moon I found myself using an alolan pikachu only because it had a special z move, but it was still rather trashy and I switched it off near end game.

I don't personally ever use any ice type pokemon, but I think the alolan ninetales is more or less like ninetales but with ice abilities instead of fire, but being fairy gives you a great reason to use it.

Whereas for pokemon from gen7, I strongly recommend Golisopod, which evolves from Wimpod. It's moves that usually strike first make it a must have. 

Mimikyu is another pokemon which I personally enjoyed using. It's ability decoy and its fairly decent stats make it a huge must use in competitive battling (for me at least)

Lastly,kommo-o is a dragon I personally liked. I don't think there's anything special about it, but its cool.

Apart from all those pokemon, all the ultra beasts are rather great. I highly doubt ame is gonna throw them all in for us to freely catch, even though you could get 2-5 ultra beasts in the actual game per playthrough. Personal favorite UB would be Pheromosa though.

Edited by ChaoticStreamer

Here are a few suggestions I have if you want to look at Gen 7:

Lycanroc Midday: It's fast, learns a neat priority rock move (Accelerock), hits hard, and learns Stealth Rocks

Mimikyu: Has a good ability, type, and learns good moves

Salazzle: This thing only evolves from female Salandit. Still, it's ability lets it poison both steel and poison types. Poison/fire is also a cool type combination

I suggest the mon which goes by the name of araquanid. 1, its super bulky as hell  and 2, water bubble is very op that it makes it a very strong physical attacker with liquidation that can pretty much decimate every thing that it touches. Araquanid is by far one of the best gen 7 water type in my opnion.