[Spoilers]A changed event discussion

pokemastercj1

Spoiler

So after I beat e17 with my normal save (I had the Zekrom path so it didn't take too long) I started a new save to enjoy the changes to the game as a whole and also to choose the other branch of the story. I have just encountered the replacement to the Peridot ward Panpour/Wingull event. The event now has a Pokemon feeding on the electricity in the building. I have two questions/points of discussion regarding the change. 1) is this where you get grubbin, because if so it seems like there is a clear better Pokemon to get here, that being Joltik, which leads me to 2) Joltik seems a bit OP to get this early in the game. Joltik wasn't available until route 1 in e16, but here you can get it right at the beginning of the game (so long as you have stormy weather). Sure Joltik itself is a weak Pokemon, but Galvantula is very good, and Joltik doesn't have a bad moveset at all for early game. It also makes getting grubbin seem somewhat dissapointing, because even though Vikavolt is a really good pokemon if used correctly, I'm assuming charjabug evolves in the same place as magnezone, which cannot be unlocked without the Yuryu (I may have butchered that spelling) key that is obtained late in the game. Of course if Charjabug has a different evolution location or Grubbin isn't available here this isn't a problem as you get a guaranteed decent special attacking electric type, but I haven't seen anyone confirm where to get grubbin early-game yet so who knows

1 hour ago, pokemastercj1 said:
  Hide contents

So after I beat e17 with my normal save (I had the Zekrom path so it didn't take too long) I started a new save to enjoy the changes to the game as a whole and also to choose the other branch of the story. I have just encountered the replacement to the Peridot ward Panpour/Wingull event. The event now has a Pokemon feeding on the electricity in the building. I have two questions/points of discussion regarding the change. 1) is this where you get grubbin, because if so it seems like there is a clear better Pokemon to get here, that being Joltik, which leads me to 2) Joltik seems a bit OP to get this early in the game. Joltik wasn't available until route 1 in e16, but here you can get it right at the beginning of the game (so long as you have stormy weather). Sure Joltik itself is a weak Pokemon, but Galvantula is very good, and Joltik doesn't have a bad moveset at all for early game. It also makes getting grubbin seem somewhat dissapointing, because even though Vikavolt is a really good pokemon if used correctly, I'm assuming charjabug evolves in the same place as magnezone, which cannot be unlocked without the Yuryu (I may have butchered that spelling) key that is obtained late in the game. Of course if Charjabug has a different evolution location or Grubbin isn't available here this isn't a problem as you get a guaranteed decent special attacking electric type, but I haven't seen anyone confirm where to get grubbin early-game yet so who knows

I can confirm that the event can either give you Galvantula or Vikavolt and it seems to be selected at the start of the game. By the way, the under the bridge event also has 2 prizes now: either a Pansear or a Panpour, with the same conditions as above.

BTW, Sand Cloak Wormadam is OP against Julia thanks to gen 7. Look at my previous post in my profile about the gym battle.