Little-Known Strategies

Amethyst

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumpluff can SD...........WTF IS THIS MADNESS!!! Lolz more like another fun and deadly set.

Jumpluff @ Life Orb
Trait: Leaf Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb(STAB)
- Swords Dance
- Bounce/Aerial Ace(STAB)
- Sleep Powder

This set uses Jumpluff's Poor attack and High Speed,to bad its isnt made for OU play much.anyway this set depends on luck.Sleep powder needs to be the first move you uses to get the opponent to switch or stay in and be stupid.If you miss or get an unexpected lum berry,Jumpy might die.The second move is Sword Dance which give jumpy here a fair boost from its low attack and with the life orb should be able to dent somethings that dont resist.I recommend Bounce Because of power and a chance of Paralyze but if you hate missing,then got with Aerial Ace.Leaf Guard is recommend for sunny day to prevent our friend from status and make it almost godly.That all I have to say,try it or GTF Lawlz >>

Whirl~

Continuing on Geo's stupidity of Jumpluff getting Swords Dance....ready for this? ELECTRODE AND LANTURN GET SUCKER PUNCH.
So does Huntail, Drifblim, and Wormadam. If you do not have arms, you cannot punch. This is inevitable logic. :D

...And why does Electrode need a priority move to begin with? It's already faster than just about ANYTHING.

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='4017' date='Sep 4 2010, 11:01 PM']Continuing on Geo's stupidity of Jumpluff getting Swords Dance....ready for this? ELECTRODE AND LANTURN GET SUCKER PUNCH.

So does Huntail, Drifblim, and Wormadam. If you do not have arms, you cannot punch. This is inevitable logic. :D

...And why does Electrode need a priority move to begin with? It's already faster than just about ANYTHING.[/quote]
Face the Facts......Logic in pokemon is slowly becoming irrelevant

[quote name='Geo' post='4019' date='Sep 4 2010, 10:06 PM']Face the Facts......Logic in pokemon is slowly becoming irrelevant[/quote]
and being replaced by rodents.

pikachu, pichu, raichu
pachirisu
the chinchilla pokemon
the momonga pokemon
plusle, minun
sentret, furret
rattata, raticate
that fire/ghost one

[quote name='Orca' post='4020' date='Sep 5 2010, 12:10 AM']and being replaced by rodents.

pikachu, pichu, raichu
pachirisu
the chinchilla pokemon
the momonga pokemon
plusle, minun
sentret, furret
rattata, raticate
that fire/ghost one[/quote]

Hey Hey now I like some of those pokes like Pikachu!! and what fire ghost one do you mean??

Chatot is actually a good pokemon to use

yeah, that stupid pokemon. it has stupid ears that form a V and then makes the V sign for victory. I hate the furry F-er. Gay.

Man, I'm angry at pokemon today. specially those damn rodents.

sidenote- I had an awesome chatot until my original pearl pak went out of its way to lose itself somewhere. >.>

Nasty Plot Chatot (I swept Will with this guy):

CHATOT @ LIFE ORB/LEFTIES/YACHE BERRY

TIMID NATURE 252 speed/252 Special Attack/4 HP

~Nasty Plot
~Hyper Voice
~Hidden Power Fighting
~Heat Wave/Ominous Wind/Chatter

Yep. Most epic set ever. It can actually put a good dent in a lot of things if it gets up a Nasty Plot. Hyper Voice is the attack to use if it isn't resisted, if it is, use HP Fighting or your last move. You have a choice between more base power, super effective against ghosts, or STAB. Take your pick.

N8 I told you chatot is awesome!! Though I baton pass double team to mr mime then calm mind or nasty plot with her (XD) then pass to chatot to sweep a full team!!!! heat wave chatter hyper voice and nasty plot just in case mime don't get it

Needs moar.

ANGER POINT PRIMEAPE

Primeape @ Salac Berry

Ability: Anger Point

EVs: 40 HP /252 Atk /216 Speed

~Substitute
~Reversal
~Ice Punch
~Stone Edge

The only time Anger Point works, but DAMN, this ability's fantastic. Hide behind a sub (you get 5 total), and hope that that 22.75% chance of a crit happens. Even if it doesn't, you've still got Reversal, which, at 1 HP, is frighteningly powerful. I love this guy because sweeping through anti-hax is the most epic thing ever.

This is the only time that Primeape will prove to be more viable than Machamp.

Too bad that build is on Smogon :( . So not really a "Little Known" strategy in my book if its listed on Smogon. Just my opinion. Still a good set and fantastic way to take advantage of Anger Point. I'd just be reluctant to rely on the luck of a Critical Hit landing when I have a Substitute up. But the chance of Critical is 6.25%, although it does feel like 22.75% sometimes.

I was going to post a Froslass build but....apparently I didn't save it >_>

Edit: Aha! Found one!

Cresselia @ Flame Orb

Ability: Levitate

EVs: Unknown

~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Psycho Shift
~ N/A

Wish I had more information about the EVs, but this set is coming to me second hand. At least its coming from a battler I respect very much, mtgxerxes. The premise behind this set is pretty simple: Psycho Shift either Burn or Sleep over. Pass Burn over to cripple a Physical attacker or to get some damage to build up. Sleep is to put anything to sleep, though it is a risk since Sleep Talk can make you use Rest. There are two downsides to this set being 1) You're burned so that eats up HP and 2) You cannot attack. It's supposed to be purely supportive to pass around those statuses. You could give it an attack like Psychic for STAB or some other powerful move like Ice Beam, but then you risk attacking when you want to pass over Sleep while Sleep Talking. I think the set is very interesting because its one of the few times I have seen a Pokemon NOT use all four move slots. I wouldn't trust it though because I'm not good at predicting, switching or luck. If you want to see it in action, go to mtgxerxes's youtube channel.

Edit2: Yeah, copy+pasted old post just so it would show this thread has a new post >_>

• 2 months later...
LeadKill<3

Very similar to N8's Sharpedo, I'll have to admit.
Adamant Basurao + Life orb
76 HP Ev's
252 Attack Ev's
180 Speed Ev's

Aqua Jet
Death Gambit
Protect
Toxic

You only need the first two moves though <3
Basically, it's a simple manner of Jetting the opponent, which will only take out about 20 something percent. Now, assuming they did ANYTHING that wasn't attacking, you Death Gambit. Unless they have over 300 HP left, they're gone <3

Stallotic

Female Modest Milotic ;D
HP Ev's: 48
Def Ev's:104
SpecAtt Ev's: 252
SpecDef Ev's: 104

Attract
Confuse Ray
Recovor
Dragon Pulse

Obviously, you should start with Attract/Confuse Ray, which just about cripples your opponent. Then, Dragon Pulse them to death.
Why Dragon Pulse, you ask?
Because WHO EXPECTS IT??
Milotic is generally used with Boil Over, which, while effective, is so overdone that it's nearly useless.
Dragon Pulse is a decent move, and while it certainly won't 1HKO your opponent, it will make short work of them since they're too busy hurting themselves in confusion to fight back anyways <3
It definately surprises your opponent when they switch out their trusty Flygon, only to be met with the move that will end the fight for them before it starts.
And recover is useful, since they're too buy stumbling all over themselves to get in a Priority and finish you off (:

Best used to take on the opponent's final pokemon ;D

:o

• 3 weeks later...
For all of you rain lovers out there~

[b]SUPER SCARF LEAD POLITOED[/b]

252 Speed/252 Special Attack/ 4 HP - JOLLY Nature
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle

~Hypnosis
~Surf/Boil Over/Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~Haze

No one expects this. Ever. Put something to sleep and bring in your Kingdra/Manaphy/Kerudio/whatever and set up. Your water move is based on preference, whether you want reliability, chance to burn, or power. Ice Beam hits dragons hard. Haze is able to stop sweeps and break walls that boost. Only problem is Hypnosis has incredibly shaky accuracy, but it's worth it when you're able to 6-0 a team with a Shell Break Gorebyss (example).

Irony much?
[quote]For all of you rain lovers out there~[/quote]
Its funny cause I use rain for my Mono water and hate it. Most people I battled who used Rain and they said its annoying to use or be against, considering it got overrated rather quickly unlike sand who just been annoying.

Actually, I use rain and if you've got good synergy, it can be more threatening than sand. The only real advantage Sand has over Rain is Pokemon who bring Sand that are actually useful. Politoed's nice, but really, if a Pokemon such as Swampert got Drizzle rain would be a [i]lot[/i] more common. Sometimes I hear people complaining that all rain teams have Politoed and Kingdra, but then you can say all Sand teams have Hippowdon/Tyranitar (Usually Hippowdon) and Doryuuzu. And to be honest, I like Kingdra a lot more than Doryuuzu due to access to a very, very useful move: Yawn. If Kingdra lives/the opponent switches, it sets up and can sometimes sweep unassisted. If the opponent stays in and kills Kingdra, bring in Cloyster/Gorebyss/Huntail/Sharpedo/insertpokemonhere, have a free turn of setup, and proceed to tear apart the opponent's team.

And as a side note, Sun can be considered the most varied weather, but it is also the worst due to lacking a good core sweeper that thrives in sun.

Hail sucks because anything that isn't ice hates it. AKA, you are pretty much forced into making a mono-ice team, which is weak to three incredibly common attacking types: Fire, Fighting, and Rock. And because there's no Kingdra/Doryuuzu of Hail, Hail's become pretty much obsolete.