The Political Soap Box

Maelstrom

Still, why did he get shot that many times and killed instead of being taken into custody? Unless he actually did attack and reach for the gun, it would make no sense, especially the fact that he had his hands up when he got shot. Don't forget that his last words were "I don't have a gun, stop shooting!"

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karpy said 3/4 mile earlier, and now you say 3 and 1/4 mile. I know from deployment experience how timelines aren't always completely accurate.

If you had robbed a store, would you be walking away from the location or running because you didn't want to get caught?

1. 3/4 of a mile in 6 minutes, IF that time gap is even accurate, is pretty easy when a full mile in 8 minutes is considered rather slow.

2. Even if it's not him, the theft itself has nothing to do with the actual incident in which the officer made the decision to the pull the trigger and a bullet hit Brown in the head.

3. His friend who was with him during the shooting admitted that Brown stole the stuff. So, it's far more likely that the timelines are imperfect than the thief wasn't him after this fact.

4. The theft only lends credibility to the cop after the fact- IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A VIABLE REASON TO SHOOT BROWN TO DEATH. So you guys need to stop acting like that was actually the reason behind the shot when the COP HIMSELF SAID HE DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS THE THIEF. THAT MEANS THE THEFT WAS NOT A FACTOR IN ANY WAY IN HIS DECISION TO PULL THE TRIGGER.

The most likely way to prove one way or another is to review the dash cam from that car, if it had one, to prove either the friend's story or the cop's story. At this point, there is still room for either one of them to be lying.

I actually knew that the robbery wasn't the reason, but I was trying to fire back at the article you posted about the robbery. Remember that he got shot about 10 times before he died, wouldn't the head shot be enough? And do you really think that they'd release the dash cam, or do you think that there is a possibility of them deleting them?

Remember that he got shot about 10 times before he died, wouldn't the head shot be enough? And do you really think that they'd release the dash cam, or do you think that there is a possibility of them deleting them?

I have yet to read that anywhere, actually.

The absence of a recording when there normally be one would be absolutely suspicious. And illegal. Doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.

I have yet to read that anywhere, actually.

The absence of a recording when there normally be one would be absolutely suspicious. And illegal. Doesn't mean it couldn't have happened.

Considering that they were taking off their badges and ID tags during the violence to be anonymous, it most likely happened.

Considering that they were taking off their badges and ID tags during the violence to be anonymous, it most likely happened.

Special forces don't wear name tapes on their uniforms either. There are multiple, plausible reasons for that. Such as repercussions against friends and family. *super hero logic* XD

tumblr_nahk8va1aM1r4t7abo1_1280.jpg

Autopsy lines up with testimonies that he put his arms up and surrendered to the police. It's also funny how the reason for arresting him changed from "He was in the street" to "He robbed a gas station".

EDIT:

The National Guard has been ordered to Ferguson. Shit is about to hit the fan.

From what I heard it went like this...

Guy robs store. Runs away, jaywalks.

Cop says "get out of the middle of the street, that is dangerous!"

Guy thinks "OH SHIT HE KNOWS THAT I ROBBED THAT ONE FOO"

Attacks the cop, cop wrestled him down, hand cuffed him, and tossed him in his car.

Guy escaped hand cuffs and went for the cops gun, cop fought the guy trying to keep him away from the gun. Gun misfired and shot the black guy.

Black guy freaked and ran away.

Black guy changed his mind like 5 seconds later, turned around and started to go after the cop again, cop shot him then.

Witnesses saw the entire thing.

That is how I saw/heard of it.

This is how fox/cnn news aka "why the fuck are you listening to this crap" news stated it.

COP SHOOTS BLACK GUY! BOOM HEADSHOT!

most respected pathologist in history? never heard of him.

Bent. Like reaching down for the holster at the cop's waist bent? Arms are highly mobile and many movements and positions are possible.

I'm skeptical of this second/third hand relaying of information. Just because someone chooses to share one possibility doesn't mean there weren't others as well. It didn't say it was the only possibility. Let's get a little more objective here.

There were two witnesses who both confirmed that Brown wasn't resisting in anyway when the police confronted him. I'm still a bit vague on robbery details, but the police have confirmed numerous times that the robbery had nothing to do with why they confronted him, and still, no matter what, it's no excuse to heartlessly kill him and shoot his dead body several times afterwards.

most respected pathologist in history? never heard of him.

Bent. Like reaching down for the holster at the cop's waist bent? Arms are highly mobile and many movements and positions are possible.

I'm skeptical of this second/third hand relaying of information. Just because someone chooses to share one possibility doesn't mean there weren't others as well. It didn't say it was the only possibility. Let's get a little more objective here.

Here's a little info on Dr. Baden

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baden

Btw Dr. Baden's autopsy is the one I link to on my last post.

tumblr_najgbdwd631ruroruo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_najgbdwd631ruroruo10_500.jpg

You don't just aim your fucking gun at something you don't intend to shoot.

tumblr_naibu6ofdf1qk91wgo2_500.png

And making history, Amnesty International observers are on the ground in the US for the first time ever.

If the announcement comes out tomorrow, and that cop isn't going on trial, then I fear for the worst.

The high ready. Most of those cops are doing it wrong. Pictures aren't good enough to tell if fingers are in the trigger wells or not.

Also, I enjoyed this. And the payday advance loan stuff that he covers in the second half of the video.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/18/video-john-olivers-scathing-take-on-ferguson/

If we're to believe the most recent comments and tweets from citizens and media on sight, then the National Guard are apparently now shooting real bullets and dropping bombs on protestors.

I don't think a comment needs to even be made on this.

doublepostbecausefuckthequotebook

I'm glad to see that somebody in St. Louis has the backing of the police.

tumblr_na9cvthl8D1sl9rtjo2_1280.jpg

So the police can shoot and hurt protesters, treat a reporter and arrive whit big ass trucks like they´re on war and drop tear gas to houses, but they leave those waste of human shit protest their primitive ideas peacefully? Fuck that.

The kkk are staying in one spot and aren't looting at night. Police claim instigators hiding among the crowds and night doing things instigators do, instead of letting things get settled.

Protestors =/= Looters

Most people in the community are opposed to looting, don't start misconstruing things.

Nevermind the video I saw earlier today of people breaking into stores and stealing shit in Ferguson. At night, mind you. Can't find it atm, stupid CNN news.

something in the meantime. Dudes looting a liquor store. Which is nowhere near the stampede I saw on tape.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/16/crisis-in-ferguson/

reporters mistaking gas canisters for stun grenades. Fucking noobs.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=us_c1

I didn't say most protesters, but more than enough to keep the police out there at night. More than enough that store owners are now standing by their stores with guns.

"many of them dressed for combat." Like a deployment, you never know when some angry asshat is gonna shoot at you with a gun. There have been shootings during the riot. And not by police officers.

The reporters look at the riot shields and batons like they're excessive for crowd control.

The ignorant look at the gear and say, oh, they're prepared for combat. Without knowing what that gear even means. As a soldier, I see minimal gear. they're wearing shit that carries magazines. I can't even be sure their gear is large enough to be carrying anti-ballistic plates.

Even according to the photographer gassed, the people did not leave when asked to. Instead they dragged traffic cones (likely meant to mark the limit where it was okay to stand and protest) up to the police line and used a torn out traffic sign that said do not enter. Gee, I wonder why they reacted with riot control tactics. Herp derp.

I'm not convinced this is a one sided blame story here. At all.