The Political Soap Box

Maelstrom

So, the whole Ebola thing seems to have turned into a political issue now, what with the Prometheus crew level of stupidity that was shown by the leadership recently ("Oh this chick's got a super duper contagious and ultra deadly virus that's killing off a bajillion people LET'S BRING HER TO AMERICA WITHOUT ANY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS"). Surprised I haven't seen talk of it on here.

But the real question is: Is it really that dangerous or is it gonna turn out like the swine flu did? Because I was extremely underwhelmed when the swine flu came to where I live after all I had heard about it. Heck, I might have even HAD the swine flu at some point and never noticed, thinking it was a regular flu.

Edited by Eagleby18

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the real question is: Is it really that dangerous or is it gonna turn out like the swine flu did? Because I was extremely underwhelmed when the swine flu came to where I live after all I had heard about it. Heck, I might have even HAD the swine flu at some point and never noticed, thinking it was a regular flu.

The problem isn't really going to spread here unless the patient starts puking on everyone, because ebola doesn't spread by air and shit; it does so by bodily fluids from the victims of it; meaning that it isn't gonna be too bad.

West Africa is going to have to be dealing with a shitstorm however, because they have a continuous direct source of it to screw them over.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/whites-riot-over-pumpkins-in-nh-and-twitter-turns-it-into-epic-lesson-about-ferguson/

White kids actually fucking riot over pumpkins and the media talks about how they get 'rowdy'. Black people protest the killing of unarmed teenagers, some do try to loot but most don't, and they're painted at pseudo-terrorists.

1530103_1non_jpeg47cc2992e215d47291a6dba

It's a classic case of a few bad eggs ruining the omelet, in regard to the looters. The media covers it because it will cause controversy and in turn more views for them, and also more money. The media doesn't give a damn about you or the people it is reporting to and about.

The main problem is how everything is reported as black and white (I'm not talking races here). The media fails to clarify the majority which act peacefully and just show the bad.

Today Nigeria was declared Ebola-free by the WHO. If Nigeria can do it, we'll be fine. Case closed, hooray science! Looks like all the politicians feeding on the fear of that horrible disease will be forced to twist other things into the proper shape for forcing down someone's throat.

Edited by Jory

Yes, but this strain is new and evolved. Somehow, I'm not a medical expert and don't know the details

Ebola used to kill people too quickly for it to spread. it would just wipe out a village and then with no hosts the local population would die out. This one kept people alive long enough for people to give a shit about saving them, so they'd spread it trying to give care.

My opinion on this whole ebola thing is short and simple.

IF there is SOMEHOW an actual outbreak of it here in the US, it will be a glorious display of natural selection at its finest.

That's a pretty fucked up thing to say, Owen. Wishing a pandemic on ANYONE has to be some of the most fucked up shit I've ever heard of

To move away from the ridiculous comment up there:

Y'all know about the Shaw shooting case? Remember the police's story the the kid fired first and then the officer responded with 17 shots of his own, 8 of which that hit?

WELL, UNSURPRISINGLY, THE AUTOPSY DOESN'T CONFIRM THE POLICE'S STORY:

http://fox2now.com/2014/10/23/live-family-of-vonderitt-myers-to-release-new-autopsy-results/

Is it me, or does this sound like something Kim Jong-Un would say?

Kim jong un is very sick , since the end of the USSR , North Korea is in a serious situation , they should say thank you to the nuclear arsenal they have, otherwise the USA would have invaded.

It may be that 's it a status from a general shot , like all communist government , the head of the secret service is the second most powerful man in the country .

If the US truly wanted to invade North Korea they would have done so already. Their ICBM's are the nuclear equivalent of BB Guns. For once the US has been able to leave well enough alone. Now if you were talking about Russia, I could see that. The only thing keeping the world safe from Nuclear War, is ironically the fear of Nuclear War and M.A.D. (Mutually Assured Destruction)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

Mutual assured destruction, or mutually assured destruction (MAD), is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of high-yield weapons of mass destruction by two or more opposing sides would cause the complete annihilation of both the attacker and the defender. It is based on the theory of deterrence where the threat of using strong weapons against the enemy prevents the enemy's use of those same weapons. The strategy is a form of Nash equilibrium in which neither side, once armed, has any incentive to initiate a conflict or to disarm.

The US can invade North Korea , but if they do, will the outbreak of World War 3 , North Korea is a country bordering Russia and China. The Korean missile can not reach the US, but they can reach japan and south korea , and if they make a massive nuclear and chemical attack , it's over for her 2 countries, only Russia and the USA have means has resisted a massive nuclear attack. In addition, USA crush North Korea , which caused a famine going on north korea, and all will flee refugee in China , a wave of refugee y 'will sn how syria and iraq , and China no way to contain a wave of immigrajation they are already 1 billion.

wild and mostly baseless accusations of racism leveled at whoever happens to be nearby, neat

Dressing as Trayvon Martin is stupid as hell and you would have every right to be offended, but please show me all of this "celebration of black pain."

tumblr_mzt20uIsv31sj3omto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzt20uIsv31sj3omto8_1280.jpg

http://www.chimpout.com/forum/forum.php

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=minstrelsy

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blackface

Except ya know, we've got 400+ years of evidence of this shit, and what two days of looting in all 75 days of Ferguson protests?

We've been over this. People being racist in the past does NOT, under ANY circumstance, give you the right to claim that I am. Until you realize this it's impossible to have a rational discussion.

What I hear from you every time I bring up race is: GUYS RACISM ENDED IN 1964, DON'T BE SILLY

I've never ONCE called you specifically a racist, yet here you are defending yourself. I'm well aware that not all white people are racist, but until you understand the vast amount of racism that occurs in this countries social and political structures, there's no point in having a conversation.

pzPUR1u.png

Did you forget that convenient little part of the tweet compilation above?

We can have convos about why it's wrong to use 'aspie' or 'autistic' as a slur, or that mistreatment of autistic people is an issue, and there you are rallying, praising the person who started the conversation and contributing something meaningful to it. Now that the lens is turned on a group you're apart of, and its behavior condemned you've got a problem. I get it, I was the same way once. Take the chance and the opportunity to educate yourself on the issue and move forward