The Political Soap Box

Maelstrom

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Whoever is elected in 2016 will have to deal with the landfill swept under the rug during the tenure of Obama.

At this point, every president will have to deal with the previous mistakes of those presidents.

I'll state my opinion entirely honestly:

Abortion should be mandatory when it's found that the child is going to have a serious physical and/or mental disability, health problem(s) or will inherit a hereditary disease(s) from one (or both) of the parents.

>inb4 "das oftencive"

I'm probably closer with a disabled person than any of you are. My older brother has severe autism and has poor bodily coordination. He's 26 years old and hasn't graduated High School. He will never become a self sufficient, productive member of society. He will always need other people to take care of him. Medical science was advanced enough at the time of his conception that my parents knew he would be the way he is, yet they went through with the pregnancy. How is it fair to him to subjugate him to live the way he does? And how is it fair to subjugate our family and society to have to take care of someone who will never amount to anything? It isn't fair at all, and not only is it not productive, it's actually counter productive. Parents put a lot of money and effort into children so that they will grow up and do the same, that is, contribute to society and have children of their own, that is how a society sustains itself. But people with severe disabilities, frankly, really don't do that and remain an eternal burden on the people around them, and in the case of a hereditary disease, if they reproduce, create more people with the same problems as them, despite that being avoidable via eugenics. I know this might sound cold at first, but it's true.

>inb4 "wow disowning your brother"

Except I'm not. When my father (only person currently supporting my brother) passes away, no one else in my family will pick up the torch, not even my sister will help. I know this because they've all said it outright. That leaves me, and I will willing do it, despite holding the beliefs I stated above, because at the end of the day he's still my brother and I do love him, but he like many others like him, will continue to be a burden until the end of their lives.

>inb4 "there are people with disabilities who do things with their lives *insert obligatory Stephen Hawkings reference here, even though I'm pretty sure they didn't know he'd have ALS before he was born*"

They are too few and far between. A handful of individual exceptions do not excuse the objective truth about the characteristics, traits and behaviors of a particular demographic.

It should also be mandatory in the case of something like rape (a woman shouldn't be forced to give birth to some degenerate's child, conceived without consent, this is kind of a given) or incest (usually for the same reasons of rape, plus incest = sickly children with severe autism), or that the parents are unfit to raise children (due to a health and/or financial issues).

Other than that, if the parents are capable and the child is going to be healthy and without a severe disability(s), then you're just murdering a person who would have become a contributing member of society and lived a fulfilling life for absolutely no reason other than that you were to stupid to use protection or simply NOT. HAVE. SEX. ("b-but muh animalistic urges!")

Frankly though if you have the mentality that that's OK, i.e., view abortion more as a "Get out of jail free card!" than the last result to an unfortunate case, you should probably be euthanized for being an amoral narcissist anyway.

there is a reason why most governments have their spoof party UK have Monster Raving Loony party , the US has Vermin Supreme (he got one amazing song tho) Canada has the Fed-Up party , Germany has APPD (Anarchist Pogo Party of Germany) Ireland Has Dont Give A Feck Party srsly tho if every1 in ur country doesnt give a sh1t these are the ppl who will end up in charge it might be for a laugh but some1 has to deal with the serious stuff

I just wanna say one thing, I generally don't speak a whole lot on abortion because I haven't figured out my stance myself:

incest by itself is harmless, and inbreeding generally only results in serious genetic flaws when it happens over multiple generations, and even then it's not a massive increase all things considered, unless it's close relations like parent/child or sibling/sibling.

there is a reason why most governments have their spoof party UK have Monster Raving Loony party , the US has Vermin Supreme (he got one amazing song tho) Canada has the Fed-Up party , Germany has APPD (Anarchist Pogo Party of Germany) Ireland Has Dont Give A Feck Party srsly tho if every1 in ur country doesnt give a sh1t these are the ppl who will end up in charge it might be for a laugh but some1 has to deal with the serious stuff

Spoof party? I'll have you know Vermin Supreme is no joke. HE WILL BRING CHANGE AMERICA NEEDS, DON'T CALL HIM A SPOOF!

I'll state my opinion entirely honestly:

Abortion should be mandatory when it's found that the child is going to have a serious physical and/or mental disability, health problem(s) or will inherit a hereditary disease(s) from one (or both) of the parents.

>inb4 "das oftencive"

I'm probably closer with a disabled person than any of you are. My older brother has severe autism and has poor bodily coordination. He's 26 years old and hasn't graduated High School. He will never become a self sufficient, productive member of society. He will always need other people to take care of him. Medical science was advanced enough at the time of his conception that my parents knew he would be the way he is, yet they went through with the pregnancy. How is it fair to him to subjugate him to live the way he does? And how is it fair to subjugate our family and society to have to take care of someone who will never amount to anything? It isn't fair at all, and not only is it not productive, it's actually counter productive. Parents put a lot of money and effort into children so that they will grow up and do the same, that is, contribute to society and have children of their own, that is how a society sustains itself. But people with severe disabilities, frankly, really don't do that and remain an eternal burden on the people around them, and in the case of a hereditary disease, if they reproduce, create more people with the same problems as them, despite that being avoidable via eugenics. I know this might sound cold at first, but it's true.

>inb4 "wow disowning your brother"

Except I'm not. When my father (only person currently supporting my brother) passes away, no one else in my family will pick up the torch, not even my sister will help. I know this because they've all said it outright. That leaves me, and I will willing do it, despite holding the beliefs I stated above, because at the end of the day he's still my brother and I do love him, but he like many others like him, will continue to be a burden until the end of their lives.

>inb4 "there are people with disabilities who do things with their lives *insert obligatory Stephen Hawkings reference here, even though I'm pretty sure they didn't know he'd have ALS before he was born*"

They are too few and far between. A handful of individual exceptions do not excuse the objective truth about the characteristics, traits and behaviors of a particular demographic.

It should also be mandatory in the case of something like rape (a woman shouldn't be forced to give birth to some degenerate's child, conceived without consent, this is kind of a given) or incest (usually for the same reasons of rape, plus incest = sickly children with severe autism), or that the parents are unfit to raise children (due to a health and/or financial issues).

Other than that, if the parents are capable and the child is going to be healthy and without a severe disability(s), then you're just murdering a person who would have become a contributing member of society and lived a fulfilling life for absolutely no reason other than that you were to stupid to use protection or simply NOT. HAVE. SEX. ("b-but muh animalistic urges!")

Frankly though if you have the mentality that that's OK, i.e., view abortion more as a "Get out of jail free card!" than the last result to an unfortunate case, you should probably be euthanized for being an amoral narcissist anyway.

Holy shit 4chan user detected haha

I thought I was the only one

I have to agree with there on all parts actually

I hate both pro life and pro choice sides I'm glad there is something more in the middle like this

I just wanna say one thing, I generally don't speak a whole lot on abortion because I haven't figured out my stance myself:

incest by itself is harmless, and inbreeding generally only results in serious genetic flaws when it happens over multiple generations, and even then it's not a massive increase all things considered, unless it's close relations like parent/child or sibling/sibling.

ಠ_ಠ

Wait, did you just contradict yourself? I don't fully understand what you just said.

Wait, did you just contradict yourself? I don't fully understand what you just said.

assuming each generation is a result of inbreeding

generation 1: cousin/cousin is basically the same as anyone else, sibling/sibling and parent/child holds a measurable but minor increase of genetic defects

generation 2: cousin/cousin sees a small increase in the chance of genetic disorder, sibling/sibling and parent/child starts to get risky

generation 3: cousin/cousin is pretty risky, sibling/sibling and parent/child is around 20-30% chance of major genetic disorders iirc

---

completely unrelated to the previous post:

http://nypost.com/2014/11/27/cops-release-video-of-officer-fatally-shooting-12-year-old/

Since I haven´t seen a post of what happening in Mexico (And i don´t know if there´s people here who hate mexicans and or illegals here but hear me out please) Will do a quick one, resuming what is happening as today:

1: Please don´t believe in the internet shit that said "Hurr durr Mexico gov is super oppressive 43 normalistas never forgut bla bla bla candigato morris herp derp" Even if the 43 deaths are a sad issue, in fact, those "normalistas" were nothing more than "vandals" Why? Oh well, nothing really, they just steal some buses, burn some business and make some chaos. Alongside hundreds of more. That the mayor of Ayotzinapa said the order of killing them, was his biggest mistake.

People are using the incident of those guys to gain propaganda, in order to impose the guy they want on the chair. Believing they are doing the right thing. Yes, mexican president is an idiot and needs to be put down. But who to put? Well not the guy who you are working for.

Yes there was a big wave of violence, in wich i was deeply affected, it was just that, either if was ordered by the old political party to scare people and gain power again, the lack of job or because a bunch of idiots didn´t want to work and choose the easy way , I cannot be so sure, and Im inclined more to the third option.

Yet, there is job in here, but we have millions of lazy fucks who want to work a fucking hour and win the money of their lives, and believe crossing the border will solve their laziness. But they´re only giving a bad image of mexicans. And even if they success, they end up becoming the very same ones who they hate at the beggining (xenophobic, racist) or they children do.

And reality isn´t like that folks. Fast money have his consecuences and it is needed time and effort to be able to produce the money you want, and big sacrifices. But try to tell that to millions of mex people who instead of working, spend their time doing nothing and the money they win spend it on beer or whatever, but in nothing to provide for their families. And complain they´re fucking hungry, have no job and bla bla bla.

3: In Mexico, any fucking person can became president, when having the right "friends" And pretty much the job is at sale to the one who can buy it.

4: Most of the massive protest of teachers, workers of CFE and other big companies start to bitching around because the top guys decided to actually do a good thing and expelled the bitch who was ruling the educational system.

5: They need a fucking job. Seriously. All what they need (anarquist, protestors, normalistas and all those who are causing mess) is to grab a fucking job, stop bitching around, win money and don´t ruining other people lifes and business.

The change they want so badly, are in them. They need to fix themselves first, saw their mistakes and yes, protest, gov is bad and country is bad but please, find a change that will be for the good of everyone, not for the good of those very very phew who want the fucking same.

Even if you don´t believe me, goverment jobs are a mine of gold.

Their "revolution" will happen and won´t be a good one for the hard working people who actually pay taxes and live a good happy life.

Yes there is corruption (and a big big one) as in any other countrys, but the main problem of many mexicans is that many, many of them are waiting for the messaiah whit a rainbow colored flag riding an unicorn to solve the fucking mess and save the country, wich in fact, all the guys who aim to the chair, wants nothing more than the big ass paycheck.

And that´s it. (Don´t know how to put "spoilers" so, sorry for the big post"

Edited by HolyKnight