The Political Soap Box

Maelstrom

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the autopsy confirm that there was no struggle and that he had his hands up when he was killed?

Also, the shooting had nothing to do with the robbery. Absolutely nothing to do with the robbery.

Supporting on this; the police themselves stated that the robbery was not the reason they targeted Brown.

And regardless of whatever petty crimes Brown committed, it's true to the end that they shot and took his life, and there is no goddamn excuse for that.

Supporting on this; the police themselves stated that the robbery was not the reason they targeted Brown.

And regardless of whatever petty crimes Brown committed, it's true to the end that they shot and took his life, and there is no goddamn excuse for that.

WAS I NOT THE FIRST PERSON WHO SAID THE ROBBER WAS IRRELEVANT TO THE SHOOTING? And that was way before the link to John Oliver's take on the situation.

If Brown had tried to take the officer's gun, that would absolutely excuse the shooting. To take an officer's gun when the officer wasn't using it is a threat to officer, assuming intent to use it to threaten or plain old end his life (because if he wasn't using the gun, it isn't defense). Absolutely acceptable to fire in that instance.

Listening to the eyewitnesses, it almost sounds like an accident that he was shot in the head. All those shots hit Brown in the side, and the very last... the very last shot hits him in the head and stops him dead cold.

You are too quick to assume no reason, no excuse to take a life, karpy.

And as I said, the robbery lends credit to the idea that Brown would have used violence against the cop and thus forced him into using his firearm.

it's true to the end that they shot and took his life, and there is no goddamn excuse for that.

you're right, a cop dying would have been preferable.

You are not looking at the possible outcomes.

the injuring and killing of protestors,

What did you mean then if police weren't actually killing protestors? Speak up now, because that is what you said.

"Killer Mike"

He identifies himself as a killer. I am so likely to take his word seriously, Neo. So serious, Imma call 911 and report his ass. Killer knows all about peace and protests and law enforcement that doesn't kill anyone because he obviously has experience. He totally stands out from all the other shit rappers that brag how they are ganster and off everybody who looks and them wrong or gets in they way. It wasn't a black culture that said a man's word is his bond, because I can't count as high as there are rappers who are full if it.

Neo. WTF is this shit?

I will edit to add more once I have listened to the full video. Prepare your anus, Neo.

Edit:

prison as the cornerstone of economics... right...

because prisoners aren't fucking treated better than US infantry soldiers. Because it doesn't cost taxpayers millions/billions to provide for prisoners.

What did you mean then if police weren't actually killing protestors? Speak up now, because that is what you said.

"Killer Mike"

He identifies himself as a killer. I am so likely to take his word seriously, Neo. So serious, Imma call 911 and report his ass. Killer knows all about peace and protests and law enforcement that doesn't kill anyone because he obviously has experience. He totally stands out from all the other shit rappers that brag how they are ganster and off everybody who looks and them wrong or gets in they way. It wasn't a black culture that said a man's word is his bond, because I can't count as high as there are rappers who are full if it.

Neo. WTF is this shit?

I will edit to add more once I have listened to the full video. Prepare your anus, Neo.

You're too quick to assume shit about Killer Mike and Neo, yet you're telling me that I'm too quick to assume stuff.

Sit down.

You're too quick to assume shit about Killer Mike and Neo, yet you're telling me that I'm too quick to assume stuff.

Sit down.

I said I would add more once I had seen the rest of the video. I'm trying to make a point of word choice and first impressions.

you're right, a cop dying would have been preferable.

You are not looking at the possible outcomes.

Dude, Mael, holy shit, calm down. I'm simply basing this on what I've heard on the autopsy, where it shows that he had his hands up when shot and was a fair distance away from the cop according to eyewitness accounts; with that in mind, I find it hard to believe the case could've ever been an accident at all. Trying to view it as a closer distance scenario heavily complicates things, broadens the list of possible outcomes to the point of pure speculation and "what if" and brings question to how the cop himself is unharmed. I understand that you're trying to see this from the different points of view but right now you're trying to rip me a new one by now thinking that I feel the cop there should've been the one to die (although I will admit I heavily resent him for what he has done). When in the everliving fuck did I say that the cop should've been the one to die, to deserve to die, and how on earth would that have happened in this case?

In regards to you already saying that the robbery was irrelevant to the shooting, my apologies; I didn't notice you said that earlier and that was a dumb mistake on my part.

I'd also like to apologize for about halfway back in the thread when we'd first received news about the situation; I came to pass judgement WAY too quickly and got angry as fuck over what I thought they were doing, with lack of detailed knowledge on the situation.

"Police see a lot more of the worst in human behavior, they don't see the best."

It's their job to protect us from the worst.

Using ex-military in the police. That has been true for a long time. Using military tactics? They are relevant to a police job.

Militarizing police? Didn't he just acknowledge that they were hiring ex-military for the police?

An area policed by strangers.

Bitch, don't you realize how that means the area is policed by people who are unaware of local bias, racism, and hypocrisy? They see the situation without prior bias from the area.

Children do childish stuff. Police are human and make human mistakes.

"It's systematic" Oprah, Michael Jordan, LeBron, JayZ, Beyonce... they have these examples, but they're the exception. OK. They have far more people telling them to be different. Other rappers and gang members. Which is easier? To be talented and creative or anybody else?

black males are the least looked upon. Okay. what values do black males profess? I can only look the the most obvious and blatant media examples: the rappers who talk about sex, weed, money. The dude who raps about taking your girl, shooting people, and driving fancy cars. Maybe that's not who they are, but that's what it says to me when popular artists become popular. You think anybody listening to that shit wants a thing to do with people who share those values? Get mean mugged and beat a nigga up? Fuck no. The people who have the money, who have power over the money making jobs... they don't want those kinds of people. They can't trust people who seem to have those values.

"Violate the rights of an 18 yo african american child." The cop had little way of knowing his age. Even the parents said he looked older than he was. The way he said it you think he was conscious of the fact that he was african american and a child. Does age and race matter to anyone who is attacked? Certainly not the forefront of MY mind if I was out in public and had a disagreement with a stranger and got attacked.

Dude, Mael, holy shit, calm down. I'm simply basing this on what I've heard on the autopsy, where it shows that he had his hands up when shot and was a fair distance away from the cop according to eyewitness accounts; with that in mind, I find it hard to believe the case could've ever been an accident at all. Trying to view it as a closer distance scenario heavily complicates things, broadens the list of possible outcomes to the point of pure speculation and "what if" and brings question to how the cop himself is unharmed. I understand that you're trying to see this from the different points of view but right now you're trying to rip me a new one by now thinking that I feel the cop there should've been the one to die (although I will admit I heavily resent him for what he has done). When in the everliving fuck did I say that the cop should've been the one to die, to deserve to die, and how on earth would that have happened in this case?

In regards to you already saying that the robbery was irrelevant to the shooting, my apologies; I didn't notice you said that earlier and that was a dumb mistake on my part.

I'd also like to apologize for about halfway back in the thread when we'd first received news about the situation; I came to pass judgement WAY too quickly and got angry as fuck over what I thought they were doing, with lack of detailed knowledge on the situation.

It says that it's POSSIBLE that his hands were up. it doesn't mention ALL the possibilities other than he was at an angle. If you or a football player were tackling someone, you would not be straight up, you would be bent forward. That provides an angle.

What you are talking about is not definitive, the end all, be all. It is only one possibility the autopsy authority recognizes. It doesn't mention the alternatives. So, a bit of information is omitted because it only shows the one statement chosen by the family that seems to support them.

Have you ever fired a handgun before?

Have you ever fired one from the hip?

I ask you to try this before you pass judgement.

The president said there is a perception and there is a reality.

"This 'thug life' has to end. It serves to fill cemeteries and prisons for foolishness." I couldn't agree more.

Oh, so he is killer Mike because he kills microphones. He's the first person I've heard to have a reasonable explanation for a name like that. With no background context OTHER THAN THE OTHER HUNDREDS OF RAPPERS BEFORE HIM, I thought the worst of him. What's in a name? Connotation. That is the goddam answer. Connotation.

Gangster rapper is tongue in cheek. Okay. Glad there was a waving flag that told me he was different from all the other fucking rappers out there.

African Americans should be donating to African countries and not worrying how people perceive them.

Too late, and you should be worrying. Because they don't trust in the African Americans as they perceive them. Rap. Baggy jeans and shirts. There is a cultural disconnect. Baggy shirts and jeans are seen as undisciplined and lazy. IDGAF attitude says they can't be bothered about their job, the company they work for, or the other people who work for their company. Flare < I Care. The value and perceptions are so different, is it really any wonder that black males aren't trusted?

"Gangster rapper is code for I say very harsh, real, and brutal stuff, just like my dad saw in the street."

Thanks for the clarification. Noone I know would have had any idea that that is what you meant because nobody else uses it like that. Lrn2English, because that is not the definition of gangster and has never before been used as a code word for talking about the truth.

African Americans should be donating to African countries and not worrying how people perceive them.

Too late, and you should be worrying. Because they don't trust in the African Americans as they perceive them. Rap. Baggy jeans and shirts. There is a cultural disconnect. Baggy shirts and jeans are seen as undisciplined and lazy. IDGAF attitude says they can't be bothered about their job, the company they work for, or the other people who work for their company. Flare < I Care. The value and perceptions are so different, is it really any wonder that black males aren't trusted?

Lemme ask you something. Since there was slavery, Jim Crowe laws, and Apartheid, is it any wonder that Whites are looked at as racists when they attack colored people?

It says that it's POSSIBLE that his hands were up. it doesn't mention ALL the possibilities other than he was at an angle. If you or a football player were tackling someone, you would not be straight up, you would be bent forward. That provides an angle.

What you are talking about is not definitive, the end all, be all. It is only one possibility the autopsy authority recognizes. It doesn't mention the alternatives. So, a bit of information is omitted because it only shows the one statement chosen by the family that seems to support them.

Have you ever fired a handgun before?

Have you ever fired one from the hip?

I ask you to try this before you pass judgement.

Fair enough; I can't make an argument too convincing anyway, since that's about all the information I have and it'd be stupid of me to press the matter. I'm not saying the autopsy itself is definitive (sorry if I ended up wording it that way)... and yeah, I'm no expert on how the handgun would work either.

Refraining from making any replies regarding the video because this is some sensitive shit we're walking in to, and while I do have my two cents on the most recent post regarding it I think there's been enough treading on thin ice for now.

What happens Darren Wilson (the cop in the incident) is not arrested?

*Skips over the obvious commercial about a disabled war vet and John Walsh's new program about hunting down bad, bad people*

Obvious priorities are obvious.

He's got a barber shop has is frequented by some law enforcement figures. Why doesn't he talk about some of their own thoughts and opinions on the situation?

He's afraid everyone's rights have been thrown out the window, not just African Americans. Too bad he can't consider the stress involved in being a police officer. He might feel the fear and distress of not being trusted, but how well does he know the stress of being in danger because everybody and anybody could own a gun and turn it on them?

What happens Darren Wilson (the cop in the incident) is not arrested?

*Skips over the obvious commercial about a disabled war vet and John Walsh's new program about hunting down bad, bad people*

Obvious priorities are obvious.

He's got a barber shop has is frequented by some law enforcement figures. Why doesn't he talk about some of their own thoughts and opinions on the situation?

He's afraid everyone's rights have been thrown out the window, not just African Americans. Too bad he can't consider the stress involved in being a police officer. He might feel the fear and distress of not being distrusted, but how well does he know the stress of being in danger because everybody and anybody could own a gun and turn it on them?

I gotta give you that. I mean there's not very much freedom, but at the same time, was there ever?

Wow Maelstrom, is that how you really feel. Music is an expression of ones self. Whether they lived what they rap about or have parental experience, it comes from the heart. This obviously does not pertain to everyone that raps. And you are OC for that African American comment. Are you black? just wondering.

Wow Maelstrom, is that how you really feel. Music is an expression of ones self. Whether they lived what they rap about or have parental experience, it comes from the heart. This obviously does not pertain to everyone that raps. And you are OC for that African American comment. Are you black? just wondering.

He's not black.

Whether its this situation or illegal traffic stops, or policemen asking questions that directly interfere with 5th amendment rights, things are so lax that people we hold in the office, and the people they appoint, the people we pay to protect and server us... we as a people have to be more vigilant.

Or maybe not distrust them at the first time of trial and tribulation.

Granted, this is kind of a special situation where race has played an important part in this town. The officer was just given an award for great service over the recent past.

Whether its this situation or illegal traffic stops, or policemen asking questions that directly interfere with 5th amendment rights. Things are so lax that people we hold in the office, and the people they appoint, the people we pay to protect and server us... we as a people have to be more vigilant.

Or maybe not not-trust them at the first time of trial and tribulation.

Speaking of office, I haven't seen Obama in this situation. It's weird considering that this is about people of his race.