HAIL DAVE

Summer

Okay uh. Bad pun for title aside, I've actually done a hail team before. After looking at http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3189, I've decided to make a brand new one.

>.gif

DAVE (460) @ Leftovers

Trait: Snow Warning

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Ice Shard

- Wood Hammer

- Substitute

- Sword Dance

Weather-bringer. SD behind a sub and start sweeping. Leftovers will bring back the hp taken from Sub and Wood Hammer while Hail shaves off hp. Quite a solo-runner, actually.

.gif

DAVE (121) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Blizzard

- Rapid Spin

- Psychic

- Surf

Basic Starmie set. Rapid Spin to take away deadly Rocks and TS while doing decent STAB or Hail-induced damage.

.gif

DAVE (478) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Snow Cloak

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Destiny Bond

- Icy Wind

- Pain Split

- Spikes

Ah, Froslass. Froslass is amazing, simply because it's uh... Nice art? Icy Wind to slow the opponent, ensuring Destiny Bond takes place faster.Pain Split and Sash makes a nice combo. SPikes is absolutely neccessary. My team can't be sweeping and meeting Sashes mid-game. Also Hail + Spikes = around 25% damage of opponent's hp.

.gif

DAVE (473) @ Choice Band

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spd

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Superpower

- Stone Edge

4 speed for Speed ties. Other then that, Movepool for deadly POWs and 252 Defense since I don't really know where to put it.

>.gif

DAVE (471) @ Leftovers

Trait: Ice Body

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

- Wish

- Protect

- Blizzard

- Toxic

ALmost all Eeveelutions are deadly walls. DAVE Glaceon here is no exception. Wish + Protect does decent walling while Toxic and Hail shaves off Life points. Blizzard cuz STAB.

.gif

DAVE (461) @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Punch

- Ice Shard

- Brick Break

- Night Slash

Basic Hit-and-Kill Set. Life Orb > My original choice for Ice Gem for more POW. Brick Break away the screens. Ice Punch for decent STAB and Shard for DAT 1 HP.

Also, importable.

DAVE (Abomasnow) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Snow Warning

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd

- Ice Shard

- Wood Hammer

- Substitute

- Ingrain

DAVE (Starmie) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

- Blizzard

- Rapid Spin

- Psychic

- Surf

DAVE (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Destiny Bond

- Icy Wind

- Pain Split

- Spikes

DAVE (Mamoswine) (F) @ Choice Band

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Superpower

- Stone Edge

DAVE (Glaceon) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Ice Body

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

- Wish

- Protect

- Blizzard

- Toxic

DAVE (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Punch

- Ice Shard

- Brick Break

- Night Slash

I've never really done a RMT properly so if it's boring, please hate and flame. GG World~

One Thing Use Stealth Rock on Mamoswine

Use Ice Beam on Glaceon because Blizzard Has Less Accuracy

Remove Blizzard And Use Thunder on Starmie

I give it 8.5/10 marks

Good Team

Did you even- I don't even- I'm simply speechless.

First off, other then the fact Pictures are broken, there are many clues to say that this is a Hail Team.

Okay so for Mamodude. Stealth Rocks + Choice Band. How long have you been in competitive?

Use Ice Beam on Glaceon because Blizzard Has Less Accuracy

> Blizzard has lesser accuracy

> In Hail

._. My face right now.

Remove Blizzard And Use Thunder on Starmie

> Thunder

> In Hail

>In Hail

>In fucking Hail

Wat.

Surf On Politoed Are You mad brother Surf Is Not Very Effective its just -2 percent .Thunder Will be Good If Your Opponent Use Jellicent And You Cant Use Surf Now What You Do ??

Edited by Unknown Guy

I actually use a scarf on Mamoswine when I run it, while running Adamant. That way it actually outspeeds some pretty nasty threats to the team. Stupid steel types...

First, now that I read the responses, why the flying crap would you even THINK of using Thunder on a hail team?

You want to know how often that will hit? The Accuracy of the move in HAIL, SUN and SANDSTORM. (Get the jist of what Im trying to imply?) is a measly 50. So that's basically a 1/2 chance to do damage in a turn. While the power is worth it to some people. I most certainly know better.

Same for blizzard. Except in hail, BLIZZARD ALWAYS HITS. So thats BETTER than Ice Beam.

I'll edit this, and link my top level mono ice BL team later.

I actually use a scarf on Mamoswine when I run it, while running Adamant. That way it actually outspeeds some pretty nasty threats to the team. Stupid steel types... First, now that I read the responses, why the flying crap would you even THINK of using Thunder on a hail team? You want to know how often that will hit? The Accuracy of the move in HAIL, SUN and SANDSTORM. (Get the jist of what Im trying to imply?) is a measly 50. So that's basically a 1/2 chance to do damage in a turn. While the power is worth it to some people. I most certainly know better. Same for blizzard. Except in hail, BLIZZARD ALWAYS HITS. So thats BETTER than Ice Beam. I'll edit this, and link my top level mono ice BL team later.

Thank you for sharing my thoughts.

I've actually considered Scarf but I've thought that it was too slow even with that 1.5 boost. So I increased it's already deadly attack stats.

And One Thing More Why You Are using Ingrain On Abomasnow ? I think you need to remove ingrain and use Blizzard .

I take it you're not very good at battling.

Seems pretty decent, Summer. Also link to add them, bro.

use Sunkern.

when Opponent has A magikarp, What You do??? Now What you Do, Huh????

Sunkern With absorb ohko Magikarp and Everything else On the pokedex

No Tension Bro He Has Abmasnow With Wood Hammer. Grass Type Moves Is very Good On Magikarp. So Magikarp Is Not A Big Tension.

" Stealth Rocks + Choice Band. How long have you been in competitive?

How long have you been in competitive to not even run Stealth Rocks on your team?

Team is extremely weak to fire, fighting and steel. 6 ice types on a team is pure genius, surprised I haven't thought of this before.

>.>

Anyway, assuming this is a normal team and not a mono-ice team(it said no-where it was a monotype team), I would like to propose the following pokemon;

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Lava Plume

- Toxic

- Roar

All competitive teams need stealth rock, so here you go, a solid stealth rocker, immune to fire type moves which will just completely rape your entire team as well as being a good counter to U-Turners such as genesect, who heatran walls completely.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald/Surf

- Taunt

- Will-O-Wisp/Toxic

- Recover

Jellicent is a solid counter to fighting type pokemon which also coincidentally walk through your entire team. Solid defence stats and typing give Jellicent a good type synergy with heatran and abomasnow, which make them a solid core.

also use sprites.pokecheck.org for sprites, they actually work.

and also; to the person who said thunder had only 50 accuracy in hail, sand and sun; you are horribly incorrect. Thunder has 50 accuracy in sun only. Hail and sand give Thunder 70 accuracy(Which is the same as focus blast, in case you didn't know), and give 100% accuracy in rain. Assuming the user of this team has some degree of skill in predicting, he can catch the opponents politoed on the switch and nail it with a powerful Thunder, which will give the user a huge advantage.

Also if you decide to keep Mamoshite, use jolly with 252 speed and 252 attack, 4 sp def, so you can actually outspeed and kill shit like breloom and dnite before they set up(284 speed)

jesus christ...

• I'd go with a Scarf on the Mamoswine then have it learn Icicle Crash. Attack is already high enough at 394. The Speed gain from the Scarf can then compensate. You already have two Ice Shard users (Weavile and Abomasnow) So no real need to have a boosted Ice Shard on Mamoswine when you can have an attack that is much more devastating. If you're not too fond of running Icicle Crash due to its 90 accuracy, then my recommendation would be Icicle Spear as it has perfect accuracy and with the scarf will outspeed most Pokemon anyway.

• Five of your Pokemon are weak to fire, with one Double weakness - that is disgustingly crippling. I suggest having Leftovers Heatran somewhere in there to take the Fire attacks (the leftovers would heal Hail damage). That and Mamoswine could really use Thick Fat. Slashing the Fire weakness anywhere you can is invaluable.

Edited by rc52

• I'd go with a Scarf on the Mamoswine then have it learn Icicle Crash. Attack is already high enough at 394. The Speed gain from the Scarf can then compensate. You already have two Ice Shard users (Weavile and Abomasnow) So no real need to have a boosted Ice Shard on Mamoswine when you can have an attack that is much more devastating. If you're not too fond of running Icicle Crash due to its 90 accuracy, then my recommendation would be Icicle Spear as it has perfect accuracy and with the scarf will outspeed most Pokemon anyway.

• Five of your Pokemon are weak to fire, with one Double weakness - that is disgustingly crippling. I, like Rupe, suggest having Leftovers Heatran somewhere in there to take the Fire attacks (the Leftovers would heal Hail damage). That and Mamoswine could really use Thick Fat. Slashing the Fire weakness anywhere you can is invaluable. Otherwise, your team will bow before fast Fire-types like Blaziken, Infernape, and Volcarona with no hope in hell of countering save through Starmie.

Edited by rc52

Rofl.

Like, really ? I mean, most of the time, rmt here don't even make sense and aren't competitive at all. But, damn, saying to a noob that he sucks at this game when you're as bad as him, it's just fucking stupid.

You talk about competitive battling while running an enormous weakness to steel, fighting and fire, like who run 5 ice mons on the same team ?

Just CBzor come on 5/6 of your team without giving a shit, same goes for terrakion, and other big threats like loom or volcarona that are everywere in this meta.

Take the Heatran suggestion, as it provides you SR (rofl you don't run sr), a volca (except HP ground variants) and CBzor check if you predict correctly.

As you lack speed (weavile won't do the job), go for a scarf gene that actually give you a revenge killer and a way to scout to your own weather. Too lazy to give you an importable set, 252/252 with u-turn/blizzard/flamethrower/thunderbolt looks legit.

Gene over this random weavile. You don't need a weavile, rofl.

I'd suggest a Latias over the glaceon, as glaceon suck, rofl. I would go for 196 sAtk/252speed/56HP with a moveset like Dmetor/HP fire/Surf/Recover.

Latias actually give you a sun check, that you definitely need.

Read Rupe comment for the set change.

DAVE (473) @ Choice Band

Dafuq ?

Rofl.

Like, really ? I mean, most of the time, rmt here don't even make sense and aren't competitive at all. But, damn, saying to a noob that he sucks at this game when you're as bad as him, it's just fucking stupid.

You talk about competitive battling while running an enormous weakness to steel, fighting and fire, like who run 5 ice mons on the same team ?

Just CBzor come on 5/6 of your team without giving a shit, same goes for terrakion, and other big threats like loom or volcarona that are everywere in this meta.

Oh please oh mighty Skywayz educate me in your magnificent ways of battling. Did you miss the part where this is a hail team? As for that little 5/6 comment, look at your league team and promptly shut up.

Nice try, lmao.

So hail team=put 6 ice mons together so we can abuse blizzard ? lololol.

Hail isn't a weather that you abuse, you run hail as an Anti-meta weather, more a way to cancel your opp weather.

But yeah agree, it's totally normal that scizor clean all his team, hail suck so much that it's suppose to be owned by one of the biggest threat of the meta.

Same goes for terrakion. Keldeo. Lucario. Volcarona. Heatran. Genesect.

but yeah true lolz, its hail so lets spam the blizzard for moar powerz^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As for my 'league team' rofl, it's a team that brought me #1 here lots of time. It's legit, it's classical and overall good. And rofl, it's fucking damn old. Do you think I bother with this league ?

Oh please oh mighty Skywayz educate me in your magnificent ways of battling. Did you miss the part where this is a hail team? As for that little 5/6 comment, look at your league team and promptly shut up.

Sarcasm was horrible, please stop using it online xd.

Anyway, so what it's a hail team? lmfao, just because its a hail team doesnt mean it cant have pokemon synergy? unless you think throwing 5 pokemon of the same type is a way to construct a solid team?xd

And btw whats wrong with the team posted in his signature, he doesn't have 5 of the exact same type, and the water weakness is covered by two solid resists?

please take another look at his league team, realise it is actually good and promptly shut up.

Edited by Rupe

• Administrators

Am I going to have to threaten to lock every RMT both of you post in...? ._.;

I know you guys can do this without attacking each other, so please do.