Weatherless OU Team

Legacy

Hey everyone. This is pretty much the first weatherless OU team I've made in a while with good reason. My old battling styles were getting a little stale, so I needed to step out of my rather grimy mold and look for something different from my old self. I half-succeeded.

Anyway enough blathering. Here is the team from start to finish:

At a Glance:

Sableye_BW.gifbw_448_lucario_sprite_by_azureblaxis-d36821a.gif462.gifShiny_Haxorus_BW.gif472.gifTogekiss_BW.gif

Build up:

The first pokemon I used was Haxorus because, pure and simply, I've never used it before.

Shiny_Haxorus_BW.gif

Next, I needed a pokemon to take hits for Haxorus, as well as to deal with steel types who resist his moves. This called for Magnezone.

462.gifShiny_Haxorus_BW.gif

With these two positions filled, I decided to find a dedicated special attacker. I considered the likes of Alakazam at first (and am still considering it), but I decided to give Special Lucario a shot.

bw_448_lucario_sprite_by_azureblaxis-d36821a.gif462.gifShiny_Haxorus_BW.gif

From here, it became immediately apparent that I had ground, fighting and fire weakness. I also wanted a physical and a special wall. Cue Gliscor and Togekiss respectively.

bw_448_lucario_sprite_by_azureblaxis-d36821a.gif462.gifShiny_Haxorus_BW.gif472.gifTogekiss_BW.gif

The final pokemon was the lead, and I had no hesitation in bringing in Sableye. With a ground weakness on 2 members of my team, and with SR forever being an issue, I know from experience that Sableye can shut down opposing leads. This completed the team.

Sableye_BW.gifbw_448_lucario_sprite_by_azureblaxis-d36821a.gif462.gifShiny_Haxorus_BW.gif472.gifTogekiss_BW.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sableye_BW.gif

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SDef / 8 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Recover

- Will-O-Wisp

- Snarl

- Taunt

My standard Sableye lead. EVs are designed to reduce passive damage (odd HP) and to outspeed MOST opposing Sableye leads. Recover and Taunt are standards on this set, with WoW shutting down the majority of physical attackers. Snarl is a preferred filler move for me, since it deals with special attackers quite nicely.

bw_448_lucario_sprite_by_azureblaxis-d36821a.gif

Lucario (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Inner Focus

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Aura Sphere

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Dark Pulse

NP Lucario is one I've not really tried out. NP is, of course the general crux of the set. Aura Sphere deals quite a bit of damage at +2, without the chances of a miss (unlike Focus Blast). I was considering Vacuum Wave here, but chose power over priority in this instance. Dark Pulse works really well in tandem with Aura Sphere (and the flinch chance is always nice). With HP Ice rounding the set off with perfect coverage, this moveset is, in some sense, a special version of my much-loved Scrafty set.

462.gif

Magnezone @ Leftovers

Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd

- Substitute

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Flash Cannon

Love this thing more than I thought I would. Switch it in on Ferrothorn/Forretress/Scizor (locked into Bug Bite/Bullet Punch)/Skarmory, and my opponent hopelessly watches as it destroys them. HP Fire is useful on 3 of these, with TBolt dealing with Skarm. Sub allows Magnezone to essentially take a hit from a surprise Superpower on non-choiced Scizor, or to protect it when my opponent brings in their next pokemon. Flash Cannon is mostly filler, and is quite situational. Nonetheless, it merits a position for the time being.

Shiny_Haxorus_BW.gif

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Swords Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

I can't express my love for this thing. Double Dance was something I was rather unsure on, but the benefits of it are phenomenal. Use the appropriate Dance for the team you're facing, then off we go. On a few occasions I've had the chance to set up one of each dance, and the result is sheer destruction. Outrage is STAB, and not many things can take it. Even a lot of pokemon that resist it can't switch in without the risk of being 2HKO'd. EQ deals with most pokemon who would switch in while I'm setting up, Ferrothorn being the general exception. Lum Berry is much needed here. If I set up unhindered, it allows me to recover from confusion after Outrage. If not, then at least I'm not burdened by burn/paralysis.

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Roost

- Taunt

An interesting set that I was given by a good friend of mine. With Roost and Toxic Heal, Gliscor is recovering 62.5% HP. MASSIVE! Stealth Rocks work well with this team, giving my sweepers an easier job, and destroying any focus sashes (which I've seen a number of). Taunt is just for setup sweepers and the like really, and is more of a filler.

Togekiss_BW.gif

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Air Slash

- Thunder Wave

- Heal Bell

- Roost

The standard ParaFlinch Togekiss with support in Heal Bell. Roost heals damage dealt to Togekiss, allowing it to continue it's Sp.def walling.

So there it is. This is my team =] Crits are much appreciated, since I'm always looking to improve my teams. The importable is below.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SDef / 8 Spd

- Recover

- Will-O-Wisp

- Snarl

- Taunt

Lucario (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Inner Focus

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Nasty Plot

- Aura Sphere

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Dark Pulse

Magnezone @ Leftovers

Trait: Magnet Pull

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd

- Substitute

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Flash Cannon

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Swords Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Roost

- Taunt

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SDef

Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Air Slash

- Thunder Wave

- Heal Bell

- Roost

• 2 weeks later...

first i wanna say you have a nice rmt layout :P.

now for the serious stuff!

Gliscor should have protect instead of roost because protect makes gliscor heal additional hp and you can also scout out what your opponent is doing.

also since you said you had taunt as a filler i might reccomend giving it ice fang just because it can also take down flying pokes which would otherwise take no damage from earthquake.

Also why do you have leftovers on lucario. chances are it will be 1 hit koed by most pokes so i propose either giving it a focus sash or fighting/dark gem.

otherwise its ok team. gl with it!

Nice RMT

I noticed that you have three Pokemon weak to Ice. Granted, you have Magnezone with HP fire and Lucario to deal with that, they don't deal with it well. In fact, Gliscor could be this team's undoing.

472.gif

@ Toxic Orb

EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spd

- Protect

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

Lucario has HP Ice in a bold attempt of dealing with it, but what're you gonna do if it doesn't OHKO? You're basically boned when he falls. Heaven forbid a Kyruem comes out against you. I suggest finding a fix to this.

Otherwise, nice team and nice RMT.

Hi. Quick rate so sorry if it seems rushed.

Try Rotom-W > Togekiss

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Thunder Wave

- Rest

Specially Defensive Rotom-W allows you to take special attacks, spread paralysis and still retain momentum and pressure on the opponent a lot more reliably than Togekiss. Seems to fit in well with your offensive based team more than a Togekiss.

Also run Deoxys-S > Sableye. Sableye kills your offensive pressure, and deoxys-S is a good lead for more offensive teams, easily laying a few layers of hazards before dying and allowing your sweepers to come in.(This will allow you to run a more offensive Gliscor, or a more potent sweeper)

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

- Stealth Rock

- Spikes

- Magic Coat / Taunt

- Psycho Boost

Also, Special Lucario really isn't that viable in BW2 OU. Try out the Double Priority Luke or a different, better sweeper.

Edited by Rupe

• I'm with Erick, Gliscor needs more than one attack. However, a SubSD set isn't bad on Gliscor because of its bulk. Protect works just as well as Sub here I guess. And with Deoxys-S having Stealth Rock, you can axe that on Gliscor in favor of Swords Dance. As for the other attack...you have a few viable options. Stone Edge, Double-Edge, Aerial Ace, Night Slash, they all work. I wouldn't really use Ice Fang though, it's too weak. Personally, I prefer Double-Edge as it grants near-perfect coverage except against Gengar and Mismagius but Gliscor shouldn't ideally be facing those one-on-one anyway as it will lose almost every time.
  • Special Lucario actually IS viable in BW2 OU, just not that much with your team as the team overall needs a bit more physical presence. A Sashed set with Close Combat, Swords Dance, ExtremeSpeed and either Ice Punch or Crunch. Run Justified for the ability as Deoxys-S is your lead and thus you can switch Lucario into Crunch or Dark Pulse and BAM Lucario gets a +1. Be careful though as your Sash will be rendered useless. However the ability does provide some flexibility.

Overall, the team as it stands gets 8/10 from me. Nice.