Little Help please :D

Trufa

Hello there guys, after long time breeding I came up with a good team. But with the moves available inside the game plus the team, I don't have anything specific strong against Electric and Fairy. My team is:

Blaziken with Speed boost

Moves: Brave Bird, Sky Uppercut, Blaze kick, Bulk Up

Roserade with Technician

Moves: Toxic Spikes, Extrasensory, Magical Leaf, Dazzling Gleam

Greninga with Protean

Moves: Extrasensory, Scald, Water Shuriken, Dark Pulse

Gengar with Cursed Body

Moves: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Destiny Bond

Staraptor with Reckless

Moves: Brave Bird, Close Combat, Roost, Aerial Ace (soon will learn U-turn)

Raichu with Static

Moces: Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Electric Terrain

Since we don't have access to TMs Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb and Earthquake, I ended up with those two 'weaknesses'. In my opinion the best pokemon to leave my team is Raichu and maybe Staraptor and Gengar but I don't know which pokemon to replace. I have some pokemon in rotation, they are: Alakazam, Leavanny, Rhyperior, Hearcross, Grabull, Vanilluxe, Mismagius, Noivern, Meowstic, Gyarados, Zoroark, Toxicroak, Haxorus, Floatzel, Ampharos, Metagross, Lucario, Gardevoir and Flygon. All of them are pokemon that I like or that heard that is very strong on reborn.

My goal is to have at least a move strong against each type but I wasn't able to come up with a combination, can anybody give me a hand? Thanks!

@walpurgis @Sayia Between Steelix and Excadrill, I'll go with Exca.

@Thundermaze Why should I replace Staraptor with Crobat? I mean, it's a very fast pokemon, but Reckless Staraptor + Brave Bird make a great difference and besides, it has more base attack stat, which makes Close Combat really good. Please, convince me, I really like Crobat, but I can't see him stronger. As i saw he is in your team, you won't have a problem persuading me xPP

8 minutes ago, Trufa said:

@Thundermaze Why should I replace Staraptor with Crobat? I mean, it's a very fast pokemon, but Reckless Staraptor + Brave Bird make a great difference and besides, it has more base attack stat, which makes Close Combat really good. Please, convince me, I really like Crobat, but I can't see him stronger. As i saw he is in your team, you won't have a problem persuading me xPP

If anything I would breed staraptor so it gets double-edge, which I think you would appreciate especially seeing how straightforward offense-oriented your team is. 120 bp + reckless + stab make it a more than decent neutral coverage move against electric if you ever need it.

22 minutes ago, Trufa said:

I think your team has enough wallbreakers,you can use Crobat as a scout,and he is not a frail Poke like Staraptor,

That's my opinion though,Staraptor is not a bad Poke at all he is great offensively.

Both those 'birdies' are really strong indeed. Looking at your team and based on what the ladies have said I too agree that you should add a steel type on there and well since your team is indeed an all-out offensive Staraptor and Excadrill definitely fit that archetype better. Crobat is still a good option though since it does also have decent offensive presence.

Edited by Dartu-san

I bred this staraptor but I didn't pay attention to double edge when breeding, should have though..

Also I have never read how acrobatics work, now I see why a lot of people like it, 110 power and 100% accuracy are great and it won't get hit by it haha so I'll go back to breeding to get a good IV Zubat and Drillbur for my team.

3 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

I think your team has enough wallbreakers,you can use Crobat as a scout,and he is not a frail Poke like Staraptor,

That's my opinion though,Staraptor is not a bad Poke at all he is great offensively.

Hmm yeh I agree with that. Even offensive teams need a little bit of utility and a scout with a good typing like Crobat would be of more use for the team.

Edited by Dartu-san

1 hour ago, Trufa said:

Hello there guys, after long time breeding I came up with a good team. But with the moves available inside the game plus the team, I don't have anything specific strong against Electric and Fairy. My team is:

Blaziken with Speed boost

Moves: Brave Bird, Sky Uppercut, Blaze kick, Bulk Up

Roserade with Technician

Moves: Toxic Spikes, Extrasensory, Magical Leaf, Dazzling Gleam

Greninga with Protean

Moves: Extrasensory, Scald, Water Shuriken, Dark Pulse

Gengar with Cursed Body

Moves: Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Destiny Bond

Staraptor with Reckless

Moves: Brave Bird, Close Combat, Roost, Aerial Ace (soon will learn U-turn)

Raichu with Static

Moces: Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Electric Terrain

Since we don't have access to TMs Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb and Earthquake, I ended up with those two 'weaknesses'. In my opinion the best pokemon to leave my team is Raichu and maybe Staraptor and Gengar but I don't know which pokemon to replace. I have some pokemon in rotation, they are: Alakazam, Leavanny, Rhyperior, Hearcross, Grabull, Vanilluxe, Mismagius, Noivern, Meowstic, Gyarados, Zoroark, Toxicroak, Haxorus, Floatzel, Ampharos, Metagross, Lucario, Gardevoir and Flygon. All of them are pokemon that I like or that heard that is very strong on reborn.

My goal is to have at least a move strong against each type but I wasn't able to come up with a combination, can anybody give me a hand? Thanks!

And have you ever consider replacing Raichu,i like your moveset on it a lot,but with an all-out offensive team like that,maybe you can consider Galvantula or Jolteon,

And you can set Sticky Web with Galvantula and it is a lot faster ~

Raichu is definitely the weakest member of the squad and those are some good suggestions. There's always Magnezone aswell which can be offensively while still retaining tankiness due to it's great typing. I'm also a fan of Heliolisk since it can get some pretty good moves and has a Water immunity aswell.

1 minute ago, Dartu-san said:

Raichu is definitely the weakest member of the squad and those are some good suggestions. There's always Magnezone aswell which can be offensively while still retaining tankiness due to it's great typing. I'm also a fan of Heliolisk since it can get some pretty good moves and has a Water immunity aswell.

Yep Magnezone is without a doubt best Electric mon in Reborn,but a lot people don't wanna use him on their in-game team because of his abysmal Speed stat,

He can always go for Analytic,Modest Magnezone but i guess it would be wasted potential ~

He is my first option when I consider changing, raichu is strong against flying and water. I already have dealt with water having roserade and with the addition of Excadrill with Rock Slide, I would have dealt with flying as well so no more need for Raichu on the team anymore. I'll also give a shot to Crobat in my team replacing Staraptor. I would have the same strengh against bug and fighting types and more coverage agains fairy, dark and even psychic

1 minute ago, Dartu-san said:

Well on a team full of fast mons I think it could fit well. Also give that robot an assault vest and full special attack and hp investment (or split it a bit with speed) and you are looking at a pretty solid fighter right there.

I am using Magnezone with,

Thunder Wave

Electric Terrain

Discharge

Flash Cannon

Modest Nature,Sturdy,

252 Def,252 Spa,4 Hp,

It's rather unorthodox,but very effective,

Sturdy cuz,i can set up Electric Terrain no matter what,

252 Def Investment makes him live with one EQ with decent HP  :D

I don't really like Magnezone despite everyone using it regularly. Also I already have a 'rank S' pokemon in my team, which is Blaziken, I don't want to be this overpowered haha And as you can see, I don't like slow pokemons, Magnezone wouldn't fit for me

4 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

I am using Magnezone with,

Thunder Wave

Electric Terrain

Discharge

Flash Cannon

Modest Nature,Sturdy,

252 Def,252 Spa,4 Hp,

It's rather unorthodox,but very effective,

Sturdy cuz,i can set up Electric Terrain no matter what,

252 Def Investment makes him live with one EQ with decent HP  :D

I like that, seems fun to use indeed. I also enjoy coming up with a few set of my own sometimes but I haven't tried them in something like reborn. I shall now work on finnaly clearing it in the first place ahah.

Edited by Dartu-san

Hey there, I'm working right now on Zubat and Drillbur breedings. After a little more research, I saw that Rhyperior also can learn Iron Head and Flygon can learn Steel Wing and Iron Tail. What do you guys think about those two?

@Dartu-san @Thundermaze @walpurgis @Sayia (sorry for bothering, don't be mad)

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Trufa said:

Hey there, I'm working right now on Zubat and Drillbur breedings. After a little more research, I saw that Rhyperior also can learn Iron Head and Flygon can learn Steel Wing and Iron Tail. What do you guys think about those two?

Thank you!

In the end it depends on your preference ~

Rhyperior hits hard,he is a decent stealth rock user,but too many weakness which two of them 4x for a long run game imo,and his terrible special bulk leaves him open to any Special Attacker threat,Flygon has an excellent offensive typing,access to Dragon Dance,and has a sweeping potential,decent speed but mediocre bulk and keep that in mind,Excadrill outclasses them both in that regard,in the end you should use whatever you like more ~

11 minutes ago, Trufa said:

Thank you!

Rhyperior is too slow and special hits can hurt it a lot, but if you like it it can work with assault vest + solid rock. Flygon is very cool hehe, I guess it can work with dragon dance, but it still isn't the best. 

What I think is: if you like those pokemon you can make them work, so I encourage you to go for it, but if you're looking for the best and most efficient competitive team there are probably better options.

8 minutes ago, Sayia said:

Rhyperior is okay, but it slow and his SD isn't the best. Flygon with Steel moves? For what? Fairy type? Forgive me but it's a bad idea...

Flygon is usually carrying Iron Tail to hit Fairy types though. It's a pretty good idea, since most Fairy types aren't strong in physical defense, and, after a Dragon Dance, an Iron Tail will most likely OHKO. An Earthquake, Iron tail, Dragon Claw/Outrage (maybe?) and Dragon Dance set is quite good for Flygon...