Another Day in Paradise [OU]

Noivy

THIS RMT IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED OVER A LARGE PERIOD OF TIME. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANY BIG JUDGEMENTS.

...Hi. Im not in the best mood. Not angry, bur more or less contemplative. You know me. I make Sun Teams. Sometimes my teams are Strange. I tried to use as many Occult types as I could. Dark, Psychic and Ghost.

When I feel like this, I like to listen to more quiet tunes. Something like this

And this song sets the tone for the team

Again. Most of my teams are not quite ment for competitive play. I make these as a way to spend time.

So do me a favor. If you think this is ment for competive play and think that it's bad (Which it may probably be) then give me a suggestion(s) rather than being insulting.

38.gif197.gif635.gif609.gif

38.gif @ Life Orb

Trait: Drought

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- SolarBeam/Energy Ball

- Overheat

- Power Swap

- Will-O-Wisp

Another Day...

As the Sun rises, another day comes. Right?

Overheat STAB to get right on the point. WoW to cripple physical leads. Power Swap to cripple Special leads and recharge Overheat. Solarbeam/Energy Ball for a response to rain

197.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Curse

- Payback

- Snarl

- Moonlight

This thing is ment to toy with the foes. Snarl has a 100% chance to reduce SpAtt, and Curse slowly but surely bulks up Umbreon. Moonlight for healing. Synchronize to screw with status abusers.

<Espeon set>

<secret weapon set>

635.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Dragon Pulse

- Dark Pulse

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

I wanted a Dragon sort of opposite of Salamence, so it's Specail attack based, and fast without a set up. Good choice of special attacks, so chose weakpoints when possible.

609.gif @Trait: Shadow Tag

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Psychic

Heyyyyy... Thats a nice weather settyou you have there. It would be a pity if something happened to it.

Lock and burn. Pretty simple. Nothing to be said.

Known weaknesses:

Rain stall

Hazards (Considering a magic bouncer over Cresselia)

Toxic Stall (Again, considering Magic Bounce)

Another Day (Ninetales) (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Drought

- SolarBeam

- Overheat

- Power Swap

- Will-O-Wisp

Think Twice (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Synchronize

EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Curse

- Payback

- Snarl

- Moonlight

Something to Say (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry

Trait: Moxie

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Fire Fang

- Outrage

- Crunch

Paradise (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Moonlight

- Calm Mind

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

You and Me (Hydreigon) (M) @ Leftovers

- Dragon Pulse

- Dark Pulse

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

Just Think About It (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Shadow Tag

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Energy Ball

- Shadow Ball

- Flamethrower

- Psychic

Edited by Lapras

Chiming in.

• What's Chandy's item? I'm assuming Choice Scarf noting the moves but I dunno.
  • A Fighter is something the team could use. May I suggest Virizion? It can wipe out entire rain/sand teams on its own (watch out for Tornadus) and it can learn Synthesis. A good fit for your team considering half your team gets a chunk taken out of them each switch-in from Stealth Rock.
  • If entry hazards are a problem, then you should replace Cresselia with a spinner, of course Espeon or Xatu. Depends on what you want as a side function from your Pokemon; but knowing you I'd choose Espeon as it is not an offensive slouch.
  • If stalling is what you're trying to accomplish with Umbreon, it looks like it could work...barely. It can't take a fast Bug Buzz/Drain Punch/other super effective move well. With a team like yours, I strongly going with a support set instead that sees max Sp. Def investment and moves like Heal Bell instead of Snarl. The only side effect is that Genesect can pick it off, but throw Chandy in the way to take the blow. The U-turn effect will ultimately force a sacrifice of sorts upon the other team, as it's forced to put something in front of a Shadow Tag Pokemon.

• If stalling is what you're trying to accomplish with Umbreon, it looks like it could work...barely. It can't take a fast Bug Buzz/Drain Punch/other super effective move well. With a team like yours, I strongly going with a support set instead that sees max Sp. Def investment and moves like Heal Bell instead of Snarl. The only side effect is that Genesect can pick it off, but throw Chandy in the way to take the blow. The U-turn effect will ultimately force a sacrifice of sorts upon the other team, as it's forced to put something in front of a Shadow Tag Pokemon.

I'm only on half terms here. I agree with giving Umbreon a larger Sp. Def investment, but I think that would just make Snarl work all the better, so keeping that on a spongey umbreon would make bug buzz cry. Since Umbreon tends to get more heat from special moves, It's better this way because almost ALL of your other pokemon can stop fighting types in their tracks. Ninetales has Will-O-Wisp, Cresselia is a natural sponger and fighting tank (meaning it can stop normal fighting types AND special Lucario), and she and Chandelure both have Psychic and Salamence can stop fighting moves rather well.

So yeah, go special Umbreon. I don't really think it needs Heal Bell, as it kinda ruins the whole point of Synchronize. If they know it has it, they're not gonna bother using a status move on it again.

Also, Fire Fang can 4x stuff like Ferrothorn, but it's low power means you should just rely on Hydreigon or Chandelure for stallers like that, seeing as ST pretty much stops Ferrothorn and other stallers in it's tracks. I recommend replacing Fire Fang with Earthquake, since there's still some rock weakness on this team.

Also... FINALLY, I see someone who's using Hydreigon in a less accuracy-reliable wave. When I see one with both Fire Blast and Focus Blast, I die a little on the inside.

Edited by Roo The BAKA!

You Can Use The Set Of Stevin

Chandelure (F) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/ Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Heat Wave

- Shadow Ball

- Energy Ball

- Hidden Power [ice]

This is the second time I'm going to address this. Comment on the team, don't just blindly post sets. If you're not going to do that, then refrain from posting in this section at all.

Owen, I've battled you, so you know my thoughts on it. It's a nice team, but has some issues with stall in general.

Rate: 9.5/10

You Can Use The Set Of Stevin

Chandelure (F) @ Focus Sash

EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/ Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Heat Wave

- Shadow Ball

- Energy Ball

- Hidden Power [ice]

This set is useless, dude. One does not simply run a Sash pokemon without a spinner. That and his Scarf set is fine as is.