• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Also how fucking hard did they buff Skarner, jesus

they didn't much at all unless I just suck with him now; but the new passive is cool, if a little disappointing that only his Q is reduced on auto attacks.

@ Jelly, I read a bit of that thread aside from the linked post and I agree that it's kind of implied on a couple champions as is; and I don't mean the forced Ezreal/Taric thing- more like Diana/Leona and the theory some people came up with when IronStylus elaborated on their history/relationship. But I'm pretty indifferent on the subject in general so long as it's not a painfully obvious and potentially inaccurate stereotype

they didn't much at all unless I just suck with him now; but the new passive is cool, if a little disappointing that only his Q is reduced on auto attacks.

@ Jelly, I read a bit of that thread aside from the linked post and I agree that it's kind of implied on a couple champions as is; and I don't mean the forced Ezreal/Taric thing- more like Diana/Leona and the theory some people came up with when IronStylus elaborated on their history/relationship. But I'm pretty indifferent on the subject in general so long as it's not a painfully obvious and potentially inaccurate stereotype

He's pretty gr8 now actually (and already was before this change), people just have no idea how to build him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwIOsxHPQs

People complaining about it because "too noob-friendly", figures. I'm one of those who also times stuff in normal games (kind of a routine when you start it you know), it's true that it needs a little effort to do but it's not like it would help zero-objective mindset drastically. I mean, those people will be rushing dragons over inhibitors "cuz' timers" the first days...

I see no way that timers can be good for he overall health of the game.

Especially in the "thematic" sense. The jungle timers would, so to speak, hurt the game's aesthetics. Say, if I'm a new player, that seeing the time of the camp, I'd kinda be like "this is Summoner's Rift, natural environment, why is this spawning exactly 5 minutes after I kill it?" It needs to be mysterious to those that aren't actively tracking the camps; it is a natural environment after all, it does need to have that mysterious/surprising aspect to it. Otherwise it just wouldn't feel right IMO.

I could list a plethora of other reasons but I'm not feeling it.

Long story short, this is the line that shouldn't be approached as far as clarity is concerned.

If it was supposed to be natural and mysterious, it would spawn at random times and you wouldn't know when it had respawned until you checked it. But it's not supposed to be natural and mysterious. League of Legends is a constructed battlefield. It's made by magical architects who have constructed it so that new monsters appear at regular intervals. So yeah, this is just another change making League of Legends more accessible to new players, which is something that desperately needs to happen. Long story short, if you don't want timers, you want to have an advantage over other players that don't know that the buff respawns every 5 minutes. You want people who read wikis instead of playing the game to know more about the game.

If it was supposed to be natural and mysterious, it would spawn at random times and you wouldn't know when it had respawned until you checked it. But it's not supposed to be natural and mysterious. League of Legends is a constructed battlefield. It's made by magical architects who have constructed it so that new monsters appear at regular intervals. So yeah, this is just another change making League of Legends more accessible to new players, which is something that desperately needs to happen. Long story short, if you don't want timers, you want to have an advantage over other players that don't know that the buff respawns every 5 minutes. You want people who read wikis instead of playing the game to know more about the game.

Atm my only gripe with the timers is that they add more information on an already cluttered screen.

And the video of that guy is rather whiny. Sure, smurfing is an issue in lower levels, but to say that the game itself is hostile to new players is stupid. League is supposed to be easy to learn and hard to master. If that dumbfuck couldn't figure out the little things and build from the recommended build, then that's a fault all his own.

>tfw just when I got SO used to remembering timers that I don't even need to write them down to remember, they add in client jungle timers

Thanks rito for nerfing my Shaco again

did i mention it's kitty season

all these nidalee buffs <3

die

>tfw just when I got SO used to remembering timers that I don't even need to write them down to remember, they add in client jungle timers

Thanks rito for nerfing my Shaco again

die

Don't forget that they're adding a barrier on the new SR that won't let you leave until 00:15. Less setup time for the clown prince.

Atm my only gripe with the timers is that they add more information on an already cluttered screen.

And the video of that guy is rather whiny. Sure, smurfing is an issue in lower levels, but to say that the game itself is hostile to new players is stupid. League is supposed to be easy to learn and hard to master. If that dumbfuck couldn't figure out the little things and build from the recommended build, then that's a fault all his own.

Funny that you call him a dumbfuck when he's literally just a guy asking for some basic human dignity. Sure, he's not a hardcore moba fan, but there's no need to call him a retard for not knowing things that are nowhere to be found in the game itself.

Don't forget that they're adding a barrier on the new SR that won't let you leave until 00:15. Less setup time for the clown prince.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

ARE THEY SERIOUSLY FUCKING DOING THAT

THANKS

Now watch when they rework shaco they turn him as useless as Skarner when he got his rework

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

ARE THEY SERIOUSLY FUCKING DOING THAT

THANKS

Now watch when they rework shaco they turn him as useless as Skarner when he got his rework

Riot fucking hates Shaco. There's no doubt in my mind.

wait

are you serious

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH