The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've got a new video here. Teaser, most likely:

Some say it's for a new champion, while others speculate it's for a Cho'Gath VU or relaunch despite the monster being referred to as female...personally, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

We've got a new video here. Teaser, most likely:

Some say it's for a new champion, while others speculate it's for a Cho'Gath VU or relaunch despite the monster being referred to as female...personally, I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

Leaker already said its a new champ, and he's been dead on so far, so....

So, I've had the chance to watch some people play Rek'Sai and also had the chance to play as her a little bit myself. Here are my first observations:

Rek'Sai's niche
Sorta tanky disruptor with exceptional out-of-combat mobility and jungle clears.

Pros

• Strong clear speeds and counterjungling
  • As mentioned before, exceptional out-of-combat mobility with a global dash for an ultimate
  • Decent at 1v1s early- and mid-game
  • Resourceless
  • Has sustain
  • True damage with a 240% AD ratio? U w0t m8?

Cons

• Falls off late-game
  • Almost all damage is within melee range
  • Poor scalings outside of Furious Bite
  • Kiteable in combat
  • Like Sion, everyone is alerted globally when Rek'Sai ults, and ca be seen dashing to a tunnel if enemy vision allows

Rek'Sai's damage
As you can probably tell, Rek'Sai has a bursty nature to her between what damage spells she has. Her burrowed Q, aka her tool to catch up with an enemy, is magic damage. However, the rest of her damage is Physical (except Furious Bite which deals true damage if her Fury is maxed) and scales with Attack Damage. Her burst also includes a number of autoattacks.

Tunneling

Rek'Sai's unique mechanic, Tunneling, is pretty cool. How it works is, when she is burrowed, she can create a tunnel which allows her to dash through walls n stuff, creating unique gank paths, escaping sticky situations, or just straight up taking a shortcut. The tunnels last for 10 minutes (similar to Teemo's shrooms) but can be stomped in by enemy champions, destroying them.

their main purpose, however, is for Rek'Sai's ultimate, Void Rush. After a delay, Rek'Sai becomes untargetable(?) and quickly dashes to any of her tunnels on the map. This is the out-of-combat mobility, although allies and enemies will be audibly alerted (though they can't see you unless they see you zoom through their vision)!

Standard build
this is the kind of build that I noticed yielded the most success:

• Poacher's Knife w/ Warrior ench.
  • Boots of Mobility
  • Blade of the Ruined King
  • Spirit Visage
  • Randuin's Omen
  • Warmog's Armor

Rek'Sai is able to Rek the enemy jungle, making Poacher's Knife a natural fit. The enchantment should usually be Warrior, but if your team lacks a tank, you might want Juggernaut.

After that, Boots of Mobility into Blade of the Ruined King should complete your mid-game core. BoM give nice movement out of combat and let Rek'Sai be anywhere she wants in seconds. Blade of the Ruined King is used very well for duels and ability to catch up to prey (through the active).

When teamfights start, you can still be scrappy, but you gotta get tanky. The reason I recommend Spirit Visage over Banshee's Veil is that she heals out of combat, and that the increased healing synergizes with the out-of-combat Regen with Warmog's Armor. Randuin's Omen is the icing on the cake, and it's active strengthens flank initiations or helps follow up on initiated teamfights.

I'll be adding more when I get more chances to play her!

I will be spending the next couple weeks saving to get Rek'Sai ASAP. She is the best thing ever

Though, I am sorta used to playing late-game champs (or Evelynn who is just awesome throughout owo) I guess I'll just have to win sooner. Also, how is she in teamfights?

Also, how is she in teamfights?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm inclined to say she isn't that great. She can wreck face if she can flank without getting detected by wards n such, but otherwise getting to the team is difficult, since she is kited surprisingly easily. Having someone who can initiate for her (ex. Lissandra, Ashe, or Thresh) will make getting in range much easier.

Had a support Brand literally one day before that article was made. Needless to say, my experience with him was not so fun. Never hit a stun so I was left with an only damage support who took every chance to try and take a kill. Claimed I was new and an awful player after I was 7/1/4 by 20 minutes. Glad I haven't seen one since.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/promotion/dark-horses-support-brand

interesting little article to check out. Note that for those of you with a little extra RP, Cryocore Brand has been added to this weekend's champion and skin sale.

except why would you ever want to play brand instead of annie :I

Had a support Brand literally one day before that article was made. Needless to say, my experience with him was not so fun. Never hit a stun so I was left with an only damage support who took every chance to try and take a kill. Claimed I was new and an awful player after I was 7/1/4 by 20 minutes. Glad I haven't seen one since.

I've had this with tons of supports, not the champion's fault owo

I've had this with tons of supports, not the champion's fault owo

Well normally a Thresh or a Braum won't be chunking half of the enemy's health, and other supports like Nami or Soraka at least have some sort of heal, and while Annie does do hella damage for a support, she has a reliable source of stun in comparison to Brand having to hit one spell and then hit a skill shot within a short window of time.

DONT TAKE HIM AWAY FROM US

one of us. One Of Us. ONE OF US. ONE.OF.US.

So he's harder to play as, whatever. It's pretty clear from the rest of your post that he was just being an asshole anyways, he would have done the same thing with whoever he picked, Brand was just an easy choice for it

Fuck support brand and everyone who plays it.