LoL General Chat

The Fush

So I'm nearing enough IP to buy Kennen and was contemplating builds... Anyone have suggestions for an AP+AS build... possibly with Shiv because lightning owo Or maybe just want to shoot down that idea as even viable (though I'd kinda rather you not totally shoot down anything outside Shiv, which was mostly a joke anyways <_<)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm nearing enough IP to buy Kennen and was contemplating builds... Anyone have suggestions for an AP+AS build... possibly with Shiv because lightning owo Or maybe just want to shoot down that idea as even viable (though I'd kinda rather you not totally shoot down anything outside Shiv, which was mostly a joke anyways <_<)

If you're gonna build AP/AS instead of a more pure AP build then prepare to run Nashor's Tooth; provides everything Kennen could want, that being AP, AS, AP on autoattacks for bonus damage with W passive and some CDR too. Lich Bane is also highly recommended, but'll take some good timing if you want to combine it with your W passive. That's about all I'd suggest for it though, since Kenny loves his normal AP classics such as Deathcap aswell and it's best if you run those alongside with them anyway.

• Administrators

While Nashoor's Tooth wouldn't be terrible, I don't think it's optimal compared to a utility-AP build. Look for items that both contribute to Kennen's survivability and give him AP, because his ult, E and to a point W necessitate that he be in the fray. Zhonya's, WotA, Rylai's are all good options here.

While Nashoor's Tooth wouldn't be terrible, I don't think it's optimal compared to a utility-AP build. Look for items that both contribute to Kennen's survivability and give him AP, because his ult, E and to a point W necessitate that he be in the fray. Zhonya's, WotA, Rylai's are all good options here.

Never really played Kennen but I would think that Abyssal could be an easy addition to that as well due to its magic resist as well as magic resists reducing aura which would be useful if you jump into the center of a team fight.

An AP - attack speed build would most likely include either Nashor's Tooth or Lich Bane or maybe even both.

You also have the option to build him as an AD carry, which isn't entirely unheard of. Although you'll lose a lot of your spell burst, having an unexpected source of DPS on your team is always nice.

AP Kennen usually looks something like: Zhonya's, MPen boots, Deathcap, Rylai's for core. With GA, Liadry's, Void Staff, Abyssal, Twin Shadows, and WotA also being options (in order of approximate usefulness) Bork is also sometimes built on Top Kennen. Distrotion usually goes on the boots, since you kinda need to Flash into teamfights for your ult

Also, ADC Kennen would work so much better if his Q had an AD ratio owo

Also, ADC Kennen would work so much better if his Q had an AD ratio owo

Yeah. That would make it more useful.

His W has a ratio, which was the reason people used to play him in pros...

Passive: Every 5th basic attack deals bonus magic damage equal to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80% of Kennen's Attack Damage and adds a Mark of the Storm on hit.

The passive nerf in patch 3.9 was what ultimately killed AD Kennen in pros, as part of Kennen's strategy was to use the passive to keep the enemy at bay with an array of stuns while he did what AD carries do.

Yeah, that AD ratio is actually pretty awesome, if he just had one on his poke it would be pretty worthwhile a pick. His kit is nearly perfect for an ADC, Q poke, W is W, E for running fast, and ult for stunning anything that gets too close/locking down opponents in 1v1s/2v2s

He's already good at pushing as is, just a little orange %[iDK what would be good numbers] by his Q and he'd be perfect

who thinks rek'sai will keep her 1:1 ap ratio into next patch?

Not me, it will probably drop to 0.7 with the run of balance changes that will hit the PBE this week (supposedly).

We called it, thank goodness.

Rek'Sai

• Queen's Wrath (Q) bonus AD ratio lowered to .3 from .4
  • Prey Seeker (Burrowed Q) AP ratio lowered to .7 AP from 1.0 AP

These come alongside a bunch of heavy Syndra nerfs which were, imo, very much needed.

• Administrators

>syndra nerfs
brb S@20

EDIT: that's not TOO terrible. The Q damage evens out eventually (and conveniently when she gets the passive boost anyway) and I'm not sure exactly how the second change works so I'll have to see myself before I comment on that

It's not awful. Just makes her early game a little less dominant. Her poke was always a bit insane. Made it really hard for melee midlaners like Kat and Fizz. As for the E, I barely see people using the upgraded with that often as normally the balls end up being pushed from the center, or at least that's how I do it.

>syndra nerfs

brb S@20

EDIT: that's not TOO terrible. The Q damage evens out eventually (and conveniently when she gets the passive boost anyway) and I'm not sure exactly how the second change works so I'll have to see myself before I comment on that

The second part of said nerf (to Scatter The Weak) was the big deal. People had been asking for this for a while since there were many cases of stuns being applied even if the sphere wasn't even close to hitting them (several pros have called it a "guaranteed stun") as the hitbox was so huge.

as for the Q damage reduction, it's probs significant enough to weaken her very early bullying power so that enemies have time to"get comfortable" before level 4 hits which is when Syndra should become a real valid threat again.

Loving that Riot is dropping the prices way low on the runes starting Season 5. They are way too expensive for beginning players to get into making decent rune pages and I feel like it's a step in the right direction.

confused as to why it took them this long to do this

• 3 weeks later...

PBE has been updated with refined portrait icons for champs with newer splash arts. Info can be found here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/01/15-pbe-update.html#more

Just wanted to express my opinion on Kog'maw's and Shyvana's. Left is new, right is old.

f7ea002847.pngc22441a8a8.png

I absolutely hate what they did with their eyes. They did it with other champs and it looked fine, but theirs just doesn't look right, especially Kog'maw's. His look far too large and Shyvana's just look absolutely ugly. Most of the new portrait icons were just zoom-ins or touching up on blurry areas, but these are just nasty looking. I think Shyvana's background was perfectly fine, but that red paired with those ugly eyes is making me want to vomit. Kog'maw's brighter colors and incredibly swollen eyes that just scream "I'm trying to be kawaii," are just making me cry.

I would like Kog'Maw's if it wasn't quite so different from the original. Well, except that his right eye (the one on your left) just looks insanely derpy at that angle no matter what you do. And Shyv's... The dark area around them is bleh, but I like the glowing-ness owo

Edited by KosherKitten