LoL General Chat

The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PBE has been updated with refined portrait icons for champs with newer splash arts. Info can be found here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/01/15-pbe-update.html#more

Just wanted to express my opinion on Kog'maw's and Shyvana's. Left is new, right is old.

f7ea002847.pngc22441a8a8.png

I absolutely hate what they did with their eyes. They did it with other champs and it looked fine, but theirs just doesn't look right, especially Kog'maw's. His look far too large and Shyvana's just look absolutely ugly. Most of the new portrait icons were just zoom-ins or touching up on blurry areas, but these are just nasty looking. I think Shyvana's background was perfectly fine, but that red paired with those ugly eyes is making me want to vomit. Kog'maw's brighter colors and incredibly swollen eyes that just scream "I'm trying to be kawaii," are just making me cry.

shyv looks so much more masculine '-'

Here's a feature that was on ESPN the other day about Robert Morris University, the first university (at least in North America) to feature eSports scholarships, namely League of Legends. Interesting stuff that I recommend watching. Includes interviews with the president of IGN as well as the head honcho of MLG.

There are many reasons for the portrait changes, and not all of them mean to make their characters look cool. One reason would be being able to tell champions apart with a quick glance as opposed to making them look cool, if they were focused on how they looked then they would most likely change the splash art as well.

Ex. the changes to Lee Sin's portrait helps tell him apart from Kayle or Pantheon when one only has a millisecond to make so much as a passing glance.

In some cases though, there are some fun or cool-looking minute details. Look at Gragas, for example.

Gragas_Square_0.pngGragas_Square_0_old.png

You'll notice his eyes are more noticeably rolled towards the back of his head, a nod to his theme of being a drunk bastard. IMO, it looks pretty funny. But overall his didn't seem to need changes in regard to being able to tell him apart, this is just funny (and a bit scary).

Lol. I nearly commented on how I thought his glowing eyes looked weird. Now that you mention they're rolled back that is actually pretty damn funny. Also now that you mention it, eyes are one of the first things we spot for facial recognition stuffs, so the whole drakness and glowing about Shyv makes a lot of sense Koggy still looks derpy AF

In other news, I randomly decided to try Poppy. And my god once you hit around level 8 or 9 you completely wreck everything. Even the tank cannot withstand your might for long

Edited by KosherKitten

Updated the original post with more pictures of the Katarina, Nidalee, and Vel'koz skins.

Regarding DFG From Scarizard:

• "Confirmed. As of 5.2, Deathfire Grasp will be removed. We're working on a context post that should be out soon to explain!"
  • Important note: DFG's removal won't be the only change - a number of champions will receive changes/updates to compensate.
  • I've posted this tons in replies, so let me be clear - of the champions being compensated for DFG's removal, Ahri and Veigar are at the top."]

We'll be seeing a new item with a similar amount of AP coming in to replace it. Probably gonna see some shit like Double Deathcap for a while because of the gap in itemization.

I dunno about that. Rylai's should do a decent job of filling that void for now.

I dunno about that. Rylai's should do a decent job of filling that void for now.

Yeah, cept not every mid laner that built DFG would build Rylai's. Don't think that'll change much.

Updated the original post with more pictures of the Katarina, Nidalee, and Vel'koz skins.

Regarding DFG From Scarizard:

• "Confirmed. As of 5.2, Deathfire Grasp will be removed. We're working on a context post that should be out soon to explain!"
  • Important note: DFG's removal won't be the only change - a number of champions will receive changes/updates to compensate.
  • I've posted this tons in replies, so let me be clear - of the champions being compensated for DFG's removal, Ahri and Veigar are at the top."]

I was worried at first and then I looked at the bottom point and I felt relief